Author Topic: Quietly observing..  (Read 1057 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Quietly observing..
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2023, 01:32:57 AM »
A few words from a couple wise, discerning men;

" but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God.” 

(Rabbi Gamaliel, 1st century AD) (Acts 5)

"If we are too busy using our sickles on each other, we will miss the harvest'." 

(Vance Havner, 20th century preacher/author/legend)

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline geosmin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2023, 05:56:51 AM »
A few words from a couple wise, discerning men;

" but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God.” 

(Rabbi Gamaliel, 1st century AD) (Acts 5)

"If we are too busy using our sickles on each other, we will miss the harvest'." 

(Vance Havner, 20th century preacher/author/legend)

Our generation has turned away from God and turned to politics as its saviour. We have sought good from evil and have found anger rather than peace. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

This generation has denied their God and has worshipped false idols. Their hearts do not seek God. Because of this,
their reward is where they seek it - in the hearts of the wicked.

What is happening at Asbury and has spread to other universities reminds me of the Israelites and God's blessing on the young, while denying the older from entering into the Promised Land.

Numbers 32:9-13
9For when your fathers went up to the Valley of Eshcol and saw the land, they discouraged the Israelites from entering the land that the LORD had given them. 10So the anger of the LORD was kindled that day, and He swore an oath, saying, 11‘Because they did not follow Me wholeheartedly, not one of the men twenty years of age or older who came out of Egypt will see the land that I swore to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob— 12not one except Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite and Joshua son of Nun—because they did follow the LORD wholeheartedly.’ 13The anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the whole generation who had done evil in His sight was gone.

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2023, 05:49:50 PM »
A person's net worth does not mean it is cash money.   I bought my home for $225,000 15 years ago, and it is now worth over $450,000.  My wife and I have 4 retirement accounts.  So a net worth of $1 million does not mean cash money.   Mine is fairly high, but any withdrawals from retirement accounts have to have taxes paid.  Too much at one time and taxes go way up. 

Also, Franklin Grahams total worth could be based on how many medical tents he has or tractor trailer trucks that support his Samaritan's Purse ministry.   He also has a phone line service to help people who call in.  He has a print ministry to help teach new converts to find a good evangelical church to get teaching.  All this cost's money.  I also read that Billy Graham only took a salary based on the average American family salary.  All the rest was in his ministry and to support his ministry.  The IRS audited him many times and found that over 90% of the money was poured back into his ministry and helping people. 

This is true with a lot of evangelical ministers.  During Katrina, Samaritan's purse was one of the first to show up with truck loads of food, water, and clothing for the displaced people.  FEMA was late.  People needed help immediately, and they were there. 

Don't judge what you don't know.  Buying land and property while you are young means in 30 years could be 4 times what they paid for it, thus a very high net worth even without a lot of cash. 

This is where people, especially liberals, don't understand.  Elon Musk's net worth may be $200 billion or so, but it is mostly stock, that he has to sell to have cash.  Same with any rich person.  Warren Buffet lives very frugally yet owns a lot of railroads and a real estate company.  It is not cash, but stock in these companies.

Net worth doesn't mean anything.  Anyway, Jesus told one person to sell all he had.  Another on his own sold half of what he had, and Jesus never told him to sell the other half, but knew his heart was in the right place. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2023, 06:00:52 PM »
Franklin Graham ain't doing too bad either. His "personal net worth" is over 10 million dollars.

ALL OF'EM INCLUDIN OLE FRANKIE HAVE KINDA SKIPPED OVER MARK CHAPTER 10 VERSES 17 THRU 22.
Franklin Grahams' salary is more than all the others.
A person's net worth does not mean it is cash money.   I bought my home for $225,000 15 years ago, and it is now worth over $450,000.  My wife and I have 4 retirement accounts.  So a net worth of $1 million does not mean cash money.   Mine is fairly high, but any withdrawals from retirement accounts have to have taxes paid.  Too much at one time and taxes go way up. 

Also, Franklin Grahams total worth could be based on how many medical tents he has or tractor trailer trucks that support his Samaritan's Purse ministry.   He also has a phone line service to help people who call in.  He has a print ministry to help teach new converts to find a good evangelical church to get teaching.  All this cost's money.  I also read that Billy Graham only took a salary based on the average American family salary.  All the rest was in his ministry and to support his ministry.  The IRS audited him many times and found that over 90% of the money was poured back into his ministry and helping people. 

This is true with a lot of evangelical ministers.  During Katrina, Samaritan's purse was one of the first to show up with truck loads of food, water, and clothing for the displaced people.  FEMA was late.  People needed help immediately, and they were there. 

Don't judge what you don't know.  Buying land and property while you are young means in 30 years could be 4 times what they paid for it, thus a very high net worth even without a lot of cash. 

This is where people, especially liberals, don't understand.  Elon Musk's net worth may be $200 billion or so, but it is mostly stock, that he has to sell to have cash.  Same with any rich person.  Warren Buffet lives very frugally yet owns a lot of railroads and a real estate company.  It is not cash, but stock in these companies.

Net worth doesn't mean anything.  Anyway, Jesus told one person to sell all he had.  Another on his own sold half of what he had, and Jesus never told him to sell the other half, but knew his heart was in the right place.

Sorry, but that isn't what Grahams personal net worth is. The ministry's he is ceo of technically own the equipment. He is paid a salary, and homes separate from the businesses/ministries.

See my post #9
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett