Author Topic: Thanks for your service  (Read 607 times)

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Thanks for your service
« on: February 20, 2023, 01:36:26 PM »
He’s in at home hospice.

Offline Bob Riebe

Re: Thanks for your service
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 01:53:34 PM »
 A Truly decent human being but a lousy president.
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 02:15:47 PM »
Fair enough

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 03:05:47 PM »
A very talented engineer. He was not an astute president, but his plan to avoid the energy problems we still face was brilliant. As an engineer myself, I listened open mouthed to his presentation of that plan. We, as a nation, missed a good opportunity when we ignored his plan. Our loss.

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 03:42:31 PM »

A nice guy, who was just in over his head.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 12:34:13 AM »

For the most part agreed, although I still question one point. 

As with him, I have taught adult Sunday School for years, but we would have to differ greatly upon this one point:

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/2022/carter-center-statement-on-roe-v-wade.html

Seems to me like a clear conflict of interest..  (James 1:8)

Despite that, he and Rosalind would likely be nice neighbors.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline phalanx

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 05:25:01 AM »
I was glad when Reagan took over. And Iran released our people they were holding as hostages. But Carter was a better President than Biden ever will be. At least Carter was truly elected.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 11:08:10 AM »
I was glad when Reagan took over. And Iran released our people they were holding as hostages. But Carter was a better President than Biden ever will be. At least Carter was truly elected.

Iused to think he was the worst president we ever had, until Obamalamadingdong and Dementia Joe came along.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 12:09:13 PM »

In comparison to Obama~Biden, I think he had a couple things going for him;

1) He truly likes the United States.

2) He is basically an honest man.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 3 View List

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 06:19:51 PM »

As with him, I have taught adult Sunday School for years, but we would have to differ greatly upon this one point:

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/2022/carter-center-statement-on-roe-v-wade.html

On this as in many other matters, persons of good will can and should be able to agree to disagree. Fortunately, we are taught that God is a forgiving God and that he is forgiving of almost everything if we just ask; and to ask we have to believe that we have done wrong. And I certainly hope God is bigger than I and my fellow travelers on this round ball and takes our understanding in to account in his judging of our lives.

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 06:31:01 PM »
I believe he is or was the last honest Democrat president.  I've read that one of the reasons he wasn't so good a president was he would read every bill before he would sign it.  Some had like 10,000 words.  This created a backlog of legislation.  He couldn't depend on his advisors as to what was in a bill, he had to read it himself. 

Opelika Portal

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 07:07:40 PM »
Smart move.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 11:21:09 PM »
proof positive that being a democrat and being honest dont work together.
blue lives matter

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 11:47:31 PM »
Neither does being a Republican; probably being anything and being honest doesn't work.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 02:52:21 AM »

On this as in many other matters, persons of good will can and should be able to agree to disagree. Fortunately, we are taught that God is a forgiving God and that he is forgiving of almost everything if we just ask; and to ask we have to believe that we have done wrong. And I certainly hope God is bigger than I and my fellow travelers on this round ball and takes our understanding in to account in his judging of our lives.

I agree of course, with your account of sin, repentance and redemption. We are all sinners and have no hope without the other two needs fulfilled.
   However, I must take issue with the apparent idea that the slaughter of more than 60 million of the most innocent among us, is merely a matter of disagreement.

Surely, as a Sunday School teacher, he must have encountered;

"Open your mouth for the speechless, In the cause of all who are appointed to die."..(Proverbs 31:8,9)

Jimmy aged greatly during his 4 years as president, primarily because he could not bring himself to delegate tasks.

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 03:41:50 AM »
If the number killed affects forgiveness by God, then He seems modeled after us humans not we humans after Him. Fortunately I don't get to decide who or why anyone is forgiven.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 03:46:08 AM »
This needs moved to the religious forum.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 04:42:55 AM »
If the number killed affects forgiveness by God, then He seems modeled after us humans not we humans after Him. Fortunately I don't get to decide who or why anyone is forgiven.

Not talking about the number killed, nor the forgiveness issue.....  ..But that a Bible believing Christian would even harbor the thought that such a holocaust is to be blessed by God, any more than the starvation of the Armenians by the Soviets and Turks, the St Valentine's Day massacre of the Huguenots or the slaughter of the 6,000,000 Jews by the Nazis was blessed..is a far fetch, is it not?.

Item: Six million killed in concentration camps in WW2..that is just 1/10th the number already killed in American abortuaries.

Whether six or six million..and whether it is approved by an Ayatollah or an American president.. genoicide/infanticide is still wrong.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 05:48:47 AM »
It was as if ISIS enjoyed doing that. Frigging savages.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 05:59:41 AM »
Ok, IG, I agree that abortion is wrong. I can't support the position that it is ok, but I know many folks I like and respect who disagree with me in my position. For their own reasons and from their own study of the issue and after accepting salvation from Jesus, they still support abortion as a necessary medical procedure (something I disagree with). I still consider them to be persons of good will and am willing to agree to disagree on this issue. Their belief is not a "red line" for me to consider them persons of good will with whom I can agree to disagree. I think we have beaten this to death, and probably need to agree to disagree with oldandslow in his position. Thanks for an interesting and valuable discussion. gene

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 06:12:01 AM »
Ok, IG, I agree that abortion is wrong. I can't support the position that it is ok, but I know many folks I like and respect who disagree with me in my position. For their own reasons and from their own study of the issue and after accepting salvation from Jesus, they still support abortion as a necessary medical procedure (something I disagree with). I still consider them to be persons of good will and am willing to agree to disagree on this issue. Their belief is not a "red line" for me to consider them persons of good will with whom I can agree to disagree. I think we have beaten this to death, and probably need to agree to disagree with oldandslow in his position. Thanks for an interesting and valuable discussion. gene

OK..done..