Author Topic: Turkey season open!!!!  (Read 867 times)

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Turkey season open!!!!
« on: March 20, 2004, 11:43:03 AM »
:D Just had to share this story for all to enjoy.  Today was opening day of turkey season in MS and guess who was in the woods! :lol:

The funniest part of this story is that my father-in-law and I both decided to get into single shot guns this year.  I did my research and I went for an NEF turkey gun.  My father-in-law did not do his homework and let a dealer sell him a cheap piece of junk.  He spent all kinds of money on it getting it threaded for a choke tube and mounting sights on it.  Neither of us shot our guns until yesterday(I know, big mistake but hey I'm busy) :roll: He was unable to hit anything and I mean anything!  I don't wish bad for my father-in-law but I thought it was funny that after all that he had to admit that I did know what I was trying to tell him.  Matter of fact, when I patterned mine he was amazed at how well that "little gun" did.  

Now for the best part of the story.  This morning I took a gobbler at 45 yds with my new favorite shotgun!!  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D .  I would have included a picture but I didn't have the camera with me.  Anyway, I am having the best time playing with these guns and listening to everybodies advice and comments on this board.  I now have 3 NEF guns and I am afraid I have fallen into a highly addictive habit. :wink:
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Turkey season open!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 12:20:55 PM »
Quote from: trkyhuntr
I now have 3 NEF guns and I am afraid I have fallen into a highly addictive habit. :wink:

There is no hope for you now! :wink:  I bought my son one at a NWTF Banquet, now there is six and soon to be eight. :roll:  No hope for me either. :-D

Oh, almost forgot, congratulations on the Gobbler! Our State Season doesn't start until April 19th, mine starts May 3rd. I can't wait!!! :grin:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Turkey season open!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 02:15:10 PM »
Man I can't wait to get a shot at Ole Tom Turkey. You got my blood pumpin' now. Opens April 6 for us Okies. I'll have to wait till that weekend tho I guess. Oh no ...... I suddenly have a strange twitch in my right index finger.....gotta go  :blaster:
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Turkey season open!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 05:12:17 AM »
trkyhunter;
congrats on the turkey :grin:
our season starts april 10 here in va.
Im like a small child wating for christmas!!! Im getting the fever really bad!!

TCB

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Turkey season open!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 09:58:39 AM »
This morning I took a gobbler at 45 yds with my new favorite shotgun!!

Congrats on the turkey...Now that you have the fever go with it.  There is no way you can get away from it...Most of us have it and are still able to lead mostly productive lives...Only problem though is that your mind in on single shots when it shoudl be on other things...Like work, training, sleeping...etc etc etc...You get the picture.  Time to get your father in law into H&R/NEF's it sounds like...Too bad he didn't listen to you at first...Could have saved a ton of money.

BTW, you all have me beat...Turkey Season opens 5/1 here in NY...As you could probably already figure out from my signature...I hate the wait.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense