Author Topic: What not to like about Trump?  (Read 1878 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What not to like about Trump?
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:11:38 AM »
   For anti Trump folks here...what did you hate about Trump?

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: What not to like about Trump?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 02:19:37 AM »
EXCESSIVE,  NON STOP,  NEVER ENDING, OVER AND OVER, BRAGGING ON "HIMSELF"
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Goldie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 02:31:12 AM »
Trump is an excessive braggart, bully, womanizer, person who can't pick the right personnel, but HE damn sure got the job done and I believe He is the only one who can get it done. But alas I don't think He will make it back again. The left will make sure of it. And if someone remotely like him does the RHINOS in power will help the democrats in insuring that nothing will get done again, period.

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 02:39:18 AM »
Trump is an excessive braggart, bully, womanizer, person who can't pick the right personnel, but HE damn sure got the job done and I believe He is the only one who can get it done. But alas I don't think He will make it back again. The left will make sure of it. And if someone remotely like him does the RHINOS in power will help the democrats in insuring that nothing will get done again, period.

Agreed. It takes a narcissist of Trumps magnitude to withstand the constant bombardment, and betrayal that most of Congress has, and will deal out.

Trump represents the exposure of all of Congressional double dealing exposed.

I to am not confident of his being re-elected, but if he is the republican nominee, he has my vote.
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 03:15:57 AM »
I for one would hope Trump focuses his rhetoric on democrats and rhinos and leave desantis alone. It seems to me that desantis is one that could also bring havoc to the government if elected also. Trump is definitely a hard cookie to figure out. But as said he would get my vote in a heartbeat.

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 03:32:17 AM »
DeSantis is a threat to Trump because Trump "feels threatened". DeSantis has pretty much stayed quite, but Trump doesn't know when to shut up. He himself, is drawing DeSantis into the spotlight.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 04:07:44 AM »
DeSantis is a threat to Trump because Trump "feels threatened". DeSantis has pretty much stayed quite, but Trump doesn't know when to shut up. He himself, is drawing DeSantis into the spotlight.

Politics is a dirty business. Everyone running against you is the enemy. You might be friends after hours, but during business, your the opposition. Desantis has the typical politician approach. Trump is different from any politician ever. Because, he isn't one. As a business man, he is good at getting things done, but is lousy with public relations. He is a huge threat to the political establishment, and they will , and do everything possible to derail any chance he has to be president.

Desantis should honor his commitments to the people of Fla. and stay where he is. As Governor.
He can do more for the country if he does. He should have thrown his support to Trump. Plenty of time left for him to run at the Federal level.
JMO

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 05:40:31 AM »

Politics is a dirty business. Everyone running against you is the enemy. You might be friends after hours, but during business, your the opposition. Desantis has the typical politician approach. Trump is different from any politician ever. Because, he isn't one. As a business man, he is good at getting things done, but is lousy with public relations. He is a huge threat to the political establishment, and they will , and do everything possible to derail any chance he has to be president.

Desantis should honor his commitments to the people of Fla. and stay where he is. As Governor.
He can do more for the country if he does. He should have thrown his support to Trump. Plenty of time left for him to run at the Federal level.
JMO

Seems pretty clear whose pickin the fight to me. Trump started in on the name calling of DeSantis as soon as he announced his candidacy. DeSantis has yet to participate in Trumps 3rd grade name calling, nor has he said he was going to run.
In fact, all hes really talked about is his job as Florida governor. Trump is, as usual, runnin his mouth about somebody he should be trying to make friends with.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 06:52:55 AM »
     De Santis wouldnt be flying all over the country  for speaking events if he wasnt running for POTUS . The way I look at it  is 2024 is Trumps last shot and De Santis has plenty of years ahead  to run for POTUS ,assuming we still have a country left by then .

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 07:00:15 AM »
I did't say Desantis was picking a fight. Trump is playing the same game he played in 2016. He knows Ron D. will be his only challenge, and will do his best to discredit him. Desantis will run with the good guy Image. I personally think either would make a better President, than anyone else in the field. I just think Desantis, at this time serves the people of Fla. and America as a whole, better as Governor of the most popular state in the USA at this time. JMO!

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 07:23:54 AM »
I did't say Desantis was picking a fight. Trump is playing the same game he played in 2016. He knows Ron D. will be his only challenge, and will do his best to discredit him. Desantis will run with the good guy Image. I personally think either would make a better President, than anyone else in the field. I just think Desantis, at this time serves the people of Fla. and America as a whole, better as Governor of the most popular state in the USA at this time. JMO!

I never said you did.

DeSantis is his own man. He gets to decide what he wants to do, and when he wants to do it. I expect that the primaries will, as usual, decide who gets the nomination, but in the meantime I'm not impressed with Trumps arrogant name calling BS, and I don't see it as "a necessary part" of politics. I see it as a tasteless endeavor to make someone look worse than Trump believes himself to look.

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 07:29:26 AM »
If the republican party doesn't figure out a way to get votes it doesn't really matter who runs. Being down here in Texas 34th district everyone one went wild when Myra Flores won a short few month term for congress. When the election came up again a few months later she was replaced by a long standing liberal (Gonzales) from down here. Now with the millions coming in on our borders I see it getting worse day by day. How does the republicans get the young folks out to vote? Talking about immigration? Abortion? War in Ukraine ? Economy ?  What? Maybe video games is the answer. At least they relate to that.

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 07:43:57 AM »
I think a good start would be term limits, followed by doing what they said they'd do. John Cornyn, and Dan Crenshaw are another couple of Republicans that need to go.

And Congressional members are never gonna vote themselves out of a job with term limits.

Congress was never supposed to be 30 to 50 year career, nor was it even supposed to be a full time job.

I think it will all continue to deteriorate, until it completely collapses.

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 10:33:41 AM »
   For anti Trump folks here...what did you hate about Trump?

Can't say that I'm "anti Trump"  I voted for him in the first election, but voted against the Demoncrats in the election following.  I was horribly disappointed that he didn't mature into the position like I hoped he would.

As Dee and Goldie said, he has certain "qualities" that he can't seem to grow out of.

I can't help but wonder if the career politicians weren't a little scared of what he was trying to do.

Roger

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 10:46:19 AM »
I think a good start would be term limits, followed by doing what they said they'd do.

I have mixed feeling about the idea of term limits.  Who are the people of Iowa to tell Texas that the senator or congressperson, that actually is doing something for the state, has to go, even if the folks in Texas want to keep him?  Conversly, who is Alaska to tell Iowa that we can't keep Chuck Grassley for as long as we want?
That being said, I understand the sentiment.

And Congressional members are never gonna vote themselves out of a job with term limits.

Well, they might, if a bold enough president were to call on the voters to start contacting them, and DEMANDING that they do so.  (Not asking, not begging, not pleading or cajolling, but ORDERING.)

Congress was never supposed to be 30 to 50 year career, nor was it even supposed to be a full time job.

This is true.  I fail to remember what Amendment it was, but Congresscritters used to be appointed by thier state's governor, until Congress, (with it's elitist attitude), voted themselves as elected positions, with a federal paycheck, rather than a state paycheck.

Roger

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 01:14:44 PM »
Dee Said:

I think a good start would be term limits, followed by doing what they said they'd do. John Cornyn, and Dan Crenshaw are another couple of Republicans that need to go.

I couldn't agree more. And the list of others on the Republican ticket is long. L.Graham, Mitch M., itt R. to name a few more.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 02:20:11 PM »

The question was. “What do you hate about Trump?”
“For anti Trump folks here... what did you hate about Trump?”
Then it went into all the good things President Trump did for our country.

D raw your own conclusions... anti Trump folks included of course.

This question was. “ for anti Trump folks here “ BTW...

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 02:25:04 PM »

I believe President Trump is coming back...

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 03:41:18 PM »

::)

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2023, 03:48:46 PM »

::)

;)

Offline JBinMN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2023, 03:54:03 PM »
I did not realize there were so many thin skinned whiners here.

Sad.

We have a country getting run into the ground in less than 2 years, & the 4 years before that were better, even though the Prez was having to do what he could with one hand, while at the same time fighting not just the Demshoviks, but the RINOS trying to tie his other hand.

He got stabbed in the back more times by Judases, than Jesus did, and by more Brutuses than Caesar did, & STILL, folks whine because he calls names on his opponents not unlike kids AND PARENTS at an elementary, middle or high school ball game.

HEY BATTER! HEY BATTER~!

& some of ya whine... Like things are so good now.

Can't handle some guy Heckling the opposition.

Well, don't want ya on My team then. Your skin is too thin.

Buck up, buttercups.

Sheeesh.

ETA:

P.S> - Maybe I oughta go grab some quotes from some of you folks posts here in the past where there are some who like to call names on others.

"Pots calling the kettle black", is what I get reminded of.
"Hypocrites", is what others call em.

Gonna get on someone because ya think that calling others names is bad, but ya do it yourself?

What ya call that?

Again...

Sheesh...

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2023, 04:33:00 PM »
I did not realize there were so many thin skinned whiners here.

Sad.

We have a country getting run into the ground in less than 2 years, & the 4 years before that were better, even though the Prez was having to do what he could with one hand, while at the same time fighting not just the Demshoviks, but the RINOS trying to tie his other hand.

He got stabbed in the back more times by Judases, than Jesus did, and by more Brutuses than Caesar did, & STILL, folks whine because he calls names on his opponents not unlike kids AND PARENTS at an elementary, middle or high school ball game.

HEY BATTER! HEY BATTER~!

& some of ya whine... Like things are so good now.

Can't handle some guy Heckling the opposition.

Well, don't want ya on My team then. Your skin is too thin.

Buck up, buttercups.

Sheeesh.

ETA:

P.S> - Maybe I oughta go grab some quotes from some of you folks posts here in the past where there are some who like to call names on others.

"Pots calling the kettle black", is what I get reminded of.
"Hypocrites", is what others call em.

Gonna get on someone because ya think that calling others names is bad, but ya do it yourself?

What ya call that?

Again...

Sheesh...

Well let's see. Some of the guys are having a "friendly discussion" about politics, our likes, and dislikes concerning Trump, while all agreeing we'd still vote for him, and we suddenly get a lecture on how to act, how to discuss, and what to be grateful for. We're "buttercups".
So much "wisdom" suddenly injected into the conversation without warning.  :o

Are you our new "self appointed class monitor", here to  teach us how to think politically, what we can, and can't say? Buttercup!  8)

BTW I don't want on your team. I don't  play for foreigners. LOL  ;)

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2023, 05:04:05 PM »
I voted for Trump to run the country proper. And that he did! I never wanted anything else from him…no shooting buddy, no drinking buddy, never invited him for dinner. I don’t care what he thinks of himself as long as he does his job. If the country wasn’t full of such thin skinned wusses, we wouldn’t have half the problems we have today.

Offline magooch

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2023, 05:06:23 PM »
JB hit that nail right square on the head.  I won't use the "hate" word, but I will say that what I most disliked about Donald Trump is that he did not get re-elected.  I'm not sure there ever was anything he could have done to stop the illegal cheating that foisted this idiot criminal in the White House on us.  On the other hand, that does not mean that I think Trump should run again.  There are several folks who might have a better chance of beating the commies and then my advice might be to approach the Donald and see if he would consider a stint as Sec. of State.

Age probably isn't an issue with Donald Trump, but I know firsthand that age can sneak right up on you and smack you just when you think you're invulnerable.  No, I'm okay, but I'll be 80 in about three months and age does matter.
Swingem

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2023, 05:17:46 PM »
Trumps ''in your face attitude'' never bothered me. His results are what I looked at. And he had this country in a much better place than the dingleberry we have now.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline JBinMN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2023, 05:21:12 PM »
Dee,
I am going to reply to you only right now, since you chose to quote me from the post I made a short while ago. Not gonna quote myself, so I removed that part of your comment, but just leaving your comment as a quote & gonna try to work off of that.

I am gonna BOLD the parts I will address right now & leave the rest as it isn't worth much of my time to address it.

Well let's see. Some of the guys are having a "friendly discussion" about politics, our likes, and dislikes concerning Trump, while all agreeing we'd still vote for him, and we suddenly get a lecture on how to act, how to discuss, and what to be grateful for. We're "buttercups".

Are you our new "self appointed class monitor", here to  teach us how to think politically, what we can, and can't say? Buttercup!  8)

[/quote]

and we suddenly get a lecture on how to act, how to discuss, and what to be grateful for.

"Lecture" eh? Not quite. I would better describe it as an , "observation".

Want me to point out where ya said that ya didn't like the "Name calling"?

I can go up at least once if not twice where I saw ya complain about DJT calling names & that it bothered ya. Then, you find it, although it seems in jest by the way I see by it, ;)
 to call me a "foreigner", and, later on, a "Buttercup".

Name calling bothers ya, but ya feel right fine about doin it yourself...

Hmmm.. Pot? or Kettle?

Next up...

Are you our new "self appointed class monitor", here to  teach us how to think politically, what we can, and can't say?

I , once again, was making an , "observation", and have no desire to be a "new", Self appointed class monitor".

Not here to teach ya anything ya would not want to learn, and as far as what ya can or can't say....
 well that is up to someone here with the means to monitor that like a "moderator", or an "administrator & correct it if they deem it necessary.

I really don't give a rats ass much any more about what you or anyone else says or doesn't say, other than I have the ability to comment here,, right now,  just as much as any other member here, until one of those moderators or admin choose to let me know that I am out of line for making a comment.

I am not gonna dwell on this with ya too much.

Make a deal with ya.
You think about if ya want to whine any more about Trump name calling as ya did in earlier comments here in the future, & I'll think about not calling ya out for it.

Deal?
;)

Have a nice night~!

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2023, 05:42:48 PM »
Dee,
I am going to reply to you only right now, since you chose to quote me from the post I made a short while ago. Not gonna quote myself, so I removed that part of your comment, but just leaving your comment as a quote & gonna try to work off of that.

I am gonna BOLD the parts I will address right now & leave the rest as it isn't worth much of my time to address it.

and we suddenly get a lecture on how to act, how to discuss, and what to be grateful for.

"Lecture" eh? Not quite. I would better describe it as an , "observation".

Want me to point out where ya said that ya didn't like the "Name calling"?

I can go up at least once if not twice where I saw ya complain about DJT calling names & that it bothered ya. Then, you find it, although it seems in jest by the way I see by it, ;)
 to call me a "foreigner", and, later on, a "Buttercup".

Name calling bothers ya, but ya feel right fine about doin it yourself...

Hmmm.. Pot? or Kettle?

Next up...

Are you our new "self appointed class monitor", here to  teach us how to think politically, what we can, and can't say?

I , once again, was making an , "observation", and have no desire to be a "new", Self appointed class monitor".

Not here to teach ya anything ya would not want to learn, and as far as what ya can or can't say....
 well that is up to someone here with the means to monitor that like a "moderator", or an "administrator & correct it if they deem it necessary.

I really don't give a rats ass much any more about what you or anyone else says or doesn't say, other than I have the ability to comment here,, right now,  just as much as any other member here, until one of those moderators or admin choose to let me know that I am out of line for making a comment.

I am not gonna dwell on this with ya too much.

Make a deal with ya.
You think about if ya want to whine any more about Trump name calling as ya did in earlier comments here in the future, & I'll think about not calling ya out for it.

Deal?
;)

Have a nice night~!

[/quote]

Make a deal with ya.

Deal?
;)

Have a nice night~!

Uuuoooo! I love it when they break up my posts into sentences, and respond categorically. Thats so ?
Silly! ::)

I tell ya what. I'll say what I want to say, about what ever topic I choose, and you can whine about it or not, like you whined tonight, cause there's really nuthin you, or your whinin can do about it.

And "that" is the actual deal.  ;)

You can have whatever kinda night you want, I don't care. 8)

Offline JBinMN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2023, 05:56:33 PM »

Uuuoooo! I love it when they break up my posts into sentences, and respond categorically. Thats so ?

I tell ya what. I'll say what I want to say, about what ever topic I choose, and you can whine about it or not, like you whined tonight, cause there's really nuthin you, or your whinin can do about it.

Haha. You are funny.

Say what ya like, when ya like & I'll do the same.

Since being polite has left the room...

Up yours too then.

Offline Dee

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2023, 06:09:16 PM »

Haha. You are funny.

Say what ya like, when ya like & I'll do the same.

Since being polite has left the room...

Up yours too then.

Since polte has left the room? You one of them "deflectors"? Your the one that started all the whinin crap.  ::) You got brain freeze up there?

BTW Minnesota has voting Democrat longer than any other state in the United Mess.

This/your startin to look "run of the mill", and are boring me. I'm going to bed.

Offline JBinMN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2023, 06:22:02 PM »

Since polte has left the room? You one of them "deflectors"? Your the one that started all the whinin crap.  ::) You got brain freeze up there?

This/your startin to look "run of the mill", and are boring me. I'm going to bed.

Hell, and I was gonna hit the rack as well til ya knocked on the door again...

Don't know what ya mean about , "deflectors". Gonna have to ponder on that.

Don't recall me whining one bit. Sure noticed your doing it earlier though & pointed it out.

I just called them like I see them.  Sad.

Must have hit a nerve with ya with my pointing out the name calling whining I saw was done earlier. Didn't even name anyone in particular.

You chose to come back and pitch a fit about my comment on it.

& then I was just showing ya how you were just as guilty of name calling as Trump who you whined about, since ya quoted me on it.

I was being polite & tried to deal with ya. You changed the terms  & then I said OK.

Polite left.

You say what You want & I will do the same.

I am gonna hit the rack now too, even if you or someone else comments.