Author Topic: Welcome to the new forum  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Welcome to the new forum
« on: November 14, 2002, 08:25:45 PM »
I'd like to welcome you to this new forum dedicated to Alaska Hunting. Feel free to discuss any additional topics you'd like about living and enjoying the Alaskan outdoors. This one was requested by you guys who live in Alaska and while it took me awhile to make it happen you now have it. Please use it freely and lets test out this new program.

GB :mrgreen:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Not so much about Alaska
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 09:40:36 AM »
I was only in Alaska for a couple of hours back in 1969.  Landed at Anchorage and I think it was 30 below.  I had flown in from the Phillipines and was wearing lightweight Navy whites......  brrrrr.    :D

Okay, now to test some of the forum's features.

To be or not to be

White Model 98 in .451

Thanks!  Now to see if that all worked or if I understood how to use it.

Preview showed me that I had run the multicolored sentence together at the color breaks.  Fixed that and all else seemed to work great!  I like it!
WHUT?

Offline Underclocked

• A Real Regular
Welcome to the new forums
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 09:43:46 AM »
Okay, one observation for Matt and GB - my post as well as GB's above is displayed wider than my 19" monitor can show without scrolling to the right.   Is there an option or adjustment for that?
WHUT?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Not Really....
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 12:18:02 PM »
The size of your photo was the determining feature in the width of the post. If you use either a really long URL which has to display or a really large image it will do that on all of these forums. It even did it on my other forums also. If you had sized the photo down a bit it wouldn't have been so wide.

Now even on my screen I have to scroll a wee bit. I think maybe an inch or so to see the full screen but the text in a normal post like this one stays inside of my viewing area. That is because I chose to use a screen resolution of 640x480 I think it is. Most folks seem to use a screen resolution of 800x600 and don't have that problem. My tired old eyes have trouble with the text if I use 800x600.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Underclocked

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 01:22:13 PM »
I thought I posted in the other section and therefore asked you what happened to my post.   :roll:  :oops:

I like this format much better, lots of flexibility.  Sort of thought my pic might be causing the width thing.  Looks like it is working very well from this end.
WHUT?

Offline jeff f

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 07:58:07 PM »
looks like the software many of the other boards use.  overall, its probably easier to use but i dont like the inability to see who responded to who.  you really have to read into the posts to figure out whats going on.  i guess i like the old better.
jeff

Offline DannoBoone

• Contributor
Alaska
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2002, 06:00:11 AM »
Hey underclocked, I was in Anchorage about the same
amount of time under the same set of circumstances, but
it was going the other way and a couple years later.
That's quite a route they took us - Monteray - Anchorage -
Manila - Guam - Saigon - to my final destination for three
years - BANGKOK!!!!!  :lol:
We need to change our politicians
like we do dirty diapers.............
for the same reason.

Offline sourdoughsmitty

Re: Welcome to the new forums
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
hi ya all,
well after 40 yrs off and on in alaska the wife put her foot down about me being gone ,and making her hair even grayer than what 2 kids did, then she got real mad she played the grand daughter card on me LOL  ;) i seen a post on combination guns recently, i have a savage 2400 in 12x.308 it was kept in a cach for many years in the trail lakes area of south central ak. when i went to recover it this year ,smeone had already made use of my cache they took the gun out and shot all the ammo but did not put it back in the case!, well judging from the long brown hair and destructive methods used it appears that a brownie decided to see what food was left in doing so he ripped open a bag of salt,spilling it all over the gun, well the poor girl looks like craters of the moon still shoots though. when i was in camp however i stripped it down and i believe i may have lost a spring the spring in question i believe is the one behind the action release spring and rod ,when you swing the lever the rod goes back against this spring forcing an auto safety feature , needles to say if you open the gun in the fire position both barrels will go if you put it on safe first then open it all is well.
so iam looking for a source of parts maybe even annother set of barelsin the same caliber as well anyone with any ideas??
thanx smitty

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: Welcome to the new forum
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
Sorry to hear of your predicament.  I think you'd have better luck if you made this post in the Gunsmithing and or Combination & Drilling forums farther up the line.

I'll try to PM you with the same thing. Good luck. I'm amazed the gun was still there. It isn't like the old days when you could leave stuff out.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Re: Not so much about Alaska
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »
I was only in Alaska for a couple of hours back in 1969.  Landed at Anchorage and I think it was 30 below.  I had flown in from the Phillipines and was wearing lightweight Navy whites......  brrrrr.    :D

I was in Anchorage about the same amount of time under the same set of circumstances, but it was going the other way and a couple years later.

Well, that makes 3 of us!   ;D  Landing in Anchorage in Sept. '69, the forest stopped and the runway began!  Just a nip of fall in the air... I immediately fell in love with the place!  Took darn near a platoon of MP's to get me back on the plane when it was time to leave!   :P  Been trying to get back for almost 40 years now!   :-\
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club