Author Topic: Catholics are anti-gun!  (Read 754 times)

Offline Riflemanz

• Trade Count: (0)
Catholics are anti-gun!
« on: March 19, 2004, 04:25:50 PM »
http://www.ccspm.org/gunLaw.html
These people need to protect little boys from priests instead of worring about gun saftey.
Have you hugged your 45-70 lately?
NRA Member
Menomonee Falls Gun club member
REM 7400 .270
Marlin 1895,1894
Ruger 44Mag Super Redhawk
Glock 19

Offline NYH1

Re: Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 07:24:17 PM »
Quote from: Riflemanz

These people need to protect little boys from priests instead of worring about gun saftey.

Ain't that the truth! :?
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
I think they are worried if we keep our guns we might start shooting those priests.   I can’t figure out how they get away with everything they do.   You name any other organization that has killed so many in the last 1600 or so years.   And why does the Vatican need a standing army anyway, even a small one like they have?
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline jh45gun

Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 10:15:01 PM »
Guys I walked out of church ( Catholic) because the priest was complaining about CC in WI have not been back since until my mother died and we had her service. I told the priest that held her service ( a different church and town) why I wanted him and not the priest that I walked out on.  I think gun control is not the churches business, but  lets not just pick on the Catholics!! Take a look at the list of MN churches that are against the Concealed Carry issue. I saw Lutheran's, Baptist,  Methodist, presbyterians, Episcopal, Non denominational, you name it they were all on the band wagon against CC in MN and WI. Not all pastors I am sure feel this way but a lot of the liberal ones do. I saw a whole group of these on the News in DUluth MN when the Concealed Carry issue was a big thing there last year and they are still fighting to get rid of it. I live in WI but get MN news so I see what is happening in the MN gun control issue as well as WI.  Not saying I am sticking up for Catholic Charities or that Catholic Church on this issue I feel that gun issues are non of their business but obviously they do along with every other denomination out there and I do not agree with any of them! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 10:17:59 PM »
Larry, Catholics are just one religous group that have had a bloody history. Seems to me most all religions have had a bloody past. Jim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 01:15:16 AM »
It's not "the catholics" that are against guns any more than it's the brown eyed people that are against guns. In Maine I have gone hunting with a Catholic priest who is as much a "gun nut" as are any of us. It does appear to me that Catholic Charities, a group and not priests, in the St Paul and Minneapolis area is against guns, that is a problem which has to be dealt with with that group instead of generalizing. Not defending any one group, just want all of us to see the forest for the trees. Lets pick the right foes to fight against in the battle to posses and carry our guns, we must not lose, for the good of the country!! ....<><....carry on...
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline NYH1

Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 06:11:43 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
I think gun control is not the churches business, but  lets not just pick on the Catholics!! Jim

I think there's a lot of stuff thats "not the churches business". Gun control is just one of them.
I read somewhere or I saw on TV I can't remember, that there are over 800 homosexual catholic priests in this country that are HIV positive. I don't know if thats true, but where there's smoke there's usually "SOME" fire. Then there's the sex scandals with children involved :evil: , and the appointment of a gay bishop. They make it so easy to pick on them! :)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 12:42:03 PM »
Quote from: New York Hunter
Quote from: jh45gun
I think gun control is not the churches business, but  lets not just pick on the Catholics!! Jim

I think there's a lot of stuff thats "not the churches business". Gun control is just one of them.
I read somewhere or I saw on TV I can't remember, that there are over 800 homosexual catholic priests in this country that are HIV positive. I don't know if thats true, but where there's smoke there's usually "SOME" fire. Then there's the sex scandals with children involved :evil: , and the appointment of a gay bishop.

They make it so easy to pick on them! :)

Offline jh45gun

Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 01:03:49 PM »
NYH if you are going to condemn some one get your facts straight  First! That Bishop was a Episcopal Bishop not a Catholic one!!!  I also have to comment that yes the sex scandals are not a good thing and a embarrassment to the church but do some research and you will see that other churches have the same problems it is just not limited to the Catholic faith.   I have no idea what religion you guys are and could care less but to single out one religion against the others is playground stuff! I also like MSP retired stated  know several priest that hunt and own guns and are one of us just like I know some ministers and pastors that are the same.  I bet if you take the general populace and average out the sex offenders and gays and then do the same for the religious folks I bet the numbers will be close to the same or down to show that in any group it will average out. Jim

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 07:11:49 PM »
I am not defending anyones viewpoint here but let me say this, the second amendment of the constitution was created to protect the first.  This is the one they are exercising.   And the one WE must defend, wheter or not we like what they say.

We also have the same right and need to be more publicly vocal about it, in PEACEFUL ways.

Speeking of the first and second amendments, read the letter by Wayne LaPierre in this months issue of American Rifleman.  It's scary!
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline jh45gun

Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 08:38:52 PM »
Handirifle, you are right but you have to admit those of us who support the Second get real tired of defending the First when those of the First keep trying to take away the Second.  :roll:

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2004, 11:13:25 AM »
While I'm frequently critical of organized religion, I've got to stick up (kind of) for the church.  The Catholic church is an immense organization with hundreds of millions of members.  Its made up of people which make it as flawed as any other human entity.  The leadership is made up of folks of so many different political stripes that its nearly impossible to say its anti-gun or anti-anything with any degree of certainty.  Of course this doesn't apply to questions of theological dogma or abortion.

I'm aware of several priests who hunt and own guns in my area.  Further I've been told of a parish which has a mass to bless the hunt.

While there are undoubtably leaders who are anti gun, there are many who don't care or who are pro-gun.

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 06:28:10 PM »
JH45gun
Yea you're right, it does get old.

I have to say that is really lumping a lot of people into one large vat and it is not true.  My stepfather was raised all his life catholic and he was an avid hunter.  I say was because he has knees that are useless now and cancer on top of that.  The man loved to hunt and collect guns.  I'm in line for a Winchester lever 375 when the sad day comes.  Just an example for riflemanz to think about.  It's kinda like saying all gun owners/collectors are terrorists.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »
While I do not care much for any of the organized religious groups and have a one on one relationship with my father in heaven, I believe what the King James Bible tells me in 1st Timothy Chap. 4 Verses 1, 2 and 3, especially verse 3, but without 1 and 2 some would say I took it out context.

Offline CEJ1895

• Avid Poster
Catholics are anti-gun!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 03:05:44 AM »
handirifle, Mauser - I agree with you! I would like to say that I do find this post by Riflemanz very offensive to me! What's the point? There are a number of other religious groups fighting hard to take our rights away from us, most of them are christians and demorats to boot! There are a lot of good people out there that are catholic, gun owners and hunters! To paint everyone with a broad brush stroke like this is dumb! I don't hold any religion responsible for something a group of people does that just happen to be Baptist's, Lutheran, Jewish, etc.. that would just be stupid of me! Live your life and believe in your chosen faith but don't condemn a whole group of people for the actions of a few... CEJ..
If I can't take my rifles with me, I don't want to go!