Author Topic: this speaker crap will kill us  (Read 3094 times)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: this speaker crap will kill us
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2023, 05:28:15 AM »
      House members only work 5 months out of the year . talk about wasting weeks playing games  and getting paid for nothing .

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2023, 05:51:21 AM »
well the border effects you more then me so if your willing to let the house waste weeks playing games that could be used to fix the problem then i guess i have no problem with it either. I believe mccarthy said the first thing hes going to do is address the border and energy independence. Its no doubt a biden issue but as long as the republicans are fighting over scraps a meat biden will feast.
Lloyd, voting in a RINO like Mccarthy IS NOTgonna slow the border jumpers down. Thats a Biden issue. What these brave 20 Representatives are trying to do, is actually change Congress for the better.

Not to argue Lloyd, but when is a good time to try and fix Congress?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2023, 06:09:17 AM »
A lotta folks are under the impression that congress writes, and passes laws, and that's the way it used to be. But in today's world Congress receives laws already written by lobbyists, and Congress then pass them off as their own and pass it in Congress to satisfy the lobbyists, and get a check. Lobbyists run Washington, and Kevin McCarthy is a prime example of doing lobbyist bidding.

These 20 Republicans are Patriots and should be regarded as such.
Agree Agree x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2023, 07:39:18 AM »
It's about time someone in DC grows a pair, and say's enough is enough. Not only is this the right time, its necessary if Congress is ever to be fixed. It's obvious to many that McCarthy isn't a Conservative, and Conservatism is what the Republican party once stood for. I'm extremely disappointed in Trump and Congressmen like Crenshaw supporting him.If nothing else, they should have kept their mouths shut. Crenshaw should be ashamed for calling dissenters of McCarthy.....Terrorists!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2023, 07:59:42 AM »
id say when we have a sitting republican president with his crap in one bundle like desantist for example and then we have real power. As it is we have the house and they have the senate and presidency and we are still in the minority. Lets get control of the government first and the only way we do that is to UNITED RIGHT NOW TODAY.  Pelosi learned that. She knew how to work the democrats and they had so much control they passed legislation that was outright loonicy. We are getting nowhere with this pissing match and jockying for power. Bottom line is last vote McCarthy flipped 14 of them. Its just a matter of time and we all know that. If im wrong you start a post and ill eat crow. What this mess accomplished was NOTHING. It was a waste of time. Maybe its only a couple days but then maybe that means the border gets closed 3 days sooner and how many illegals would that stop!! How many millions of dollars of that crazy democratic spending spree was spent in those 3 days? How many special interest deals like liberal arts are getting checks today off the back of you and me? Im not a Politial expert and dont play on on TV and honestly i would have rather hand jordan in there but truth be told as long as its a republican i could give a rats ass. What i want is a house that is working on the problems we are paying them to work on. Not free tv coverage for some republicans that want free campaign time. Bottom line is i think in the long run it pisses off the people they represent for the same reason i gave and if anything this schrade will thankfully end some careers of people more concerned with what committee position they get then they are with the work they are paid to do. Is mccarthy perfect F no. But you name me one Politian that is. If your waiting for perfect then good luck with that. What i can about guarantee is no matter who now gets the position this has weakened the republican party for at least the next 2 years. probably the most important 2 years in the history of this country. 
well the border effects you more then me so if your willing to let the house waste weeks playing games that could be used to fix the problem then i guess i have no problem with it either. I believe mccarthy said the first thing hes going to do is address the border and energy independence. Its no doubt a biden issue but as long as the republicans are fighting over scraps a meat biden will feast.
Lloyd, voting in a RINO like Mccarthy IS NOTgonna slow the border jumpers down. Thats a Biden issue. What these brave 20 Representatives are trying to do, is actually change Congress for the better.

Not to argue Lloyd, but when is a good time to try and fix Congress?
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2023, 08:18:21 AM »
i have to wonder if some of you are even watching this fiasco. I have been. Every time we dont get the numbers the democrats get another chance on tv to beat there chests claiming we are divided and weak and dont care about the people. That this is what to expect out of this republican house. Maybe you and i know better but election is less then two years away and every time they do that they probably flip a few more people to there side that are watching this side show. There saying how can we stand up to china and russia if we cant even agree who to put in the speakers chair.  Like i said before biden, shummer pelosi and the rest of them are probably rolling around on the floor. Talk about handing them votes. This could very well cost us the presidency in 2024. You want to take a wager. Ill bet a 100 bucks agaisnt your dime that it is one of the biggest campaigning point for the democtratic candidate. Even the house and senate are within single digits votes from being lost. American wanted restore order and stop the political manuvering and this just put it to another level. Im out of this one now. Like i said McCarthy will win. We all know that and that will just prove that this was BS that hurt us.
blue lives matter

Offline orerancher

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2023, 09:23:09 AM »
Some already have...

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2023, 09:37:14 AM »
The first two years of Trump's presidency, he had both the house and senate.  HOWEVER, neither Ryan in the house or McConnell in the senate passed any laws that Trump wanted, such as enough money to close the border, cut excessive and unnecessary spending to work towards a balanced budget.  He did get the tax cuts, but not term limits. 
Opelika Portal
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2023, 10:38:31 AM »
I have that pit in my stomach again.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2023, 11:33:57 AM »
First on the restaurant. I ate there only once and I think it was in '97, my food was excellent. All the waiters were really good looking women and all were armed. I do not know if the guns were loaded or unloaded, I didn't ask. They had a good assortment of Colt SAA, Ruger BH/SBH revolvers along with some 1911s and a smattering of plastic 9mms.

From that I'd conclude they owned the guns they were packing. How much they shot them I dunno. I did once see a segment on the restaurant on a shooting TV show and they claimed the gals could use those guns. I don't doubt it but don't know it.

As to Congress. Really based on the US Constitution they have one primary job to do and that is to pass a budget before end of October. They can't even do that and haven't in several years.

They do not need to pass a pile of new laws each year and really should not.

So being stalled and doing nothing is in reality the best thing for this country.

With the thin majority they have in the house and as many RINOs as there are in the party they are not gonna solve any issues, border related or not.

So to me the longer they are stalled and doing nothing the better. I hope they fail to elect a speaker during this entire congress which lasts two years. That's actually the best we could hope for for congress.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2023, 11:43:09 AM »
First on the restaurant. I ate there only once and I think it was in '97, my food was excellent. All the waiters were really good looking women and all were armed. I do not know if the guns were loaded or unloaded, I didn't ask. They had a good assortment of Colt SAA, Ruger BH/SBH revolvers along with some 1911s and a smattering of plastic 9mms.

From that I'd conclude they owned the guns they were packing. How much they shot them I dunno. I did once see a segment on the restaurant on a shooting TV show and they claimed the gals could use those guns. I don't doubt it but don't know it.

As to Congress. Really based on the US Constitution they have one primary job to do and that is to pass a budget before end of October. They can't even do that and haven't in several years.

They do not need to pass a pile of new laws each year and really should not.

So being stalled and doing nothing is in reality the best thing for this country.

With the thin majority they have in the house and as many RINOs as there are in the party they are not gonna solve any issues, border related or not.

So to me the longer they are stalled and doing nothing the better. I hope they fail to elect a speaker during this entire congress which lasts two years. That's actually the best we could hope for for congress.

Yep!
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2023, 11:54:03 AM »
  Thanks Bill..for a good dose of maturity..  I don't know how any random customer would know whether the arms belong to the ladies, or if they practice with them.  The video at least, seems to show the ladies shooting handguns,
   so unless I see something firm to contradict that video..I have to conclude the ladies are not lying..

As to congress... it is a great thing to see congress acting like it  should have been doing for the last 50 years....
   Airing their disagreements for the public to see... performing like a "deliberative body", just as they were designed to
    do, and acting as a constitutional body.

I would hope every American could see the value of this, as opposed to an elitist gang, hiding in a closed room
  somewhere...and slavishly submitting to whatever the big Cahuna tells them they must do !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2023, 12:43:46 PM »
Republican holdouts against Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., as House speaker began flipping to his camp in voting Friday as the result of the framework for a deal congressional sources close to the negotiations outlined to Newsmax congressional correspondent Kilmeny Duchardt.

The new agreement among House Republicans appeared to have broken the logjam in the brutal battle for speaker as 15 of the 20 holdouts have flipped. Voting just fell short in the 13th round. (A 14th vote is pending, and the House has adjourned until 10 p.m. Newsmax reports that Republicans believe they have the votes for McCarthy.)

The final tally in the 13th round left McCarthy tantalizing close to a majority with 214 votes. With a full House present, he would need 218 votes to win, but there were absences early Friday, starting at noon ET.

With the 432 present for the latest round, the magic number appeared to be 217.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., got 212 votes, while Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, got six votes.

It was not clear the deal would fully coalesce Friday or whether it would push McCarthy over the threshold of votes he needed for a House majority.

There were three members who did not vote in the 12th round earlier Friday:

Rep. David Trone, D-Md. — medical reasons, but he returned for the 13th round.

Rep.-elect Wesley Hunt, R-Texas – family reasons, but House GOP leadership expects him to return Friday night.

Rep Ken Buck, R-Colo. – He missed the noon vote, but he, too, will be back Friday night.

Both Hunt and Buck have voted for McCarthy in past rounds.

The 14 Republicans who flipped on the 12th round from holding out to vote for McCarthy: Dan Bishop, R-N.C.; Josh Brecheen, R-Okla.; Mike Cloud, R-Texas; Andrew Clyde, R-Ga.; Byron Donalds, R-Fla.; Paul Gosar, R-Ariz.; Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla.; Mary Miller, R-Ill., Ralph Norman, R-S.C.; Andy Ogles, R-Tenn.; Scott Perry, R-Pa.; Chip Roy, R-Texas, Keith Self, R-Texas; Victoria Spartz, R-Ind.

Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., flipped from holding out to voting for McCarthy in the 13th round.

"What we've agreed to in framework, will have to have in accountability," Roy told Newsmax. "We need to be able to continue to trust that we're going to be able to execute what we agreed to in framework."

Perry added, "If the framework blows up, I'm out."

Luna said: "We're doing this because we genuinely understand the offer on the table. ... It will be transformational and it will outlast every person in this room."

Key concessions in the framework for an agreement, sources said, include changing the motion to vacate the speakership from five votes to one.

Other key components include, according to Newsmax congressional correspondent Duchardt:

No promise of chairs or gavels to anyone.

Bills will go back through regular order.

Appointing a select committee by the speaker but housed under the judiciary to investigate the FBI and Department of Justice.

Bringing a congressional term-limits bill to the floor
for a vote.

Ending the COVID-19 public health emergency.

Introduction of a fair-tax bill.

Introduction of a border bill.

The sources said further concessions are unlikely, describing the latest offer as great for the holdouts and the American people.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2023, 01:12:20 PM »
If McCarthy actually sticks to what Goetz and the others proposed, investigate the DOJ and FBI. Border security and Fauchi/China connection, yes. BUT, knowing McCarthy's past, will he, or bend to the lib's and pass.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2023, 12:32:02 AM »
yes it is and like i said he won and was always going to. It was just a matter of a few idiots wanting there 10 minutes of fame and some free campaigning. It didnt do one positive thing for the republican party. Matter of fact it caused friction in the party that wont be forgotten soon. Talk about the swamp. THAT IS THE SWAMP. It just gave pelosi a last big win and the democrats something other then jan 6 to use come campaign time. As to some pole saying repulicans didnt want him ill say this. About 200 of those people voting for mccarthy were elected to represent the wishes of the people who voted them in. So its pretty apparent to me that it is the wish of the republican party. 20 or so who pulled this stunt CLAIMED they did it because there constitutes wanted it. But had no proof and for most of it didnt even have an alternate candidate. 20 that were just looking to get attention and cut deals. TALK ABOUT DRAINING THE SWAMP!! I hope there voters send them packing next election because they surely were thinking more about themselves and what they could gain then the republican party or us!
blue lives matter

Online DDZ

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2023, 12:42:02 AM »
Again it wasn't going to matter which republican ended up being the speaker. They are not going to do, or accomplish anything. The republican party has been bending over and folding like cheap suits to the leftist ideology for a good number of years. They only thing they do is spend money we don't have, and they can spend money with the best the Marxist party has to offer.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2023, 01:46:51 AM »
WHY WOULD A CAREER POLITICIAN (MCCARTHY) PUT HIMSELF THROUGH 15 VOTING PROCEEDURES TO BE "SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE"?

FOR THE SAME REASONS THERE WILL NEVER BE TERM LIMITS.

..........POWER!.........
Agree Agree x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2023, 02:01:11 AM »
if thats what you really do believe then we might as well hand the keys to the country to the democrats and let them do as they please. ME? I believe we still have a fighting chance.
Again it wasn't going to matter which republican ended up being the speaker. They are not going to do, or accomplish anything. The republican party has been bending over and folding like cheap suits to the leftist ideology for a good number of years. They only thing they do is spend money we don't have, and they can spend money with the best the Marxist party has to offer.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2023, 02:06:23 AM »
There were 20 patriotic Representatives that held out much longer than I figured they would. They held out for concessions that were made in the "usual back room deals".

I'm hopeful, but doubtful.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2023, 02:09:16 AM »
Cant argue that. But i will say im much happier with that POWER in Mccarthys hands then in the hands of pelosi. Sad thing is that like some here that think its hopeless many last election didnt bother to vote and thats exactly why we dont have the senate. Fact is mccarty stuck with it after 15 votes because 95 percent of the republicans wanted him and if they put someone else up they would have still placed there votes for mccarthy. There was no other candidate. Even your texas republicans were behind him. I would guess the ones you voted to represent you.   
WHY WOULD A CAREER POLITICIAN (MCCARTHY) PUT HIMSELF THROUGH 15 VOTING PROCEEDURES TO BE "SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE"?

blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2023, 02:12:46 AM »
they blackmailed the republican party in back room deals to gain more power for themselves plain and simple. Not for us. You tell me what we gained from this cluster F. tell me what will change for the better. Tell me how it will help with the real issues they were elected and paid to fix. Im out of this now. It went down just like i said it would and was a total waste of time and money.
There were 20 patriotic Representatives that held out much longer than I figured they would. They held out for concessions that were made in the "usual back room deals".

I'm hopeful, but doubtful.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2023, 02:38:53 AM »
Cant argue that. But i will say im much happier with that POWER in Mccarthys hands then in the hands of pelosi. Sad thing is that like some here that think its hopeless many last election didnt bother to vote and thats exactly why we dont have the senate. Fact is mccarty stuck with it after 15 votes because 95 percent of the republicans wanted him and if they put someone else up they would have still placed there votes for mccarthy. There was no other candidate. Even your texas republicans were behind him. I would guess the ones you voted to represent you.   

Well, then your like most folks, your happy with "the lessor of two evils", cause thats what you got. I personally was hoping that all 20 would hold against the pressure, but my gut told me not to count on it.
Maybe there was sumthin accomplished, only time will tell, but the 20 who stood up for the constitution for that few days was good to see.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2023, 03:33:58 AM »
..All settled in less than a week, the conservatives have gained some concessions by doing it the "old fashioned" way",
    ....  by consultation and deliberation ...just as the constitutionm says it should be done.

To see the Demonrats ridicule the Repugnicans for doing it that way, rather than like they, simply following the dictates of the power brokers,.... shows us just where they are at..

Yes, some can grumble and say... "well, McCarthy may break his promises anyway".  Sure..he can try, but if ALL the
   Repugnicans had sat around with their fingers tucked up in a smelly place ...they wouldn't even have any promises,
  and it would just be, "back to business as usual"...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2023, 03:40:07 AM »
BTW...by calling these constitutional conservatives "terrorists", Rep Crenshaw is beginning to look like something that stuck to the fingers of the swampsters, as they pulled them from that dark, smelly place...

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2023, 04:42:15 AM »
I’m glad it’s over, and I applaud the 20 holdouts for sticking to their guns. Some eventually caved, sure, but they started strong, and a few stayed to the bitter end. Now it remains to be seen if McCarthy will honor th concessions he made. Time will tell.

Online DDZ

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2023, 04:47:19 AM »
if thats what you really do believe then we might as well hand the keys to the country to the democrats and let them do as they please. ME? I believe we still have a fighting chance.

I believe the keys have been handed over years ago when people found out they could vote themselves goodies from the public trough.  What is the fighting chance we have? Its kind of been shown and proven that voting doesn't work anymore because of fraud, that yes the Republican party let happen, and is still letting happen. After the election was stolen from Trump the congress in the main cheating states could have done something about voter fraud, but they did nothing. Its why the GOP didn't win the senate.
  Out of 222 republican congressmen, only 20 voted against the Rhino for speaker. As I said. While America was sleeping the keys have been handed over long ago. Unless America takes up arms there is no more chance. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2023, 07:12:20 AM »

I believe the keys have been handed over years ago when people found out they could vote themselves goodies from the public trough.  What is the fighting chance we have? Its kind of been shown and proven that voting doesn't work anymore because of fraud, that yes the Republican party let happen, and is still letting happen. After the election was stolen from Trump the congress in the main cheating states could have done something about voter fraud, but they did nothing. Its why the GOP didn't win the senate.
  Out of 222 republican congressmen, only 20 voted against the Rhino for speaker. As I said. While America was sleeping the keys have been handed over long ago. Unless America takes up arms there is no more chance.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2023, 07:27:04 AM »
“ Unless America takes up arms there is no more chance. ”

Let’s go! I’m ready!

Offline magooch

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2023, 07:34:39 AM »
In the world we now live in, a person all too often has to accept and live with what isn't as bad as it might have been.  Nancy Pilousy is no longer Speaker.  That is a good thing.  Whether, or not the new Speaker is an improvement, we won't know for a while, but how could it be any worse.
Swingem

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2023, 07:44:40 AM »
“ Unless America takes up arms there is no more chance. ”

Let’s go! I’m ready!

Is that a self portrait, Flounder?