Author Topic: Are you rapture ready?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Are you rapture ready?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2023, 02:36:06 AM »
...Sure looks like we have awakened the sleeping insect ! 

lo·cust
noun
a large and mainly tropical grasshopper with strong powers of flight. It is usually solitary, but from time to time there is a population explosion, and it migrates in vast swarms that cause extensive damage to crops.
the large edible pod of some plants of the pea family, in particular the carob bean, which is said to resemble a locust.

..But then there is the Locust tree.. just sits there and never utters a sound..  Which are we referring to?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2023, 05:27:20 PM »
rapture ? where is  that found in the bible ?

" Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."  (1 Thess 4:17)

Rapture is simply reusing a 1st century Greek term for an event..meaning "caught up". I will not belabor it any further, since your theology is firm as concrete.."all mixed up, and permanently set".

The Greek word from this term “rapture” is derived appears in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, translated “caught up.” The Latin translation of this verse used the word rapturo. The Greek word it translates is harpazo, which means to snatch or take away. Elsewhere it is used to describe how the Spirit caught up Philip near Gaza and brought him to Caesarea (Acts 8:39) and to describe Paul’s experience of being caught up into the third heaven (2 Cor. 12:2-4). Thus there can be no doubt that the word is used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 to indicate the actual removal of people from earth to heaven.

...But you can say "caught up" if you wish... the message is still the same..
you are thinking that some how that applies to you ?

Offline rustic bob

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2023, 09:59:38 AM »
The rapture theory is false doctrine.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2023, 12:14:12 PM »
The rapture theory is false doctrine.

Can you prove that using just scripture?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2023, 12:29:07 PM »
I'm not trying to agree or disagree with anyone on the rapture. But I will say I do NOT interpret anything I've read in the Bible to say that a rapture as most folks address it is gonna happen.

But to answer the OP question, I guess I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. It better get here soon tho if it wants me cuz I don't have many years left on this old earth.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2023, 12:35:51 PM »
I'm not trying to agree or disagree with anyone on the rapture. But I will say I do NOT interpret anything I've read in the Bible to say that a rapture as most folks address it is gonna happen.

But to answer the OP question, I guess I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. It better get here soon tho if it wants me cuz I don't have many years left on this old earth.

If the rapture folks are correct or incorrect, really doesn't matter. Dead, or alive when He does come everybody will get their answer.

BTW Bill. If you're dead, you'll be there before the ones that aren't.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2023, 12:44:32 PM »
Yup either way ya still get to the same place you're gonna go so dead or alive I'm as ready as I know how to get. I have no fear of it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2023, 04:20:34 PM »
i am thinking you's  should re read john 3 :16 and concentrate on the  last 2 words  of that verse

Offline Dee

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2023, 04:42:16 PM »
i am thinking you's  should re read john 3 :16 and concentrate on the  last 2 words  of that verse

Why are you "thinkin that"? Enlightening me.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2023, 03:41:12 AM »

Why are you "thinkin that"? Enlightening me.
Jesus never said that the mass of people would go off to heaven .we were told in scripture that lifespans would dramatically be increased even to the point that death would be gone .hence John 3:16  .then from Bing
''John 3:16 is a Bible verse that summarizes one of Christianity’s central doctrines; the relationship between the Father (God) and the Son of God (Jesus). It reads “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

This verse is considered to be the core of Christianity. It is probably the best-known and most-memorized part of any holy text in human history. The verse is a one-sentence summary of the gospel, and the subject line of the entire Bible.
and yet peoples ignore ,to be in favor of going off to heaven'' .something that was never promised.
Earth is our home .its not a testing ground to see who qualifies to be taken off from it 

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2023, 04:10:59 AM »

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2023, 04:38:24 AM »
...Sure looks like we have awakened the sleeping insect ! 

lo·cust
noun
a large and mainly tropical grasshopper with strong powers of flight. It is usually solitary, but from time to time there is a population explosion, and it migrates in vast swarms that cause extensive damage to crops.
the large edible pod of some plants of the pea family, in particular the carob bean, which is said to resemble a locust.

..But then there is the Locust tree.. just sits there and never utters a sound..  Which are we referring to?
Revelation 9:4-6.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2023, 02:27:42 AM »
  Locust, why don't you just admit your affiliation ?  You claim that Jesus never said that a mass of people would go to heaven.  Only oine major cult insists that heaven will be here on earth..

6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

A major warning on hermeneutics..." context, always context."  So why do you suggest we concentrate upon only the ast two words of that verse?

Of course the mass of humanity will not go to heaven..

"13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.    (Matt 7:13,14)

However; It is not reserved only for 144,000 "elect" either ! 
   Jesus is preparing a place for us..and it is NOT on earth, since he said this while partaking of His "last supper" here on earth.. in the upper room !

..And it IS RESERVED for those who accpt Jesus as savior..and second part of God.  Father, Son and Holy Spirit..

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  (John 14:1-3)

Are you going to "man up"?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2023, 02:54:31 AM »
  Locust, why don't you just admit your affiliation ?  You claim that Jesus never said that a mass of people would go to heaven.  Only oine major cult insists that heaven will be here on earth..

6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

A major warning on hermeneutics..." context, always context."  So why do you suggest we concentrate upon only the ast two words of that verse?

"13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.    (Matt 7:13,14)

Jesus is preparing a place for us..and it is NOT on earth, since he said this while partaking of His "last supper" here on earth.. in the upper room !

..And it IS RESERVED for those who accpt Jesus as savior..and second part of God.  Father, Son and Holy Spirit..

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  (John 14:1-3)

Well,  that's "sorta right" , but short sighted to say the least. Christ WILL COME FOR THE CHURCH, but that's not the  SECOND  COMING. THEN a tribulation. Then He will come with the church and reign for a 1,000 years, at which time He will resurrect the dead who died without christ and all the lost will be brought before The White Throne of Judgement then cast into Hell and joining Satan there.

THEN! GOD WILL SET UP HIS KINGDOM ON "EARTH" AND HEAVEN PERMANENTLY.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2023, 03:00:00 AM »

Well,  that's "sorta right" , but short sighted to say the least. Christ WILL COME FOR THE CHURCH, but that's not the  SECOND  COMING. THEN a tribulation. Then He will come with the church and reign for a 1,000 years, at which time He will resurrect the dead who died without christ and all the lost will be brought before The White Throne of Judgement then cast into Hell and joining Satan there.

No difference here...I just curtailed it for Locust's understanding.

Offline Dee

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2023, 05:56:45 AM »
I think he understands better than you might think he does.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2023, 05:33:19 PM »

humm its kinda like ,you have read some others  ones mail and assumed it also applied to you.stop reading some others mail . we do know Jesus was talking to his select few. how many that would ultimately  include beyond the 12  was not reveled even to the 12 apostles .perhaps Jesus did not know at that time how many would be given positions in kingdom government . he did say In John 14:2, Jesus tells his disciples:

In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. (NIV)  how many is many rooms ? it seams to indicate there could be a  limited number, not billions + of rooms. one for ever person that. has lived on earth. so where are these people that that are alive and living forever as according to John 3:16?? hint,,,, Matthew 5:5

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2023, 05:42:33 PM »
perhaps you have read Isaiah 11:6? animals don't go the heaven . yet its says they will be at peace here on earth

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2023, 06:00:56 AM »
perhaps you have read Isaiah 11:6? animals don't go the heaven . yet its says they will be at peace here on earth

There will be peace on  earth...eventually.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2023, 06:32:04 AM »

There will be peace on  earth...eventually.
apparently by divine intervention

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2023, 07:19:18 AM »

Well,  that's "sorta right" , but short sighted to say the least. Christ WILL COME FOR THE CHURCH, but that's not the  SECOND  COMING. THEN a tribulation. Then He will come with the church and reign for a 1,000 years, at which time He will resurrect and all the lost will be brought before The White Throne of Judgement then cast into Hell and joining Satan there.

i do question the thoughts in bolden print . i have not read where it reads in scripture  "the dead who died without christ " there are in fact many that have false beliefs about the Christ ,that have died . is that just as bad as never having known who the christ is ? bible says the righteous and the unrighteous  will live again. not just to be judged but to learn  and make a choice ,live as a true Christion or stand against and die never to be remembered again.   

Offline Dee

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2023, 10:20:03 AM »

Well,  that's "sorta right" , but short sighted to say the least. Christ WILL COME FOR THE CHURCH, but that's not the  SECOND  COMING. THEN a tribulation. Then He will come with the church and reign for a 1,000 years, at which time He will resurrect and all the lost will be brought before The White Throne of Judgement then cast into Hell and joining Satan there.

i do question the thoughts in bolden print . i have not read where it reads in scripture  "the dead who died without christ " there are in fact many that have false beliefs about the Christ ,that have died . is that just as bad as never having known who the christ is ? bible says the righteous and the unrighteous  will live again. not just to be judged but to learn  and make a choice ,live as a true Christion or stand against and die never to be remembered again.

Read up on "The Bema Seat of Christ" 2nd Corinthians 5 10, & Romans 14 10, and then the very different "Great White Throne of Judgment"

You could start with Luke 16

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2023, 03:52:41 PM »

Read up on "The Bema Seat of Christ" 2nd Corinthians 5 10, & Romans 14 10, and then the very different "Great White Throne of Judgment"

i see that you are trying to understand . yes there are those that do go to heaven .they are a relatively small number compared to the number of people that will be living on earth . the first of these were the 12 that were selected by Jesus .as time were to go on more would be asked / invited to become members in the kingdom arrangement . even Jesus referred to them as a small group.
as for judgment no one is resurrected just to be killed  . just how long any  live before judgment is not known

Offline Dee

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2023, 04:06:52 PM »

i see that you are trying to understand . yes there are those that do go to heaven .they are a relatively small number compared to the number of people that will be living on earth . the first of these were the 12 that were selected by Jesus .as time were to go on more would be asked / invited to become members in the kingdom arrangement . even Jesus referred to them as a small group.
as for judgment no one is resurrected just to be killed  . just how long any  live before judgment is not known

Well, I've given you the truth. So your blood, and your confusion is on your own hands. Good luck.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2023, 02:17:24 AM »

Well, I've given you the truth. So your blood, and your confusion is on your own hands. Good luck.
ahhh you want to go to heaven .what would you do there? are you declaring your self to be of the elect of god? just what do those who do go to heaven do there ? Matthew 19:28 ,Luke 22:30,Revelation 2:26, 27, 1 Corinthians 6:3

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2023, 02:57:03 AM »
From Locust;

" ahhh you want to go to heaven .what would you do there? are you declaring your self to be of the elect of god? just what do those who do go to heaven do there ? Matthew 19:28 ,Luke 22:30,Revelation 2:26, 27, 1 Corinthians 6:3 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locust..why are you so hung up on the term "elect", while only one branch of Christian theology is greatly concerned with the term?

Please answer this one question for us...and a simple yes or no will do..

DO YOU BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD ?      ... Again; no deflections or field trips please, just a simple YES or NO will suffice !

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2023, 02:39:08 PM »
From Locust;

" ahhh you want to go to heaven .what would you do there? are you declaring your self to be of the elect of god? just what do those who do go to heaven do there ? Matthew 19:28 ,Luke 22:30,Revelation 2:26, 27, 1 Corinthians 6:3 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locust..why are you so hung up on the term "elect", while only one branch of Christian theology is greatly concerned with the term?

Please answer this one question for us...and a simple yes or no will do..

DO YOU BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD ?      ... Again; no deflections or field trips please, just a simple YES or NO will suffice !

the term ''elect'' denotes they are chosen even special to God's arrangement .the 12 were the first of those special ones  .
Jesus is a creation of God even the very first of his creative works. No Jesus is not God the almighty. it can be said that Jesus is mighty yet he is never referred to in the bible as being almighty .

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2023, 03:06:51 PM »

An insight is that you are not very well read concerning scripture, which is why your lacking "discernment". Otherwise, you would have known, and understood Luke 16 concerning dieing with, or without Christ.

It is difficult to stay interested in a discussion with someone who refuses to identify his church affiliation. One has no identity when they operate like you. Your like a coyote. A trickster, and a coward. Im not gonna waste any more time on silly games.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2023, 05:43:00 PM »

An insight is that you are not very well read concerning scripture, which is why your lacking "discernment". Otherwise, you would have known, and understood Luke 16 concerning dieing with, or without Christ.

It is difficult to stay interested in a discussion with someone who refuses to identify his church affiliation. One has no identity when they operate like you. Your like a coyote. A trickster, and a coward. Im not gonna waste any more time on silly games.
revelation 9:7  And in appearance the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; on their heads were what seemed to be crowns of gold, and their faces were like human faces, 8  but they had hair like women’s hair. And their teeth were like those of lions, 9  and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings was like the sound of horse-drawn chariots rushing into battle. 10 Also, they have tails with stingers like scorpions, and in their tails is their authority to hurt the people for five months.

the sting will do that to people .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2023, 01:59:08 AM »

By saying the below statements, he/she has identified their affiliation;

"Jesus is a creation of God even the very first of his creative works. No Jesus is not God the almighty."

AND...

"i see that you are trying to understand . yes there are those that do go to heaven .they are a relatively small number compared to the number of people that will be living on earth "

^^^YEAH^^^  144,000 ..to be exact !        Any more doubt Dee, where Locust is coming from?