Author Topic: Are you rapture ready?  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Are you rapture ready?
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2023, 02:12:52 AM »
I gave up on him. To ignore him, is to watch him disappear. He's a Troll, looking for a sucker.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2023, 07:06:48 AM »
  Locust, why don't you just admit your affiliation ?  You claim that Jesus never said that a mass of people would go to heaven.  Only oine major cult insists that heaven will be here on earth..

6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

A major warning on hermeneutics..." context, always context."  So why do you suggest we concentrate upon only the ast two words of that verse?

Of course the mass of humanity will not go to heaven..

"13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.    (Matt 7:13,14)

However; It is not reserved only for 144,000 "elect" either ! 
   Jesus is preparing a place for us..and it is NOT on earth, since he said this while partaking of His "last supper" here on earth.. in the upper room !

..And it IS RESERVED for those who accpt Jesus as savior..and second part of God.  Father, Son and Holy Spirit..

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  (John 14:1-3)

Are you going to "man up"?

Well,  that's "sorta right" , but short sighted to say the least. Christ WILL COME FOR THE CHURCH, but that's not the  SECOND  COMING. THEN a tribulation. Then He will come with the church and reign for a 1,000 years, at which time He will resurrect and all the lost will be brought before The White Throne of Judgement then cast into Hell and joining Satan there.

THEN! GOD WILL SET UP HIS KINGDOM ON "EARTH" AND HEAVEN PERMANENTLY.
i do question the thoughts in bolden print . i have not read where it reads in scripture  "the dead who died without christ " there are in fact many that have false beliefs about the Christ ,that have died . is that just as bad as never having known who the christ is ? bible says the righteous and the unrighteous  will live again. not just to be judged but to learn  and make a choice ,live as a true Christion or stand against and die never to be remembered again.

An insight is that you are not very well read concerning scripture, which is why your lacking "discernment". Otherwise, you would have known, and understood Luke 16 concerning dieing with, or without Christ.

It is difficult to stay interested in a discussion with someone who refuses to identify his church affiliation. One has no identity when they operate like you. Your like a coyote. A trickster, and a coward. Im not gonna waste any more time on silly games.

By saying the below statements, he/she has identified their affiliation;

"Jesus is a creation of God even the very first of his creative works. No Jesus is not God the almighty."

AND...

"i see that you are trying to understand . yes there are those that do go to heaven .they are a relatively small number compared to the number of people that will be living on earth "

^^^YEAH^^^  144,000 ..to be exact !        Any more doubt Dee, where Locust is coming from?
"Ridicule is the weapon often used when the quiver is found empty."  (Ironglow)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2023, 02:52:20 PM »
I gave up on him. To ignore him, is to watch him disappear. He's a Troll, looking for a sucker.
all i am asking is that you read the bible . all to many read with preconceived ideas  ,ingnoring things that are there but religion has miss interpreted. yes Jesus did tell his disciples that they would be with him in heaven .they would be part of the leadership in kingdom rule over the earth . who would they help rule over but the people on earth?   

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2023, 06:08:49 PM »
  Locust, why don't you just admit your affiliation ?  You claim that Jesus never said that a mass of people would go to heaven.  Only oine major cult insists that heaven will be here on earth..

6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

A major warning on hermeneutics..." context, always context."  So why do you suggest we concentrate upon only the ast two words of that verse?

Of course the mass of humanity will not go to heaven..

"13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.    (Matt 7:13,14)

However; It is not reserved only for 144,000 "elect" either ! 
   Jesus is preparing a place for us..and it is NOT on earth, since he said this while partaking of His "last supper" here on earth.. in the upper room !

..And it IS RESERVED for those who accpt Jesus as savior..and second part of God.  Father, Son and Holy Spirit..

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  (John 14:1-3)

Are you going to "man up"?

Well,  that's "sorta right" , but short sighted to say the least. Christ WILL COME FOR THE CHURCH, but that's not the  SECOND  COMING. THEN a tribulation. Then He will come with the church and reign for a 1,000 years, at which time He will resurrect and all the lost will be brought before The White Throne of Judgement then cast into Hell and joining Satan there.

THEN! GOD WILL SET UP HIS KINGDOM ON "EARTH" AND HEAVEN PERMANENTLY.
i do question the thoughts in bolden print . i have not read where it reads in scripture  "the dead who died without christ " there are in fact many that have false beliefs about the Christ ,that have died . is that just as bad as never having known who the christ is ? bible says the righteous and the unrighteous  will live again. not just to be judged but to learn  and make a choice ,live as a true Christion or stand against and die never to be remembered again.

An insight is that you are not very well read concerning scripture, which is why your lacking "discernment". Otherwise, you would have known, and understood Luke 16 concerning dieing with, or without Christ.

It is difficult to stay interested in a discussion with someone who refuses to identify his church affiliation. One has no identity when they operate like you. Your like a coyote. A trickster, and a coward. Im not gonna waste any more time on silly games.

By saying the below statements, he/she has identified their affiliation;

"Jesus is a creation of God even the very first of his creative works. No Jesus is not God the almighty."

AND...

"i see that you are trying to understand . yes there are those that do go to heaven .they are a relatively small number compared to the number of people that will be living on earth "

^^^YEAH^^^  144,000 ..to be exact !        Any more doubt Dee, where Locust is coming from?

No ridicule, just reasserting the obvious..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2023, 10:14:52 AM »
ahhh ,,,you dont believe in the resurrection

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2023, 10:25:41 AM »
JOB did . JOB 13: 13  O that in the Grave* you would conceal me,l
That you would hide me until your anger passes by,
That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!
14  If a man dies, can he live again?
I will wait all the days of my compulsory service
Until my relief comes.
15  You will call, and I will answer you.
You will long* for the work of your hands.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2023, 02:08:44 AM »
Until my relief comes.

Here, check a real commentary on (Job 14:13-15)...   https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/job-14/

Job knew little of God's plan.  He had no scripture..no real experience .  Verse 14a was a question, not a rhetorical statement.

So far as verse 14b..more credible translations put it this way, "14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come"

Job spoke of ..appointed time..till my change come..nothing about "compulsory service" or "relief" coming.

Interesting point... the translation you are using is a word for word, match of the Jehovah's Witnesses.. New World Translation.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2023, 03:49:25 AM »
Until my relief comes.

Here, check a real commentary on (Job 14:13-15)...   https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/job-14/

Job knew little of God's plan.  He had no scripture..no real experience .  Verse 14a was a question, not a rhetorical statement.

So far as verse 14b..more credible translations put it this way, "14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come"

Job spoke of ..appointed time..till my change come..nothing about "compulsory service" or "relief" coming.

Interesting point... the translation you are using is a word for word, match of the Jehovah's Witnesses.. New World Translation.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2023, 04:52:18 AM »
you cant stand the thought of the resurrection. is it because it takes away heaven ?

if there is no resurrection of the dead neither is there any salvation , it would of all been a lie .  i prefer to think its not a lie but a misunderstanding of the masses .
i know you have read of those that will be going to heaven. you have read the letters and you assume it applies to every one believing in Jesus. Jesus is the king ,he will rule over the whole earth the earth filled with people . you cant have every one going to heaven and the earth filled with people living for ever .
i am assuming you have heard of the 1000 year rule time period  .just who did you think he rules over?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2023, 05:50:21 PM »
you cant stand the thought of the resurrection. is it because it takes away heaven ?

What the dickens are you talking about? No Christian denies Jesus' resurrection, since it is a cornerstone of the faith..so what in blue blazes are you saying?

if there is no resurrection of the dead neither is there any salvation , it would of all been a lie .  i prefer to think its not a lie but a misunderstanding of the masses . 
   ..Or perhaps a misunderstanding by the JWs?

i know you have read of those that will be going to heaven. you have read the letters and you assume it applies to every one believing in Jesus. Jesus is the king ,he will rule over the whole earth the earth filled with people . you cant have every one going to heaven and the earth filled with people living for ever .
i am assuming you have heard of the 1000 year rule time period  .just who did you think he rules over?  Your eschatology is in dire need of help!

..Recommend you consult other than the JWs..

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2023, 03:17:19 AM »

What the dickens are you talking about? No Christian denies Jesus' resurrection, since it is a cornerstone of the faith..so what in blue blazes are you saying?

i am assuming you have heard of the 1000 year rule time period  .just who did you think he rules over?  Your eschatology is in dire need of help!

what do you believe is going to happen to those dead ?? will they live again?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2023, 06:57:03 AM »

i am assuming you have heard of the 1000 year rule time period  .just who did you think he rules o   Here..listen to th ever?  Your eschatology is in dire need of help!

All will live again, some to everlasting life in heaven, the others to everlasting perdition.  Here; listen to the late, great Billy Graham explain it.

He even bases this message on the book of Job, of which you mentioned earlier..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6TD10N2MA

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2023, 07:29:35 AM »

i am assuming you have heard of the 1000 year rule time period  .just who did you think he rules o   Here..listen to th ever?  Your eschatology is in dire need of help!

All will live again, some to everlasting life in heaven, the others to everlasting perdition.  Here; listen to the late, great Billy Graham explain it.

Billy Graham tells you what you want to hear and what he wants you to hear

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2023, 07:54:08 AM »

Billy Graham tells you what you want to hear and what he wants you to hear

....And we know of course, that the JWs would NEVER do that !   ;)  :D  ;D

Interesting to note though, almost all leading preachers and Christian universities agree with Billy..

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2023, 09:36:47 AM »

what happens to the earth ?

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2023, 10:11:13 AM »
LOCUST  isnt that one of the plagues we were warned about
blue lives matter
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2023, 11:00:08 AM »
Yeah and if you guys would quit feeding the pest it would go away. What I don't understand is why you keep feeding him. He isn't going to change his mind nor is he gonna change yours. So why feed him and keep him coming here to a place that has nothing for him but your arguments with him?

I guess some of you can resist anything but temptation.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2023, 05:02:42 PM »
It goes PFFT.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2023, 01:39:24 AM »
Yeah and if you guys would quit feeding the pest it would go away. What I don't understand is why you keep feeding him. He isn't going to change his mind nor is he gonna change yours. So why feed him and keep him coming here to a place that has nothing for him but your arguments with him?

Actually Bill, it is a kind of sport.  He** denied and still doesn't admit his Jehovahs witness affiliation.  Had to corner him with
    his own slip ups.

It amounts to a sort of "catch & release", sport.   ;)  ;D

** I addressed Locust as he,but his profile doesn't give any relevant information...so I am not sure.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2023, 03:18:13 AM »
It goes PFFT.
does it?? i am thinking thats not correct. matthew 5:5 ,
Psalm 37:29,Ecclesiastes 1:4

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2023, 03:23:39 AM »

Actually Bill, it is a kind of sport.  He** denied and still doesn't admit his Jehovahs witness affiliation.  Had to corner him with
    his own slip ups.

It amounts to a sort of "catch & release", sport.   ;)  ;D

** I addressed Locust as he,but his profile doesn't give any relevant information...so I am not sure.
for you its a good thing bigotry is not against the rules

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2023, 03:24:51 AM »
Yeah and if you guys would quit feeding the pest it would go away.

BINGO!  ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2023, 03:44:47 AM »
LOCUST  isn't that one of the plagues we were warned about
from the book revelation ?? that's kind of correct. the locust would be bothering people that were against the kingdom of God. the locust is actually on God's side .if you don't like it ,well,..... become a locust .