Author Topic: Are you rapture ready?  (Read 3416 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Are you rapture ready?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:59:52 AM »
well id be awful nervous if a FACEBOOK post said i was. personaly i think its a sin to support those liberal sites
blue lives matter

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 05:48:45 PM »
rapture ? where is  that found in the bible ?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 11:52:25 AM »
well id be awful nervous if a FACEBOOK post said i was. personaly i think its a sin to support those liberal sites

That message of course, did not originate with Facebook..it was only reposted there.  Due to current events, that warning is being repeated in many places and venues.
  It is only repeating the warning given by Isaiah, in about 700 BC.

" In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live."  (Isaiah 38:1)
   Chances are, if your former pope, Benedict were alive today, he would be saying the same!

..But then, that is good advice for any Christian man throughout history...to get and keep his own house in order.

Some folks, due to ongoing current events, are especially sensitive to the words uttered by the prophet so many centuries ago, and reiterated so often during the millennia since that time..

...  But you can either take it or trash it..you have free will, and you can choose either course.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 12:02:34 PM »

" Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."  (1 Thess 4:17)

Rapture is simply reusing a 1st century Greek term for an event..meaning "caught up". I will not belabor it any further, since your theology is firm as concrete.."all mixed up, and permanently set".

The Greek word from this term “rapture” is derived appears in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, translated “caught up.” The Latin translation of this verse used the word rapturo. The Greek word it translates is harpazo, which means to snatch or take away. Elsewhere it is used to describe how the Spirit caught up Philip near Gaza and brought him to Caesarea (Acts 8:39) and to describe Paul’s experience of being caught up into the third heaven (2 Cor. 12:2-4). Thus there can be no doubt that the word is used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 to indicate the actual removal of people from earth to heaven.

...But you can say "caught up" if you wish... the message is still the same..
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 01:00:07 AM »

The book of Matthew makes it a bit clearer..

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming." (Matt 25:1-13)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 05:26:03 AM »
ill read the book God wrote not a website Satan cheers that is supported by liberals, homos and abortion supporters
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 10:53:36 AM »
ill read the book God wrote not a website Satan cheers that is supported by liberals, homos and abortion supporters

Good!  Stick with the Bible, and read it for full comprehension.    I just finished reading it cover to cover, last Friday. Next, i am going to study the NT chapter by chapter, utilizing both commentaries and interlinear sources.  They both help for clarification..

Hey, here's an idea, let's both study it and then discuss our findings here..perhaps we can form a study group!

BTW; There are many Christian sites on Youtube.   Here is a well respected Christian scholar, author & teacher..perhaps you ought to try him for at least a few minutes.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jvuhOa9wY4

..Or if you prefer, try this instructor..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-i60d556Ko

Matter of fact, they preach against all these things you described above..

" I'll read the book God wrote not a website Satan cheers that is supported by liberals, homos and abortion supporters"
[/quote]

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 12:16:31 PM »
I am as ready as I will ever be; not concerned with the possibility.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 01:22:30 PM »
Justin Peters the calvinist

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnVeTvAtTE
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 01:33:01 PM »
Mike Winger promotes female pastors.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwEUCQHQug

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 04:34:04 PM »
Justin Peters the calvinist

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnVeTvAtTE

No doubt..but neither the calvinist view or the scriptural view will deny one their salvation.  Many great preachers of the past have had some ideas that I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean everything they say is wrong.  Martin Luther did a great work, even though he was an antisemite.

I don't necessarily agree with EVERYTHING Matthew Henry or Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, but that doesn't rule them out for
   serious study.

If one is to truly study the great, historic preachers..he should be at least as advanced as a fellow eating fish! He should know enough
   to throw the bones away !

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 05:09:10 PM »
Mike Winger promotes female pastors.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwEUCQHQug

Perhaps you should study with Mike Winger, rather than take the word of an 'egalitarian' concerning what Mike teaches. 

I find it hard to believe you even watched the whole video you offered, even though it is a practiced attempt to deny Mike's teachings.

Did you even notice that while this Brian fellow condemns Winger, claiming he is in favor of women preaching, that is exactly what he (Brian) is calling for.  That is why he is called an "egalitarian"..while Mike is a 'complimentarian' on the subject.

..Better go get your info directly from Mike....

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 05:25:43 PM »
Didn't expect you to agree. 5280 feet width X 1 inch depth ;)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 01:38:11 AM »
Didn't expect you to agree. 5280 feet width X 1 inch depth ;)

You have  my sympathy, but you will just have to narrow your scattered thoughts and in turn, seek for more depth in your  analyses.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 03:19:38 PM »

" Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."  (1 Thess 4:17)

Rapture is simply reusing a 1st century Greek term for an event..meaning "caught up". I will not belabor it any further, since your theology is firm as concrete.."all mixed up, and permanently set".

The Greek word from this term “rapture” is derived appears in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, translated “caught up.” The Latin translation of this verse used the word rapturo. The Greek word it translates is harpazo, which means to snatch or take away. Elsewhere it is used to describe how the Spirit caught up Philip near Gaza and brought him to Caesarea (Acts 8:39) and to describe Paul’s experience of being caught up into the third heaven (2 Cor. 12:2-4). Thus there can be no doubt that the word is used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 to indicate the actual removal of people from earth to heaven.

do you believe your self to be one of the ones to be raptured?

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 05:12:47 PM »

do you believe your self to be one of the ones to be raptured?

No, he believes he will be the one deciding who goes, and who stays. He's already culling out the losers, and has condemned several here to hell.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2023, 10:54:29 PM »
i think the bigget shock will be to those who are arrogant enough to believe they rate heaven  and the ones that wasted days and days reading the bible over and over and over instead of getting an idea of what Gog expects and going out and doing it. been saying it for years. i sure doubt there's a scripture quoting test at the pearly gates
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023, 12:29:24 AM »
  Perhaps there is a greater shock for those who think they have earned their way by good works!  Indeed, good
 works are beneficial and "fruit" expected, but they have nothing to do with one's salvation.

"not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us..."  (Titus 3:5a)

" For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."  (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Then of course, there is the verse which convinced the scholar Martin Luther, to change course;

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”  (Rom 1:17)

However, if you wish to dispute my post, I welcome a scripture based discussion.  On the other hand, if you simply disagree, without
   a demonstrable basis..please just ignore my posts on the subject.

BTW: A doctor reads his medical books, a lawyer regularly consults his law books, and even a mechanic refers to repair manuals.

Should not a Christian, do some study in his guide book, the Bible?  Only a few minutes a day will take you through in less than a year..

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2023, 02:53:20 AM »
never earned my way in by any means. but i will say the bible is full of works Jesus did and full of good works he said we should do. Feeding and clothing the pour. spreading his word. just about everything we do as Christian to please God is a work. some just think they can call them a different name or have the power to differentiate between what is a work and what is following God when in fact there the same thing. There never lived a man who did more "works for GOD" then Jesus Christ. I think ill hedge my bets on his examples over your opinion.  you claim all it takes to get to heaven is claiming you believe but i say if your truly a Christian you are doing Christan acts all the time.

Heck people like biden harris pelosi ect can claim to believe in God and maybe they do. does that make them Christians when they support abortions or homosexuality? there are probably millions that believe in God that sure as hell arent going to heaven. Life is a test. what we do with this gift God gives us is what he will judge us on. not how well we memorized the bible. ESPECIALLY if we use it to stroke our vanity on the internet trying to prove we memorized it better then someone else or are so arrogant as to actually believe ourselves we understand how GOD THINKS better then someone else. Jesus was humble and he expects you to be too. He said acts ALONE wont get you into heaven. You need to ACT like a Christian and ACT in his name and beieve he is the son of God. But he sure didnt frown on doing acts because if you dont your nothing but a hypocrite carrying around a bible. news flash there are millions if not billions of christians that lived there life without even touching a new testament bible and that includes his apostles. millions that never laid hands on an Old Testament bible either that probably measure up better in Gods eye then me. Do you think your a better Chistian then me because you can quote scripture better then me? you must because you demanded i answer with bible scripture or ignore your call out. There is only one person you impress with your bible memorization.
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2023, 05:59:05 AM »
never earned my way in by any means. but i will say the bible is full of works Jesus did and full of good works he said we should do. Feeding and clothing the pour. spreading his word. just about everything we do as Christian to please God is a work.
 Works are very important, James among others addressed this very well.

some just think they can call them a different name or have the power to differentiate between what is a work and what is following God when in fact there the same thing. They can be the same thing, but that is not the Gospel message.

There never lived a man who did more "works for GOD" then Jesus Christ. DITTO!  ..But then of course, He is God..

I think ill hedge my bets on his examples over your opinion. Since you are directly answering my post above, I must clue you in..  Look back, I offered only God's words!  It is you.. who right here, is offering NOTHING BUT opinion.

you claim all it takes to get to heaven is claiming you believe but i say if your truly a Christian you are doing Christan acts all the time. Oops! sorry..that's not what I said at all.

Heck people like biden harris pelosi ect can claim to believe in God and maybe they do. does that make them Christians when they support abortions or homosexuality? there are probably millions that believe in God that sure as hell arent going to heaven. Life is a test.  ..And a  very simple test, easily outlined in (John 3:16)

what we do with this gift God gives us is what he will judge us on. Yes..

not how well we memorized the bible.  Very few have memorizedthe Bible, especially not myself..

ESPECIALLY if we use it to stroke our vanity on the internet trying to prove we memorized it better then someone else ...No, don't do that !, at least not for that reason.

or are so arrogant as to actually believe ourselves we understand how GOD THINKS better then someone else. Doesn't tell us everything about what God thinks, but by becoming familiar and /or conversant with His word, helps to remove some of the
 darkness, and increase understanding.

Jesus was humble and he expects you to be too. BINGO ! That goes for both of us!

He said acts ALONE wont get you into heaven. DITTO!

You need to ACT like a Christian and ACT in his name and beieve he is the son of God. Good advice!

But he sure didnt frown on doing acts because if you dont your nothing but a hypocrite carrying around a bible. Good works are important, but they are a an adjunct to our salvation..frosting on the cake, if you will.

news flash there are millions if not billions of christians that lived there life without even touching a new testament bible and that includes his apostles. Another news flash... the apostles did not have the the new testament, during Jesus' ministry.. but when one is speaking to God in the flesh (John 1:14) one doesn't need the book, but those who follow them need it..so they wrote it during their lifetimes.
  millions that never laid hands on an Old Testament bible either that probably measure up better in Gods eye then me. ??
   Do you think your a better Chistian then me because you can quote scripture better then me? Nope; if you are saved and born again (John 3:3), we both have the same standing.

you must because you demanded i answer with bible scripture or ignore your call out. There is only one person you impress with your bible memorization.  Not really, but say we are discussing any subject..for instance what to do with a sick dog,.  Would it be better to consult a veterinary medicine book ,or just go by guess, gosh, and opinion? 

The reason I suggest the Bible is to get the word straight from God..not from your barber, snowmobile buddies or even guys at the shooting range.  By going to the Bible, we get the genuine foundational truth.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2023, 08:56:18 AM »
i think the bigget shock will be to those who are arrogant enough to believe they rate heaven  and the ones that wasted days and days reading the bible over and over and over instead of getting an idea of what Gog expects and going out and doing it. been saying it for years. i sure doubt there's a scripture quoting test at the pearly gates
This says how one can get to heaven, it is the way, the only way.
Works earn ones place in heaven, they do not get one there without faith.

Ephesians 2
8 for by grace ye are having been saved, through faith, and this not of you -- of God the gift,
9 not of works, that no one may boast;

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2023, 09:21:49 AM »
Isaiah spoke of those who had great works... works won't save you.

"For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our wrongdoings, like the wind, take us away.."  (Isaiah 64:6)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 09:42:41 AM »
read a book and ill help an old lady and i guess will see whos time was better spent
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2023, 10:00:12 AM »
read a book and ill help an old lady and i guess will see whos time was better spent

Why not do both?  If perchance her sight were failing, she well may appreciate it if you were to read the book to her.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2023, 10:10:41 AM »
because one is a work and im to old to waste time ;) rapture? heres my opinion those raptured will be the ones turned to dust when the first bombs hit. ive said it before. im to old and crippled up to even want to consider survival mode. hope the first nuke lands on my head

Why not do both?  If perchance her sight were failing, she well may appreciate it if you were to read the book to her.
blue lives matter
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 12:37:12 PM »
  Perhaps there is a greater shock for those who think they have earned their way by good works!  Indeed, good
 works are beneficial and "fruit" expected, but they have nothing to do with one's salvation.

"not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us..."  (Titus 3:5a)

" For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."  (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Then of course, there is the verse which convinced the scholar Martin Luther, to change course;

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”  (Rom 1:17)

However, if you wish to dispute my post, I welcome a scripture based discussion.  On the other hand, if you simply disagree, without
   a demonstrable basis..please just ignore my posts on the subject.

BTW: A doctor reads his medical books, a lawyer regularly consults his law books, and even a mechanic refers to repair manuals.

Should not a Christian, do some study in his guide book, the Bible?  Only a few minutes a day will take you through in less than a year..

Thessalonians 4:14-16  clearly speaking about the elect of God. are you declaring your self to be of the elect?

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 02:26:23 PM »
Thessalonians 4:14-16  clearly speaking about the elect of God. are you declaring your self to be of the elect?
It merely speaking of those of the true Faith, currently alive or already passed; nothing to do with so called elect.

13 And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, that ye may not sorrow, as also the rest who have not hope,

14 for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, so also God those asleep through Jesus he will bring with him,

15 for this to you we say in the word of the Lord, that we who are living -- who do remain over to the presence of the Lord -- may not precede those asleep,

16 because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,

17 then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be;

18 so, then, comfort ye one another in these words.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2023, 02:38:01 PM »
It merely speaking of those of the true Faith, currently alive or already passed; nothing to do with so called elect.

13 And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, that ye may not sorrow, as also the rest who have not hope,

14 for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, so also God those asleep through Jesus he will bring with him,

15 for this to you we say in the word of the Lord, that we who are living -- who do remain over to the presence of the Lord -- may not precede those asleep,

16 because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,

17 then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be;

18 so, then, comfort ye one another in these words.
Evidently the elect are somekind of special

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2023, 02:00:01 AM »

who are the "we"?