Author Topic: this speaker crap will kill us  (Read 3087 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: this speaker crap will kill us
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2023, 04:39:06 PM »
What the hell is wrong with Trump? He just voiced support of Kevin McCarthy. Is he trying to lose his voter base before he even runs? Pretty obvious McCarthy is part of the swamp. I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp. Not flood it. McCarthy is a damn Rino...He needs to go!
  He certainly lost my support ,  Throwing his gay parties and backing McCarthy . 

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2023, 05:11:57 PM »
Trump has a talking problem. His off switch doesn't work. And I agree. Mccarthy needs to go.

The news media is going nuts, the RINO Republicans are going nuts, and everyone is saying its embarrassing. The only one that should be embarrassed is Kevin Mccarthy because hes been making the rounds on TV interviews playing House Speaker.

This open debating, and voting, is how it was originally intended, instead of doing these backroom deals and laws, that are put together in secret, then drug out and voted on in the middle of the night.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2023, 11:00:34 PM »
All i know is they need to end this bs and get to work on the border, fossil fuel production and our military. No matter who becomes speaker it looks like it will be nothing but another trump roast for 4 years. The ones that didnt get there way will attack anyone thats speaker that they didnt support and it will weaken us so much that 2024 might be a crap storm.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2023, 12:56:19 AM »
When Mccarthy came into Congress the national debt was 17 trillion dollars. He never mentioned bringing it down. Now the national debt is 32 trillion dollars, and like many other Washington swampers, Kevin Mccarthy is just as guilty as the rest.

CHANGE can be painful, and these true "conservative republican house members" have the courage to stand their ground, and demand change.

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES, YOU'VE GOT TO START SOMEWHERE. SO I HOPE THESE 20 "TRUE PATRIOTS" STAND THEIR GROUND FOR "REAL CHANGE".
Agree Agree x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2023, 01:06:00 AM »
It is 2 years to 2024.  That looks like 730 days to me.  In cannot see a great deal of harm coming from spending 5 or 10 days, ironing things out before they get started.
   That is how it was done when the constitution was fresh and we did our best to follow it.

Keep in mind, this is going on because there are 2 groups, competing for the direction the congress will take.

Keep in mind, either side could back down, and allow the other to take the lead..  Or they could reach an agreement that leads away from the old, "business as usual" congress.

Question yourself; is this an "against the people" drive by the minority, or is it a "cleansing of the swamp" by fresh, new faces?

In any case, lets relax..even if this drags out 20 days, so long as they start work in earnest once seated..they will still have time to get work done.

" If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"  (John Wooden)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2023, 01:27:23 AM »
It is 2 years to 2024.  That looks like 730 days to me.  In cannot see a great deal of harm coming from spending 5 or 10 days, ironing things out before they get started.
   That is how it was done when the constitution was fresh and we did our best to follow it.

Keep in mind, this is going on because there are 2 groups, competing for the direction the congress will take.

Keep in mind, either side could back down, and allow the other to take the lead..  Or they could reach an agreement that leads away from the old, "business as usual" congress.

Question yourself; is this an "against the people" drive by the minority, or is it a "cleansing of the swamp" by fresh, new faces?

In any case, lets relax..even if this drags out 20 days, so long as they start work in earnest once seated..they will still have time to get work done.

" If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"  (John Wooden)

Total agreement!

Bitch about the spending, and then bitchin about 20 representatives tryin to rein everything in doesn't make much sense.

If these 20 don't stand up now, it will never be done, and I'm proud to say 3 of'em are Texans.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2023, 01:59:36 AM »
Perhaps if they can get this hashed out and all are in agreement, they can move ahead more determined and serious about doing some REAL work than ever.

I think we all agreed that going on with the "business as usual" attitude of recent years, is not the answer... correct?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2023, 02:12:33 AM »
Exactly, and cleaning up a mess, can be messy, and takes time.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2023, 04:01:39 AM »
I'm proud of these Texans and the others who are standing firm. What the hell is wrong with this Texan? I had respect for him at one time.
Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw blasts anti-McCarthy Republicans: ‘tired of your stupid platitudes’
He needs to pull his head out, if he plans on representing most Texan Republicans.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2023, 04:24:24 AM »
Now I see where Jim Jordan was mentioned to run for leadership, but he refused, and is supporting McCarthy. What is going on with the Republican party?

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2023, 04:26:31 AM »
Crenshaw has shown his true colors before, I think maybe his injuries have affected his brain. Business as usual means nothing done will be good for America.

Offline Dee

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2023, 04:30:48 AM »
I'm proud of these Texans and the others who are standing firm. What the hell is wrong with this Texan? I had respect for him at one time.
Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw blasts anti-McCarthy Republicans: ‘tired of your stupid platitudes’
He needs to pull his head out, if he plans on representing most Texan Republicans.

Crenshaw voted against the Second Amendment sometime back and has proven that he is not what he is purported to be. Veteran or not he is part of the swamp. Apparently Jim Jordan has got his feet and Ankle deep in the swamp.

I'm sure a huge hold up is these 20 Republicans want term limits, and what self-respecting politician would ever agree to that?
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2023, 05:28:20 AM »
i guess who is going to run that isnt a "politician" with all the bs that comes with it. The MAJOR thing is putting someone in there that the whole republican party can ralley around and i dont think that man has been born yet. Just a bunch of power hungry sobs jockeying for position and political pull. There isnt a single son of a bitch amoung them that really gives a crap about us. What we have now is a part split as wide as the split between the democrats and republicans and nancy and the rest of those liberal sob's are laughing there ass off.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2023, 06:27:10 AM »
What the hell is wrong with Trump? He just voiced support of Kevin McCarthy. Is he trying to lose his voter base before he even runs? Pretty obvious McCarthy is part of the swamp. I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp. Not flood it. McCarthy is a damn Rino...He needs to go!
  He certainly lost my support ,  Throwing his gay parties and backing McCarthy .

Things like this is why i would back Ron DeSantis for President. Over Trump ,who probably wouldn't win anyway. To much water already under that bridge.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2023, 08:26:19 AM »
   No question about Lauren Boebert and the 2nd amendment.  Here is a picture/story about her and her restaurant.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/05/14/rifle-restaurant-shooters-grill-defies-a-cease-and-desist-order-to-keep-serving-diners/

Offline Dee

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2023, 09:51:08 AM »
   No question about Lauren Boebert and the 2nd amendment.  Here is a picture/story aboutvher and her restaurant.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/05/14/rifle-restaurant-shooters-grill-defies-a-cease-and-desist-order-to-keep-serving-diners/

I would say she is pretty solid.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2023, 09:58:18 AM »
   No question about Lauren Boebert and the 2nd amendment.  Here is a picture/story aboutvher and her restaurant.

I would say she is pretty solid.

Yep. Proud to say she’s from Colorado. Now if we could just get rid of the bedwetters here, we could get back to where we were 50 years ago, when I moved here.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2023, 09:58:33 AM »
Here's a 4 minute video, featuring the Boebert's restaurant.  No doubt, all here will enjoy it....with the possible exception of Trumpwon...

..Bet nobody EVER tried to rob that business...  ENJOY !    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMlzLMwv1M

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2023, 12:07:40 PM »
Her restaurant is now closed, lost the lease to the building. I have eaten in that restaurant.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2023, 01:33:15 PM »
Her restaurant is now closed, lost the lease to the building. I have eaten in that restaurant.
   I guess she is busy enough now, so she can't be there every day. One wonders if dirty politics had anything to do with her loss of lease.  If so, some apparently nice people lost their jobs over a petty pout.

Online Mule 11

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2023, 01:37:15 PM »
   I guess she is busy enough now, so she can't be there every day. One wonders if dirty politics had anything to do with her loss of lease.  If so, some apparently nice people lost their jobs over a petty pout.

They are not the only ones losing income over the woke destruction of America...
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2023, 03:27:20 PM »
I went to Shooters about three years ago. Food was mediocre. I was surprised how many tourists were there because of it's reputation.  Not sure about all the waitresses but mine carried a gun furnished by the restaurant and didn't care or know much about shooting. Sounded like a recipe for disaster to me.
I ate at the previous restaurant many times and liked it much more. At lunch it was filled with locals, cowboys not tourists, and had an awesome chicken fried steak.
After dining at Shooters I went and bowled a couple games at the alley where her husband got arrested for showing everyone the new tattoo he'd gotten on his (censored word).

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2023, 05:58:53 PM »
McCarthy is a rino, just like Paul Ryan. And these 20 know it. Just to bad that the R's didn't get together and work this out, they had 2 months to do it. Founding fathers took over 3 months to agree on our constitution, I'd rather they make a good choice, even if it takes time, then to push a decision that's a bad one.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2023, 11:05:01 PM »
in the mean while hundreds of illegals are crossing the border daily along with pounds of fentanyl and felons. Our gas prices are rising again. As is interest rates on loans. Food prices are still going up and the democrats are dancing in the isles watching the republicans bickering over nothing. the 20 who are against him have no idea what or who they want. There just typical politicians looking for there 5 minutes of fame and some free publicity for there campaigns. Sad thing is even if this is settled in the next couple days it will effect the cohesion of the republican party for years and might just take away our chance to win in 24. Yup take your time, play your games. Screw doing what we elected you to do!!! It comes down to who are you going to stand with. Guys like Trump or Jordan ands 200 other representatives or 20 idiots looking to bolster there egos and get some campaign contributions. Cant believe any conservative would be for this. Just common sense should tell you that with nancy, shummer and joe dancing in the street over this that it is WRONG on any level
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2023, 01:57:56 AM »
Lloyd, voting in a RINO like Mccarthy IS NOTgonna slow the border jumpers down. Thats a Biden issue. What these brave 20 Representatives are trying to do, is actually change Congress for the better.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2023, 02:51:11 AM »
I went to Shooters about three years ago. Food was mediocre. I was surprised how many tourists were there because of it's reputation.  Not sure about all the waitresses but mine carried a gun furnished by the restaurant and didn't care or know much about shooting. Sounded like a recipe for disaster to me.
I ate at the previous restaurant many times and liked it much more. At lunch it was filled with locals, cowboys not tourists, and had an awesome chicken fried steak.
After dining at Shooters I went and bowled a couple games at the alley where her husband got arrested for showing everyone the new tattoo he'd gotten on his (censored word).

Interesting..the video shows the restaurant, along with the waitresses practicing at the range. The narrator also affirmed it!
     So tell us..the waitress spends perhaps 4 minutes at your table, how did you find out that she is not trained/qualified; and how did you find out that her gun was furnished by the restaurant?
  It would seem that if they were furnished, there would be X number of identical, cheap guns.  The video seemed to show a healthy mix of firearms..
  I would expect you to call their food "mediocre" in any case, but here we have your word against Mrs Boebert's word. 
  Did you REALLY eat there..and if so why?  I guess we will each have to decide if we believe you or Rep Boebert.

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2023, 03:22:27 AM »
Mccarthy continues to remind the media of his most shinning moment in The House of Representatives. 

HE HOLDS THE RECORD FOR THE LONGEST SPEECH ON THE FLOOR IN HISTORY.

What an accomplishment.  ::)
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2023, 03:36:47 AM »
 This debate is exactly what our founding fathers expected.  In fact, it is how they designed congress to operate!

They are not to take decisions lightly..like a ship of fools did a few days ago, the senate passing a 1.7 trillion dollar debt that will accomplish no more than to put our grandchildren in debt..so a few politicians can roll in money NOW !

Congress was designed to DELIBERATE and not enter into actions lightly!  The original congress debated nearly a month..on whether to boycott British goods..

https://www.mountvernon.org/library/digitalhistory/digital-encyclopedia/article/first-continental-congress/#:~:text=The%20First%20Continental%20Congress%20convened,futur

That's called transparency, and today's holdouts, are the real patriots !

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2023, 04:52:47 AM »
well the border effects you more then me so if your willing to let the house waste weeks playing games that could be used to fix the problem then i guess i have no problem with it either. I believe mccarthy said the first thing hes going to do is address the border and energy independence. Its no doubt a biden issue but as long as the republicans are fighting over scraps a meat biden will feast.
Lloyd, voting in a RINO like Mccarthy IS NOTgonna slow the border jumpers down. Thats a Biden issue. What these brave 20 Representatives are trying to do, is actually change Congress for the better.
blue lives matter