Author Topic: Shut down the BATF !!  (Read 403 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Shut down the BATF !!
« on: January 18, 2023, 03:43:05 PM »
Rep. Matt Gaetz put a bill up, to shut down the BATF. Don't think it will happen, but it should. A federal agency that is way over bloated, to much power and inefficient. Any kind of back ground checks, regulation, should be at the state or local level. Billions of dollars to a federal agency, that could be done on the local level with sheriff depts., or police much more efficiently.  They know the community's and neighborhoods they work in. The tax dollars sent to DC could hire local people to do the job.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Online DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Shut down the BATF !!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 04:02:09 PM »
All the BATF does is prey on law abiding citizens.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 3 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 12:42:39 AM »
 the batf is suppose to inforce law not interpet it or make up new laws all on its own. Bottom line is the whole batf is a farce what it is is a tax collection agency. Alcohol TAX tobacco TAX and gun Tax. Of course there going to want to push some unconstitutional ruling that allows them to collect more tax money. You know i should say this but if it was a matter of paying my 200 dollars a piece or being grandfathered in and there was a simple forum to fill out there wouldnt be the uproar there is. But if you take the time to look at the REDICULOUS paper work maze you have to go through or having to set up a trust to buy them youd see for yourself how ridiculous this all is. I can buy a glock here in michigan (and its one of the more strict states) buy filling out the batf purchase forum and a registration card for the police. Why should a short barreled rifle or silencer be any different. If they think a can needs more regulation, then a glock then lets line up 25 yards apart and ill take one of my glocks with one round in it and ill give them 5 suppressors and we will see how ridiculous calling a silencer something dangerous that needs regulation really is. This is a to edged sword. Biden can go on tv and claim a big victory by saying he took these dangerous things (a piece of flipping plastic) off the streets and the batf can make more money to pay for all the new irs agents that biden wants to hire. Matt Gaetz will play hell shutting down the batf. But its time we look at all our federal agencys. The batf, cia, fbi, irs and a few more and rein in there out of control power.
blue lives matter

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 05:43:42 AM »
BTW, The NRA was on board with 1968 firearm act.  I think the Batf was orig.a part of the IRS division, and became an independent entity in 1972.

Matt Gaetz is only grandstanding! He knows this a waste of time. So why bother? Same old BS we have been fed by the right wing of the vulture for a long, long time. If they were serious, we would see action instead of babbling.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Creative Creative x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 06:32:05 AM »
BTW, The NRA was on board with 1968 firearm act.  I think the Batf was orig.a part of the IRS division, and became an independent entity in 1972.

Matt Gaetz is only grandstanding! He knows this a waste of time. So why bother? Same old BS we have been fed by the right wing of the vulture for a long, long time. If they were serious, we would see action instead of babbling.

Sadly, I believe NRA may have went along with the screamers (a mistake), thinking those restrictions would end any push to disarm Americans.  Prior to the assassination of JFK, there was little discussion concerning "gun control".. and I suppose they figured things would go on as before.

Let's face it..Pres Trump made the same mistake...trusting people who were in no way, trustworthy..

Sadly, honest people are easier to deceive than are natural crooks!  It seems many people "project", and somehow assume most people are more honest than they are.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 11:39:09 PM »
even if you dont care about pistol braces you need to watch this one  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggOmUXxVWY
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 12:11:45 AM »
heres another catch 22 that i thought of

technically you would not only have to remove that buffer and install one that wouldnt take a brace of any kind (which doesnt exist) and you also would not be allowed to possess and buffer that could because that would imply intent. So you couldnt even have an extra buffer tube in the parts box. You also couldnt have a brace in the house even if it was used as a stock on a 16 inch rifle because again intent. You might decide to use it again on the ar pistol that doesnt have one. So if you own one ar pistol that you somehow made legal you could never again build an ar because the minute that buffer tube hits your house your committing a federal crime. Remember, they are not saying you cant shoot them with a brace they are saying your breaking the federal law by even possessing them. Same deal was with the bump stocks. It not only wasnt legal to use them but illegal to even own them. If you had one in your closet that was intent.
blue lives matter

Online GTS225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 01:13:11 AM »
It not only wasnt legal to use them but illegal to even own them. If you had one in your closet that was intent.
(Abbreviated your post....a lot.)

This kind of mentality needs to be shut down soon.  How long before some government lawyer/stooge thinks, "If they have a gun in thier closet, there must be intent to shoot someone"?  And argue that successfully in court?

Roger
Agree Agree x 1 View List