Author Topic: .357 Mag barrels still available!!! but hurry!!!  (Read 718 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
.357 Mag barrels still available!!! but hurry!!!
« on: March 19, 2004, 12:04:59 PM »
Well guys guess what, I have been sending e-mails to H&R/NEF CS and received info that there were still a bunch of .357 Mag barrels left, enough for a couple of weeks I was told :grin: . I Followed that up with a call the next day to CS and was then advised CS was wrong, that the gunsmiths had 7 guns waiting for .357 Mag barrels and only 3 .357 Mag barrels left :( . Now I was  confused :(  :grin:  :(  :grin: , CS says they have them, CS says they don't have them.  Well I sent off another e-mail to CS, guess what, now they said they have them!! :grin: . Just to be on the safe side I sent CS a thread with my e-mails and an explanation of what I was told by CS on the phone. I asked them to either call me or e-mail me to confirm that if I sent in my receiver NOW there would be a barrel for me. I received an answer that they did in fact have a few barrels left and should have enough to last a couple of weeks  :grin: (no number of barrels given).  I quickly printed out all the e-mails, wrote up a letter asking a barrel be fitted and the trigger be adjusted, and ordered an Ultra scope rail for my Sportster .22 Mag (need the extra length to mount my Weaver Qwik Point a little steadier). I packed the stuff into a box and rushed out to the Post Office. Out it went Prioity Mail with delivery confirmation. When I got home I fired off another e-mail to CS advising them it was on it's way and should be there directly. I felt great when they responded saying they were looking for my receiver and there would be a barrel for me :grin:  :grin: . They also explained they could not accept payment in advance to secure a barrel.  To make a long story short, if anyone wants one of the last .357 barrels get on the stick and send your receiver out, today or tomorrow would be good, and I would suggest a couple of bucks extra to upgrade the delivery to the faster method, Priority Mail not Parcel Post...Good Luck Guys....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
.357 Mag barrels still available!!! but hur
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 01:22:03 PM »
Great! I'm down in Texas taking care of my mom  and all my stuff is in Tulsa! I would like another..(another ...I have two 357 barrels already! LOL) before they evaporate....unless this is a marketing ploy by NEF to move stock....I still need a 44 barrel also...( Need!! :roll:  LOL)
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05