Author Topic: country singers who need a different country  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: country singers who need a different country
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 02:00:00 AM »
https://freedomslodge.com/19-country-stars-who-need-to-find-a-new-country/

Thanks for the "heads up' !
     If I were one who ever patronized any of their shows, or had anything to do with anything they have to sell..I would
     personally boycott them right now!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 02:22:19 AM »
I was a little surprised by your list Lloyd, and a little suspicious since it included Reba McEntire who grew up just across the river from my old stompin grounds, and whom also is a gun owner. I checked it out, and your list is accurate although singers like Reba are more specific in saying "ASSAULT RIFLES".

GUN CONTROL,  IS GUN CONTROL, AND SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES OR EVEN FULL AUTOMATIC RIFLES AREN'T ASSAULT RIFLES.

Here's more about these "country elites"

https://www.wideopencountry.com/country-singers-gun-control/
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 04:01:16 AM »
Hmm. I don't even recognize a lot of the names listed and certainly can't boycott any of them, never having purchased anything to do with "country music" in my life.  Guess I need to amen that. I once attended a concert where Johnny Cash was the lead in to The Maddox Brothers and Rose. How many of you are old enough to remember them? I was in high school at the time and, yes, there was a lot of smoke at the concert but it was ordinary tobacco smoke. It was the first concert ever in my area. Rock was in it's infancy at the time.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 07:04:37 AM »
The only ones on that list that remotely resemble country music singers is, R. Cash, Reba M. and Dirks B. And those three are not good examples. Reba being a possible! I quit Reba after she quit the people who helped her get started in her career.

I like , what I consider good music. The personal life of the artist isn't really important unless they are a political activist, that threatens what the founders laid out for us in the Constitution. Willy Nelson is a flaming Liberal, but I sure do like most of his music.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 07:37:52 AM »
Merle Haggard, George Strait, Alan Jackson, thats country.  But there is a new guy named Cody Johnson. Former bull rider, check him out.

I like Miranda Lambert, and a new gal Lainey Wilson on the female side.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 09:09:08 AM »
  For ANYONE who says they only thing they want banned are "assault rifles".

Keep firmly in mind, the 2nd amendment DOES NOT say that !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 06:22:00 PM »
Merle Haggard, George Strait, Alan Jackson, thats country.  But there is a new guy named Cody Johnson. Former bull rider, check him out.

Cody is a keeper for sure. Check out Cody and Willie doing an old Willie tune.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9TGi_wM68o

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 12:11:52 AM »
george straight and pattys kline. Two best male and female voices EVER in country music.

blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 12:18:10 AM »
what they all want is the second amendment to go away and elitists like them and hollywood liberals and polititians to have the say in who can own a gun and what type they can have. All while they run around with armed body guards. Used to be country was separate from the liberal hippys in rock but now its all the same. What is country today used to be rock and crap theres even rap mixed in with country. Along with that they are poisoned with the same liberal mindset. They like the democrats in dc think there better and more important then us middle class americans. Personaly i would pay ten cents to watch any of them if they were playing a mile down the road. Well maybe george straight but theres not much chance of that. I think he got fed up with the politics himself. 
  For ANYONE who says they only thing they want banned are "assault rifles".

Keep firmly in mind, the 2nd amendment DOES NOT say that !
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 11:14:22 AM »
I don't listen to music anymore and haven't in a very long time. I don't guess I've ever turned on the radio in my truck and I've had it a bit over 6 years. But it's been far longer than that, over 20 years I guess since I listed to music.

When I did Johnny Horton, Marty Robbins and John Denver were my favorites to listen to.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 12:45:16 AM »
no your old. When i first was an apprentice lineman my lead man whos truck i was in had 4 cassette tapes that he played over and over and they were Johnn horton. If i never here north to alaska again it wont break my heart. I think i heard it every day for four years.
I don't listen to music anymore and haven't in a very long time. I don't guess I've ever turned on the radio in my truck and I've had it a bit over 6 years. But it's been far longer than that, over 20 years I guess since I listed to music.

When I did Johnny Horton, Marty Robbins and John Denver were my favorites to listen to.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 02:08:09 AM »
From nw-hunter;

" Willy Nelson is a flaming Liberal, but I sure do like most of his music."
[/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flaming liberal ?  How is it so many conservatives pay him any heed?  Does that mean he is a full-blown, anti second amendment soldier?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023, 03:24:18 AM »
Nelson is a stoner hippy. No different the Lynard Skinner. Vansant, that is suppose to be the voice of the south, is as liberal as jane fonda. Same with the eagles and creedence. VERY FEW rock stars are actually conservative. Only one i know is kid rock and ted nuggent. Theres surely more in country but id bet more then 50 percent of the ones selling new records today are liberals. This isnt the 60s when there was a line drawn in the sand between country and rock. Most of it is near the same. Raise your hand if youve hear rap music mixed with country?? That my friend is NOT country music. 
From nw-hunter;

Flaming liberal ?  How is it so many conservatives pay him any heed?  Does that mean he is a full-blown, anti second amendment soldier?
[/quote]
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023, 03:40:53 AM »
Nelson is a stoner hippy. No different the Lynard Skinner. Vansant, that is suppose to be the voice of the south, is as liberal as jane fonda. Same with the eagles and creedence. VERY FEW rock stars are actually conservative. Only one i know is kid rock and ted nuggent. Theres surely more in country but id bet more then 50 percent of the ones selling new records today are liberals. This isnt the 60s when there was a line drawn in the sand between country and rock. Most of it is near the same. Raise your hand if youve hear rap music mixed with country?? That my friend is NOT country music. 
From nw-hunter;

[/quote]

Willie has said in interviews that he is for folks owning gun for hunting, but AR15S are for the military, and civilians don't have any business possessing such guns.

Willie is a smoked out, pot head hippie.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2023, 05:14:13 AM »
yes sir he sure is. Just another overblown ego that thinks his opinion counted more then everyone else on politics. His music is ok but i sure wouldnt pay to listen to it. But then anymore i wouldnt pay ten cents to listen to any singers music. To me there like pro athletes. Make millions to play a game or play a (censored word) guitar.
From nw-hunter;

Willie has said in interviews that he is for folks owning gun for hunting, but AR15S are for the military, and civilians don't have any business possessing such guns.

Willie is a smoked out, pot head hippie.
[/quote]
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 05:39:08 AM »
" Willie has said in interviews that he is for folks owning gun for hunting, but AR15S are for the military, and civilians don't have any business possessing such guns."

Correction Willie...  M16s and M4s are made for the military...AR15s are made for civilians..

Despite his Texas roots...Willie doesn't seem to realize how well an AR15 works with herds of hogs and packs of coyotes...

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2023, 10:59:50 PM »
only thing willies versed in how it works is his guitar and a bong
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 01:33:32 AM »
Being a pot head and being proud of it, should tell anybody all they need to know about Willie Nelson.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 04:04:38 AM »
Here is Willie being run down and just a few years ago I was jumped on on this very forum for calling him a pot head, liberal, an pretty well useless type of person. Times are changing

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 07:51:23 AM »
sure as crap wasnt by me. I never liked the guy.
Here is Willie being run down and just a few years ago I was jumped on on this very forum for calling him a pot head, liberal, an pretty well useless type of person. Times are changing
blue lives matter

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2023, 04:32:19 PM »
“only thing willies versed in how it works is his guitar and a bong”

He’s not even much on playing guitar, so that pretty much means the bong.

Watched him playing (trying) with Neil Young one time. He was lost as a fart in a whirlwind. Totally in the wrong key, looked scared to death.

Online Casull

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2023, 08:11:49 AM »

Watched him playing (trying) with Neil Young one time. He was lost as a fart in a whirlwind. Totally in the wrong key, looked scared to death.

Well, they'd be a good team then.  Willie can't play and Neil can't sing.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 04:09:20 PM »

LOL! Willie is still making music at 88 yrs old, Has 25 #1 hits, and worth about 30 million from his music. Even after Uncle Sam at one time took everything he had for income tax evasion. Is he a guitar player? Yep he is. Even his guitar is more famous than most Geetar pickers. And on top of all that, he is one of the best song writers to ever pen a tune.

Offline Dee

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 04:12:42 PM »

LOL! Willie is still making music at 88 yrs old, Has 25 #1 hits, and worth about 30 million from his music. Even after Uncle Sam at one time took everything he had for income tax evasion. Is he a guitar player? Yep he is. Even his guitar is more famous than most Geetar pickers. And on top of all that, he is one of the best song writers to ever pen a tune.

All true. But he's is still "a pothead liberal".

Online Casull

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2023, 04:37:11 PM »
Well, he can sing.  Don't know about his guitar skills.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2023, 04:49:24 PM »

Willie (to me) is a typical "artist". Articulate, quirky, and egotistical. He doesn't really know, or care, about world politics, or unimportant things such as "THE CONSTITUTION,  OR THE BILL OF RIGHTS"[/b].

He just wants the personal attention, and to be lauded for his "talent".

My personal view is, a little of Willie goes a long way.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2023, 10:53:21 PM »
that describes about 90 percent of all entertainers be they musicians or actors.

Willie (to me) is a typical "artist". Articulate, quirky, and egotistical. He doesn't really know, or care, about world politics, or unimportant things such as "THE CONSTITUTION,  OR THE BILL OF RIGHTS"[/b].

He just wants the personal attention, and to be lauded for his "talent".

My personal view is, a little of Willie goes a long way.
blue lives matter

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2023, 03:28:47 AM »
I was a little surprised by your list Lloyd, and a little suspicious since it included Reba McEntire who grew up just across the river from my old stompin grounds, and whom also is a gun owner. I checked it out, and your list is accurate although singers like Reba are more specific in saying "ASSAULT RIFLES".
  I remember waay back when she was railing about handguns, she was giving a FREE concert ticket to anyone who would turn in a handgun to the police!

SO, a local gun store owner was giving a big discount on a new gun purchase IF they brought one of her albums in and smashed it with a hammer he had there.

There was a BIG pile of smashed albums next to his gun counter!  lol

DM

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2023, 04:23:02 AM »
“My personal view is, a little of Willie goes a long way.”

My personal view is that ‘a little willie’ is what he is. 🥱