Author Topic: Some of My wife and mine favorite 1990s rock music.  (Read 1352 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Bob Riebe

Re: Some of My wife and mine favorite 1990s rock music.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 10:13:21 AM »
All new to me.

For my part, while there have been a few interesting bands in the 21st century, rock music as I knew it from the sixties and its evolution died in the Nineties. :'(

Offline phalanx

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 10:37:43 AM »
YouTube isn't cooperating. Forget about it. Yes Bob ,a certain sector did die . But what sectors were you into.
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 11:12:25 AM »
All new to me.

For my part, while there have been a few interesting bands in the 21st century, rock music as I knew it from the sixties and its evolution died in the Nineties. :'(

Bob ,personally we don't like 60s hippy music.
Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 11:21:20 AM »
Sunny , was a female Iraq veteran. Who came home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfKKBDFCiIA&list=RDXDjbg-WDimc&index=2
Constantine III

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 11:27:20 AM »
All new to me.

Bob ,personally we don't like 60s hippy music.
Don't forget the Top 40 feel good music, Lovin Spoonful, Chicago, Blood-Sweat & Tears, etc.; that died with the sixties :'(

Offline phalanx

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 11:35:07 AM »
Boring.
Constantine III

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 11:50:04 AM »
A matter of opinion.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 12:09:04 PM »
My favorite is country rap...

Offline phalanx

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 12:37:32 PM »
Mr jones. We all want something beautiful .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSO_wvnLhtY
Constantine III

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2022, 12:50:58 PM »
I like rock but the chevy was drove to the levy around 1974. There is no good 80s or 90s rock.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2022, 01:09:43 PM »
I like rock but the chevy was drove to the levy around 1974. There is no good 80s or 90s rock.

Yes during the early 70s. The Icelandic's would sing it to us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ecvBaqHBk

Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2022, 01:32:36 PM »
There was a hotel Vic in Reykjavik , we used to go there and mess with the lady’s. Nanna westerlund, i might have married her, without all the commie friends and family interference. We rented a VW and drove to Selfoss, and her family there, they were very nice.
Constantine III

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2022, 11:29:41 PM »
took a ride to my first wifes parents house in 75 with my 70 ss454 chevelle with credence or pink Floyd playing on the fm radio. Not a single commy anywhere or at least then they were afraid to admit it. Dad was nice too. We sat on the patio and he broke out a bottle of bourbon and some steaks. He probably was playing Patsy Cline or Meral Hagger on the radio though. Or maybe a tigers game.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 06:52:28 AM »
Nanna never did fit in with that commie crowd, telling her what to do. But she didn’t like me flying off to the UK and being gone all the time, doing my duty and following orders. There was a lot of American service men who married those women and had on base housing. It was the same there in England ,with  British women. Brought back here once the American husband was discharged. I Assume Germany was the same, IG could tell us more about that. If we did go to Germany for very long ,i would stay at the transient barracks until we left. Iceland , Greenland, and the UK was our usual supply route. We called it the North Atlantic triangle.
Constantine III

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 07:59:13 AM »
I would imagine  some of those foreign brides turned out to be good loyal wives, some not. Sure would not be hard to beat the average American record nowadays.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 08:12:19 AM »
I would imagine  some of those foreign brides turned out to be good loyal wives, some not. Sure would not be hard to beat the average American record nowadays.

Some of them didn't want to come here. So they stayed as a couple where they were. Butch, an AF Staff Sargent we once had , stayed in England when he got out. I don't know what ever came of him. But he did marry a petty lady.
I thought about Iceland, but i didn't want to be a fisherman the rest of my life.
Constantine III

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2023, 09:34:54 AM »
there all women no matter where there from. Its a roll of the dice every time. Id actually think odds of getting a bad one would be higher. Many of them just using it to get there citizenship then on to a better sugar daddy.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2023, 10:27:24 AM »
Lloyd ive never seen that from northern European women, who don't have to resort to that. That’s usually south of the border women. Where some of them do look Caucasian. I looked at some pictures of those border jumping migrants.
Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2023, 10:44:41 AM »
When we were still on good terms with the Russian Federation. I was in a local gun shop, and a guy i know came in there with a Russian lady bride from a dating site  She was really pretty and they are still together and live in Lubbock now. Russia is known for having pretty women.
Constantine III

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2023, 04:40:01 AM »
Back to the OP. None of that is rock in my book. By the eighties decent rock was pretty much corrupted into mostly noise and has just gotten worse.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2023, 05:15:44 AM »
Back to the OP. None of that is rock in my book. By the eighties decent rock was pretty much corrupted into mostly noise and has just gotten worse.

That’s true , then RAP came along and made things even worse. Even country has gone downhill. There is no new inspiration in music nowadays. A lot of radio stations have gone to playing the oldies.
Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2023, 05:46:19 AM »
Movies haven't gotten any better either. Gangsters, car chases, interracial stuff. The SciFi channel has brought in some of its new Twilight Zone episodes. They are ok i guess, i watched them through NewYears. They are supposed to become a regular in February. Still a CBS affiliation, with a Black guy who talks like Rod Serling did.

After two days of the new Twilight Zone. I liked most of them but not a few of the others. Not much of anything space related. One was about telepathy, some guy talking to a lady who was able to do it also. She conned this guy into killing her husband. Then the cops grabbed him because she denied she had done anything. And he was crazy.      More like a murder mystery.
Constantine III

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 07:43:19 AM »
IMO country has improved a little over the years. I never could stand the squeeky fiddle, singing thru your nose stuff that I grew with. Bob Wills, Earnest Tubb, and the other imitators and that was all that was on the radio. If you listened to music in my area back then that was it.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2023, 08:13:09 AM »
Now, and for a long time, classes of music have been divided into a myriad of sub-divisions.

A long time ago, there was classical, jazz, blues, rock, country and blue grass, not that way any more.

I have also never likedd the old time mode of music (including fifties rock & roll); I bought a Christmas album many years back recorded by what would be polka type band,(no tuba) and the , to me , horrid off key singing made me wonder how such music still survives.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2023, 10:25:03 AM »
Lubbock has two classic rock stations, we can pick them up over here. And a classic country station i like to listen to also.
Constantine III

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2023, 12:45:42 PM »
My kids are on a Pink Floyd dive for now.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2023, 01:35:06 PM »
How about CCR, Lynrd Sknyrd, Allman Bros, ZZ Top. Not Hippy style moosic. Being from the South, I likes the southern rock bands. After all, Rock was invented in Memphis. Chuck Berry!

This guy.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F569_t2jCio
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2023, 04:35:22 AM »
Lubbock has two classic rock stations, we can pick them up over here. And a classic country station i like to listen to also.

The ridge west of Denver City keeps me from listening to Lubbock radio. I can usually get 102 out of Odessa because we are higher and 10 Mile Hill south of town doesn't extend far enough east to block it out. We are about at it outer reach though. It is better at Hobbs and pretty well done by Tatum. We did have 2 rock stations out of Hobbs. The college took over one an it is now what I call whiney pop trash and the other changed it's format to "modern" rock which is just noise  for the sake of noise. It's now S/XM in our suv and I blutooth it thru my phone in my jeep. Even it has it's days when nothing is worth listening too.

Chuck Berry was only one of the first rockers. Little Richard, Fats Domino (love Fats) an many others share the credit for rock music.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2023, 10:46:13 AM »
Paula Cole, where have all the cowboys gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUmKUWzbDxg
Constantine III