Author Topic: Never bought a ticket for a "concert"....  (Read 232 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Never bought a ticket for a "concert"....
« on: February 10, 2023, 04:22:27 AM »
  But this one looks interesting;
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Never bought ab ticket for a "concert"....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 04:50:27 AM »
That isn't a claim I can make. I attended one concert in my high school years, the first that ever came to my area and had to drive 100 miles to get to it. A group of us pooled our money to buy gas for the trip. It was to see The Maddox Brothers and Rose fronted by Johnny Cash that has just appeared on the music scene. Darn, that was a lot of years ago.

I entertained the though of going to ZZ Top fronted by George Thorogood a little more distance away about 20 years ago but decided against it. My son did attend and said they had the performers reversed. George put on a much better performance than did the Top.

We have one now and then at our "Event" Center, the county's white elephant, but it is always some washed over the hill hat act and I have absolutely no interest in those. They still sell tickets at prices like they are #1's though. I am amazed when I see the newspaper ads and the cost to attend.

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Never bought ab ticket for a "concert"....
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 10:44:54 AM »
We saw Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty in Albuquerque, punks in the crowd were throwing gum into the crowd, getting it in peoples hair. Saw some Bikers taking care of that problem, the hard way. So it stopped. :)
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III