Author Topic: On line big game applications  (Read 509 times)

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
On line big game applications
« on: March 16, 2004, 04:41:20 AM »
:D Yesterday I was looking at the Colorado web site and I saw that I could put in big game applications online. Do the other western states have this? There is an amazing amout of information about hunting in the different states on their websites. Some have draw results, so you can see what your chances of drawing a particular zone would be. Some have info about particular zones. They may say where to get maps or find guides or have specifics on regulations. How much do the rest of you use this resource? :D

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 04:47:36 AM »
Same with Arizona.  They also have descriptions of the hunt units, the game found there and suggestions on good areas there and how to hunt them.  These are written by the game managers from those areas and are pretty good.

The online applications are the only way to go, even for resident hunters.  Everyone I know uses them.

Offline DesertRam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 07:17:38 AM »
New Mexico just started this year.  I used it for the early oryx population control hunt and, of course, got shot down.  It was relatively painless, though you still have to mail in the signature card, so it's not truly paperless or completely on-line.