Author Topic: Chinese High Altitude Spy Ballons?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Re: Chinese High Altitude Spy Ballons?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2023, 01:52:38 AM »
Another county heard from:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/06/us/politics/china-spy-balloon-trump-administration.html

Little Jimmy at 20: “why did you pull me over, Officer, other people were speeding too.”

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2023, 01:56:24 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/06/us/politics/china-spy-balloon-trump-administration.html

Sorry, I don't read the NY Times.

One reason, they insist I subscribe before I can read it.

The second reason should be obvious, I don't believe much of what they say.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2023, 03:44:23 AM »

One reason, they insist I subscribe before I can read it.

Same here! I see many so called news channels are requiring you to subscribe before you can read an entire article. I just go somewhere else to find the article. I'm about ready to leave Fox online because of so many commercials causing delays and freeze-ups on my pc. Newsmax is nearly as bad. I use CNS, and The New American online publication especially for political news.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2023, 04:08:18 AM »
Retired general Blair Holt, this morning;

Thanked Jeane-Pierre this morning for possibly exposing a situation worth investigating.  We can fairly rest assured that were Pres Trump aware of Chinese balloons crossing our country..he would have shot them down.

Pompeo and other top officials in the Trump admin, says there were no such balloons.

So, if as the usual liars are saying, that balloons crossed during the Trump administration...then who in our
  defense or intelligence, dropped the ball?  Who should be brought up before congress to testify as to why the
  president was not informed?

Personally, I think the Dems are lying as usual !  Think! Who first reported the invasion of our skies by "Biden balloons"..  IT WAS THE PUBLIC...who first cited the balloons..  If such balloons had crossed during the Trump admin,
 why then were there no sightings by the public?

There is a humorous side too!  Joe saying there were balloons flying over when Trump was in office.. is akin tom little Jimmy, when caught robbing the cookie jar...claims.."well Billy robbed some too"!

Sorry Jimmy, that doesn't make your offense any better..

Breitbart 

Report: Biden Administration Tried to Hide Chinese Spy Balloon from American Public

QUOTE:  The Biden administration was aware of the Chinese spy balloon entering United States airspace on January 28 but tried to hide its existence from the American people until being forced to go public, according to a report on Saturday.

Bloomberg News reported that the Biden administration was “well aware” that the balloon had entered U.S. airspace on Saturday, January 28, but decided to keep quiet about it so as not to ruin a planned trip by Secretary of State Antony Blinken to China.

As it turns out, US authorities were well aware of the unidentified object that had entered American airspace on Jan. 28, that had then left and re-entered over North Idaho on Tuesday. But with such a high-profile trip at stake, keeping it on the down-low was key.

However, on Wednesday, February 1, a Billings, Montana, resident spotted the balloon around 5:30 p.m. local time, and the next day, a local Montana paper published a report about it. Later that day, late Thursday afternoon, the Pentagon finally confirmed the existence of the balloon.

Officials who spoke to Bloomberg News claimed by that time it “became visible in Montana,” President Joe Biden had already been briefed on the balloon and the White House was “scrambling to decide whether to blast it from the sky” — despite five days of monitoring it.

House Armed Services Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-AL) said in a statement on Saturday:

“Now, the White House must provide answers about why they decided to allow a CCP spy balloon to cross the United States and what damage to our national security occurred from this decision. The United States must project strength to deter China — this failure is another example of weakness by the Biden administration.”

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2023, 06:25:10 AM »
They know it lifted off from central China and the path it took. Everything else is lies. Here is Clayton Morris on the CCP balloon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoW-cyJdQZo&t=929s
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2023, 07:16:18 AM »
Anyone have NORAD’s number?
I spotted a spy balloon this morning.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2023, 08:13:37 AM »
That’s the Moon. Even on a sunny day, if things are right it happens.

Space.com
We sometimes see the moon during the day for the same reason we see it at night — it is reflecting light from the sun — and its closeness to Earth makes it brighter than the daytime or nighttime sky. After the sun, the moon is by far the brightest celestial object we can see.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2023, 08:53:08 AM »
No that is where the Red Chinese will be building a missile site in the next decade or so. :-*

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2023, 08:59:16 AM »
Ah, fifteen years ago, the Barnes and Nobles book store used to have available, print copies, newspapers from several U.S. large cities and at least one foreign one.

I subscribed to New York Times , on a trial basis, the Wall Street Journal and International Business Times.
The latter two for several years, when I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

B&N no longer carries any print newspapers period.
Kinda sad really but with the extreme bias now being printed absolutely no loss.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2023, 09:48:01 AM »
All the news that fits we print.

I don’t believe any of them 100%. Read a lot, even sources you mistrust. Bits and pieces add up.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2023, 10:10:12 AM »
No that is where the Red Chinese will be building a missile site in the next decade or so. :-*
One plan is to build mass drivers and catapult missiles. Interestingly enough, missiles would be unnecessary. A mass driver could throw boulders which would have the destructive power of nukes by the time they impacted Earth. Robert Heinlein described this in “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/buried-nuclear-missile-silo-montana/

Anyone else near Winifred, Montana?

Offline phalanx

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »
One plan is to build mass drivers and catapult missiles. Interestingly enough, missiles would be unnecessary. A mass driver could throw boulders which would have the destructive power of nukes by the time they impacted Earth. Robert Heinlein described this in “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/17/buried-nuclear-missile-silo-montana/

Anyone else near Winifred, Montana?

Position a planned trajectory entry of a very large meteor into our atmosphere and over a ground target, like a big area or a big city. Radiation levels might be acceptable, but not the destruction. People are ignoring the possibility’s of space warfare . I don't think our enemy’s are.
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2023, 12:12:32 PM »
The U.S. stopped working on satellite interceptors sixty years ago, the Russians to a degree, BUT, especially the Chinese did not.
The Chicoms are putting a lot of effort into it now.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2023, 12:58:47 PM »
Still ,China invaded our Air Space !! Let anyone else try that with them.  >:(
Constantine III

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2023, 01:29:29 PM »
This Chinese balloon was 200' tall.  It could have dropped Fentanyl, a virus, a small missile.  I think it was a trial run to see if we would spot it and or to see what they can get a way with.  It could have exploded an EMP bomb to knock power out over a large area.  Any number of things. 

It should have been shot down before it reached Alaska.  Japan should have detected it. 

Now we should be watching for balloons coming from China. 

A balloon could take very good pictures.  Possibly better than satellites, at least Chinese satellites.  A low earth orbit satellite travels at 17,000 mph and would require a high speed camera with a small telescope to take good pictures.  A geostationary satellite is about 22,000 miles above the earth, thus needing a telescope with it to take pictures.   The ballon was a lot cheaper and could possibly get just as good or better results. 
Opelika Portal

Offline phalanx

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2023, 01:31:33 PM »
The U.S. stopped working on satellite interceptors sixty years ago, the Russians to a degree, BUT, especially the Chinese did not.
The Chicoms are putting a lot of effort into it now.

China even has its own Space Station. Armed i bet.
Constantine III

Online magooch

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2023, 05:44:56 PM »
My guess is that it is folly to believe that China has nothing better than balloons to check on things over here.  I'm sure that Branden would send them specifications on anything they want for the right price. Also, anyone who thinks we don't stray over other countries borders just hasn't paid attention.  I was stationed on a base that had super-secret stuff that is still unrevealed to the public.  The Russians used to fly by at supersonic speeds--probably hoping to take pictures.  What a wasted effort.  They could have driven right by the flight line anytime they wanted to.  It wouldn't have done any good, because what they were trying to get a look at, never came out in daylight, nor moon light and all the flight line lights were shut down.  All we ever saw was afterburners.

The thought that we would not have an action to retaliate a thousand times over for what the Chinese might do with any type of destructive device is hard to imagine, but then there is Branden.
Swingem

Offline darkgael

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2023, 10:59:55 PM »
With Trump it would be outside the 12 mile limit BEFORE arriving over the US !  ...DUH !
Maybe so. Would that be a violation of international law?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2023, 01:28:34 AM »

The leftist/woke delusionals can't tell a lie from truth, a man from a woman, or in this case, the moon from a balloon..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2023, 01:35:01 AM »
Yep, I mentioned this before....a civilian started asking questions.

So how did they know it was Chinese; and not Indian, or Korean, or Japanese,  or Russian,  etc.

Did it have PRC logo on it...?   :(

Back to basics...  It doesn't matter whose balloon it was.  If it is flying over our sovereign territory, down it goes
   unless we were contacted and permission was given.

What's cooking TM?  You seem lately, to be defending some of the CCP's agressive actions.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2023, 01:38:08 AM »

The leftist/woke delusionals can't tell a lie from truth, a man from a woman, or in this case, the moon from a balloon..

He enjoys pushing buttons, and getting reactions. So he does.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2023, 01:58:05 AM »

...And he/she is looking more ridiculous with every time he/she tries to deflect attention from leftist stupidity, by offering some wry humor or leftist "twit talk"..

Online Casull

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2023, 08:44:57 AM »

What else is he going to do, when he's trying to defend the indefensisble?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2023, 09:40:46 AM »

Little Jimmy at 20: “why did you pull me over, Officer, other people were speeding too.”

And the officer replied “ it’s like duck hunting, ya pick one out at a time, because ya can’t get em all “

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2023, 03:38:33 AM »
The balloon was first spotted by someone on the ground in Montana, and reported it.  60,000' is fairly high, but it carried a payload the size of a school bus the media said.  All kinds of cameras, solar panels for power, etc.  Cheaper than launching a satellite.  Satellites are traveling at 17,000 mph so they have to use high speed cameras.  The balloon could use off the shelf cameras and magnifying lenses. 
Opelika Portal

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2023, 07:29:41 AM »
Harder for NORAD to pick up a balloon, especially if it is synthetic cloth and not metal.  Same with the framing of he payload.  It could have been some type of composite.  Very little stuff on it that might be metal to reflect on radar.   Most of NORAD's radar is now space based to pick up rocket or missle launches that go partly into space.  However, this doesn't bode well for newer radar resistant planes that are shaped to deflect radar waves, or even hypersonic missiles.  NORAD needs upgrading. 
Opelika Portal

Offline phalanx

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2023, 07:44:47 AM »
The Forth one now. Over Lake Huron. What the X is China doing? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYStxYcWjo
Constantine III

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2023, 08:07:54 AM »
Just read that the US is using $479,000 missiles to shoot down these balloons.  Big plastic bag of hydrogen, off the shelf cameras, radio to transmit the pictures and a little framing.  Hmm.  The big balloons with all the attachments is probably less than $10,000. 

The SR-71's were the only plane that could fly that high.  They need to get them out of mothballs, and equip them with plain old machine gun.  They could fly high, and drop down their speed to below sonic and shoot them down with a few bullets, then get their engines throttled back up to finish out their flight. 
Opelika Portal

Offline phalanx

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2023, 08:32:56 AM »
Just read that the US is using $479,000 missiles to shoot down these balloons.  Big plastic bag of hydrogen, off the shelf cameras, radio to transmit the pictures and a little framing.  Hmm.  The big balloons with all the attachments is probably less than $10,000. 

The SR-71's were the only plane that could fly that high.  They need to get them out of mothballs, and equip them with plain old machine gun.  They could fly high, and drop down their speed to below sonic and shoot them down with a few bullets, then get their engines throttled back up to finish out their flight.

Certain Missiles can fly that high.  And if the balloons were filled with hydrogen ,there would be a massive explosion fireball in the sky when hit. I only see a big Poof and some junk falling. Look at footage from when the Hindenburg touched off. Big Boom and fire engulfing the entire thing, frame and all. And these big Chink ballon’s have to have some sort of frame. For the bag and what it is carrying.  Hot air ballon’s don't require that.

Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2023, 09:20:31 AM »
Harder for NORAD to pick up a balloon, especially if it is synthetic cloth and not metal.  Same with the framing of he payload.  It could have been some type of composite.  Very little stuff on it that might be metal to reflect on radar.   Most of NORAD's radar is now space based to pick up rocket or missle launches that go partly into space.  However, this doesn't bode well for newer radar resistant planes that are shaped to deflect radar waves, or even hypersonic missiles.  NORAD needs upgrading.

Gee, I wonder how missiles would target them if balloons are radar transparent.?
Certainly NORAD must have various EM spectrum imaging equipment ....land and space based.

Close ups of that long tower like payload show it sure ain't wood.  And they are showing up on radar. Missiles, they are extremely fast and and can plot the targets trajectory, or color differences . Clear Blue sky and one small white cloud in the sky? black payload.  Ground control with Satt, of the Missile, targeting  Movement and its temperature. Track temp.
Some of the things a missile can do.

Least we forget Lasers and what they can do to this bag. Especially if its full of hydrogen. Space Force stuff now. AF space plane, and what it was doing in orbit for so long? Gotcha  chinks, we knew something like this was going to happen.
Constantine III