Author Topic: this speaker crap will kill us  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
this speaker crap will kill us
« on: January 03, 2023, 08:28:43 AM »
we finallly get control of the house and what do they want to do? Fight amounst each other. Wasting time they could be spending shutting down the border and many other things. I shake my head and think how do we win against the liberals. At least they stick together. What a bunch of flipping idiots! What a waste of (censored word) time and our tax money.
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: this speaker crap will kill us
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 08:47:49 AM »
And might wind up with  a Democrat  as Speaker...
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Online scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 09:28:14 AM »
They can’t do anything until they elect a Speaker. I would just as soon have a good one going forward.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 09:32:43 AM »
They can’t do anything until they elect a Speaker. I would just as soon have a good one going forward.

Ya mean ya dont want another China’s bitch errr Mitch

Online scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 09:40:15 AM »
Looks like they’re going to have a third ballot.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 10:32:08 AM »
Too bad Liz Cheney is gone.

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 12:09:38 PM »

LMAO! I thought that brainless democratic bitch would never leave. But shes gone, and won't be back. .  ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 12:10:58 PM »
Mccarthy says he'll wear'em down. I hope he's wrong.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 12:20:34 PM »
Lots of rino stripes are showing
much clearer now ( if people
just want to see it)

Those that have been raiding the
public coffers during their "careers "
have been sweating a bit more
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 01:34:09 PM »
Good to see a few repubs standing up for a change. We don't need a Mitch clone as speaker.
wtxbadger

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 01:42:24 PM »
Good to see a few repubs standing up for a change. We don't need a Mitch clone as speaker.

Agreed, but I don't think they'll hold up to the pressure.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 01:57:06 PM »
The Republican version of Trotsky; he was erased and so was she. 8)

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 04:40:00 PM »
I think this is the hardliner Republicans standing up against those who are only interested in compromising with the dems.  I think they sense that if they don't push it now, they may not get a better chance.
Swingem
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 05:15:12 PM »
I think this is the hardliner Republicans standing up against those who are only interested in compromising with the dems.  I think they sense that if they don't push it now, they may not get a better chance.

I think you're right, but likely the pressure is enormous, and it'll be a miracle if they prevail.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 11:54:11 PM »
bottom line is like it or not mc carthy will be speaker. Its just a matter of how much time is wasted, money is spend and how badly the republicans let it split and weaken them. If i had my way it would be Jordan but it just isnt happening and they need to end this bs and get to work on the border and putting hunter in jail and proving joe was complacent in those crimes. They need to stop funding bs like global warming and welfare and start building our military back up where we could actually stand toe to toe against china and russia and korea. They should be totaly ashamed of themselves. They are acting more chicken crap that the democrats ever did. We have the house, who gives a crap who is the speaker. Lets use the victory while we can to fix things!!!!!!
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2023, 01:32:16 AM »
Again here we are thinking the republicans are going to fix something. LOL, they are not going to fix anything. They are just a bunch of wind bags.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2023, 01:46:39 AM »
  Call me naive if you wish, but I see this as or congress acting like it was intended by founding fathers!   Congress is
  intended to be a deliberative body, holding their debates in full view of the people !

I noted on the first day of deliberations, that the Dems made note of the fact that the Reps could not agree on one single boss !
   Isn't it amazing that they don't do as the Dems do, huddle in secret like a rat pack, then come out like a flock of obedient comrades with a boss Nancy to present to the people !  ...Business as usual..

According to Newsmax, this is the first time in 100 years since a contested election has taken place!  ...But this kind of event took place nineteen times before that !   So, what does this tell us?
  Simple, it tells us that for our first 144 years,. our congress was not a "go along to make big money" proposition,
  and todays crop of new Republicans, is striving to bring us back to a congress that deliberates for the people and in front of the people...utilizing the US Constitution in it's original intent !
 When striving to return to constitutional government, why the big deal over a few days in
  honest deliberations?
  I give special kudos to members such as Margery Taylor Greene (GA), Lauren Boebert (CO), Elise Stefanik (NY) and Chip Roy (TX)..for courage to do what is RIGHT !

In my view, to ask that the congress should go along with "business as usual"..is to ask for more of the same
  shat that we have been getting for at least 3 decades.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2023, 02:11:42 AM »
  Call me naive if you wish, but I see this as or congress acting like it was intended by founding fathers!   Congress is
  intended to be a deliberative body, holding their debates in full view of the people !

I noted on the first day of deliberations, that the Dems made note of the fact that the Reps could not agree on one single boss !
   Isn't it amazing that they don't do as the Dems do, huddle in secret like a rat pack, then come out like a flock of obedient comrades with a boss Nancy to present to the people !  ...Business as usual..

According to Newsmax, this is the first time in 100 years since a contested election has taken place!  ...But this kind of event took place nineteen times before that !   So, what does this tell us?
  Simple, it tells us that for our first 144 years,. our congress was not "go along to make big money" proposition,
  and todays crop of new Republicans, is striving to bring us back to a congress that deliberates for the people and in front of the people...utilizing the US Constitution in it's original intent !
 When striving to return to constitutional government, why the big deal over a few days in
  honest deliberations?
  I give special kudos to members such as Margery Taylor Greene (GA), Lauren Boebert (CO), Elise Stefanik (NY) and Chip Roy (TX)..for courage to do what is RIGHT !

In my view, to ask that the congress should go along with "business as usual"..is to ask for more of the same
  shat that we have been getting for at least 3 decades.

Marjorie Taylor Green, and Elise Stefanik are both backing "business as usual" Mccarthy for Speaker of the House.

Lauren Boebert, and Chip Roy are against Mccarthy.

What your saying is contradictory to itself.

I personally hope the 20 Republicans never back down, and Mccarthy is sent packing, and am disappointed that Trump is backing Mccarthy, and has called some of these 20 Republicans scolding them to vote Mccarthy
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 02:56:37 AM »
Thanks for the correction, Dee, I was mistaken with Greene and Stefanik. ..Guess I "assumed" too much !
s
 I would not be surprised if they may soon come over to the Jordan side, if the vote goes on.  frankly, I am pleased to see congress working as it should have been doing for the last century.

LET'S GET BACK TO THE CONSTITUTION !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 03:01:38 AM »
Thanks for the correction, Dee, I was mistaken with Greene and Stefanik.

I would not be surprised if they may soon come over to the Jordan side, if the vote goes on.  frankly, I am pleased to see congress working as it should have been doing for the last century.

LET'S GET BACK TO THE CONSTITUTION !

Agreed. And Fox News needs to stop interviewing that moron Newt Gingrich, who himself was run out of congress.
He's talking incessantly about how embarrassing this is, which its not. Gingrich gave us NAFTA, and GAT which was a disaster for decades.
Folks like Gingrich are Washington insiders.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 05:00:57 AM »
As to Marjorie Taylor green, if one would remember, sometime back I brought to point that when she was railing about college tuition bailouts, she herself had gotten a PPP loan of $185,000 forgiven. Marjorie Taylor green is a hypocrite that talks loud and waves the American flag, but has fast become part of the establishment. One has to look before one supports.
That is precisely the same issues I have with the most recent media darling Tulsi Gabbard.

Its not about vendettas, its about realities.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 05:08:30 AM »
Kevin McCarthy feels so entitled that he has already moved into the Speaker’s office. That alone should ring some alarm bells. Enough entitlement, already.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2023, 06:18:52 AM »
Rep. Bob Good of Virginia

"No, I won't be voting for Kevin McCarthy tomorrow. He's part of the problem. He's not part of the solution," Good told Fox News on Monday:

"I will be following the will of my constituents, the voters from Virginia's Fifth District, who hundreds of which have told me over the past couple of years not just to support Kevin McCarthy.

"What I told them when I started my first term two years ago is, I would judge him by what he did as minority leader. And there's nothing he's done to earn my vote. There's nothing that indicates to me that he's going to change his pattern since he's been in leadership, where he's part of the swamp cartel.

"He's the reason, on the Republican side, why we passed massive omnibus spending bills like just got rammed down our throats by Republicans in the Senate. He was part of that in leadership.

“Since he's been in leadership over the past eight years, there's nothing about Kevin McCarthy that indicates that he will bring the change that's needed to Washington or that's needed to the Congress, or he will bring the fight -- fight against the Biden-Schumer agenda, and represent the interest of the voters who sent us to Washington to bring real change.”

Good said he and four other conservative Republicans will "block" Kevin until another candidate emerges:

"There will be, I suspect, 10 to 15 members who will vote against him on the first ballot tomorrow (Tuesday) that will vote for Andy Biggs.

"But then I think you will see, on the second ballot, an increasing number of members vote for a true candidate who can represent the conservative center of the conference, can motivate the base, inspire Republicans across the country, get...to 218 votes, bring our conference together to fight against the radical Democrat agenda, the most extreme agenda we have ever seen."

Host Griff Jenkins interrupted the congressman, noting that Biggs, an Arizona Republican, cannot win. "Give me a name," Jenkins told Good.

"Well, Griff, I'm going to resist for a few more hours what I have resisted for the last several weeks, because, as you know, if we were to put forth a name right now or over the last few weeks, that person would suffer all the attacks and retaliation and all the threats from--"

"So, you don't have a name," Jenkins interrupted.

"We absolutely -- Griff, you will see that name tomorrow on the second ballot," Good said.

Jenkins asked Good, "Will you accept responsibility for the damage that may do to Republicans as they try and begin a new chapter?"

"You know, it's funny, Griff," Good replied:

"Conservative pundits, conservative media has criticized Kevin McCarthy and the Republican leadership, Republican establishment all of these years, and yet they want us to now surrender to that and to vote for the status quo, to continue what we have always done, so we will get what we have always gotten.

"Some of us came to Congress to bring true transformational change to Congress, to Washington. We're willing to risk everything to save this country, to save the republic. We're teetering on the brink as a country, with an open border, with $32 trillion in national debt, a woke education system, a weakened military.

"And we know what we will get with Kevin McCarthy. So, we're going to block that. To suggest that, out of 222 members of Congress on the Republican side, there's only one person who can be the speaker just because he happens to be the current minority leader or is--" (another interruption from the host).

"Griff, we shouldn't be in a hurry to make a bad decision," Good eventually said:

"It's worth it to fight for a few hours or even a few days to get the best possible person for speaker, instead of just surrendering to the status quo, surrendering to the establishment.

"If you want earmarks continued, Kevin McCarthy is your speaker. If you want massive Democrat spending bills passed with the Republican majority, as happened the last time he was the majority leader, when we had control of Congress, Kevin McCarthy is your speaker. If you want to surrender the power of the purse and to not fight for true change, for true conservative principles, Kevin McCarthy would be your choice for speaker.

"But that's not what we're going to vote for tomorrow. And there's many Republicans within our conference who are privately acknowledging they know he doesn't have the votes.

"They know that he's not a trustworthy leader. They know he's not a real conservative. And they're ready to vote against him once we put forth a true challenge candidate on that second ballot."

Good for Good of Virginia.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2023, 09:43:10 AM »
“LET'S GET BACK TO THE CONSTITUTION !”

(Except for the parts Trump wants terminated)

Offline Dee

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 10:03:26 AM »

(Except for the parts Trump wants terminated)

With all the stupid stuff clankin around in you little punkin, does it help to write it down? :-\
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2023, 02:13:36 PM »
Well, so far Mccarthy has lost 6 voting rounds. You'd think the decent thing to do would be to step aside.
Agree Agree x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2023, 02:56:09 PM »
In Wisconsin, a federal court stopped Biden’s controversial $4 billion race-based federal relief program for farmers after finding that he was engaging in systemic racial discrimination. The court found that “the only consideration in determining whether a farmer or rancher’s loans should be completely forgiven is the person’s race or national origin.” As such, farmers were found to be “experiencing discrimination at the hands of their government.”

A court in Texas found that the Biden administration engaged in systemic discrimination to implement COVID-19 relief for American restaurants by giving preference to women, minorities and “socially and economically disadvantaged” people.

In Louisiana, a federal court enjoined the administration from carrying out its halting of gas and oil leases, finding that Biden’s unilateral action violated the separation of powers under the Constitution.

In Washington, D.C., a federal judge found that the Biden administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exceeded its authority by imposing a federal eviction moratorium to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. The court rejected the administration’s sweeping claims of pandemic authority, a view taken by other (but not all) courts in a dispute that could go to the Supreme Court.

This week, a federal judge in Florida ruled against the administration and held that the CDC cannot dictate rules for cruise ships. The court found the administration is again exceeding its constitutional authority.

These rulings against the Biden administration came in the same areas covered extensively by the media during the Trump administration, including findings of constitutional violations and discriminatory practices. When early rulings were issued against Trump, legal and media experts declared that a war on the rule of law existed, if not the onset of tyranny. However, the media has given light coverage to Biden’s legal losses.

One of the most remarkable court losses was delivered at the hands of the Supreme Court in the case of Terry v. United States. It involved a criminal defendant in a crack case who argued for a sentence reduction under the First Step Act. The Trump administration argued against the defendant’s claim — but this was one of many positions that the Biden administration changed before the court. The Biden administration informed the court that it not only would refuse to defend the judgment below — and defend the federal statute — but was “confessing error” in the case.

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2023, 03:28:48 PM »
In Wisconsin, a federal court stopped Biden’s controversial $4 billion race-based federal relief program for farmers after finding that he was engaging in systemic racial discrimination. The court found that “the only consideration in determining whether a farmer or rancher’s loans should be completely forgiven is the person’s race or national origin.” As such, farmers were found to be “experiencing discrimination at the hands of their government.”

A court in Texas found that the Biden administration engaged in systemic discrimination to implement COVID-19 relief for American restaurants by giving preference to women, minorities and “socially and economically disadvantaged” people.

In Louisiana, a federal court enjoined the administration from carrying out its halting of gas and oil leases, finding that Biden’s unilateral action violated the separation of powers under the Constitution.

In Washington, D.C., a federal judge found that the Biden administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exceeded its authority by imposing a federal eviction moratorium to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. The court rejected the administration’s sweeping claims of pandemic authority, a view taken by other (but not all) courts in a dispute that could go to the Supreme Court.

This week, a federal judge in Florida ruled against the administration and held that the CDC cannot dictate rules for cruise ships. The court found the administration is again exceeding its constitutional authority.

These rulings against the Biden administration came in the same areas covered extensively by the media during the Trump administration, including findings of constitutional violations and discriminatory practices. When early rulings were issued against Trump, legal and media experts declared that a war on the rule of law existed, if not the onset of tyranny. However, the media has given light coverage to Biden’s legal losses.

One of the most remarkable court losses was delivered at the hands of the Supreme Court in the case of Terry v. United States. It involved a criminal defendant in a crack case who argued for a sentence reduction under the First Step Act. The Trump administration argued against the defendant’s claim — but this was one of many positions that the Biden administration changed before the court. The Biden administration informed the court that it not only would refuse to defend the judgment below — and defend the federal statute — but was “confessing error” in the case.

And that has to do with what, concerning the Speaker of the House election? :-\
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2023, 04:07:04 PM »

One of the most remarkable court losses was delivered at the hands of the Supreme Court in the case of Terry v. United States. It involved a criminal defendant in a crack case who argued for a sentence reduction under the First Step Act. The Trump administration argued against the defendant’s claim — but this was one of many positions that the Biden administration changed before the court. The Biden administration informed the court that it not only would refuse to defend the judgment below — and defend the federal statute — but was “confessing error” in the case.

[/b]
Reply to his statement.

And that has to do with what, concerning the Speaker of the House election? :-\

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2023, 04:23:07 PM »
What the hell is wrong with Trump? He just voiced support of Kevin McCarthy. Is he trying to lose his voter base before he even runs? Pretty obvious McCarthy is part of the swamp. I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp. Not flood it. McCarthy is a damn Rino...He needs to go!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.