Author Topic: Can't figure it  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Can't figure it
« on: April 05, 2023, 03:32:47 PM »
Lots of people now predicting the
return of Christ any day now.
IIRC the last time I read the particular
passage I understood that nobody
on earth would know and He would
come like a thief in the night, but
when He did come, every person
would know
I see in a lot of places lately that
"all the signs are here.  . " and
" the seals have been revealed.  . "
etc. etc. etc.

I guess it's the same as people have
been saying for centuries
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Can't figure it
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 03:48:31 PM »
Yep! In the fifties my dad pointed out that those who were saying that usually were old and for them the end was near.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 05:09:03 PM »
Agreed. People like to talk about the gloom and doom, and to tell others they had better get ready like they themselves have.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:47:05 PM »
suffering aint even started
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 01:37:48 AM »
Lots of people now predicting the
return of Christ any day now.
IIRC the last time I read the particular
passage I understood that nobody
on earth would know and He would
come like a thief in the night, but
when He did come, every person
would know
I see in a lot of places lately that
"all the signs are here.  . " and
" the seals have been revealed.  . "
etc. etc. etc.

I guess it's the same as people have
been saying for centuries

Ranger...true nobody will know the day or hour.  (Mark 13:32-37)  .But some suspect we can have a sense of the season..

Jesus upbraided the pharisees for not discerning , "the signs of the times".  (Matt 16:2,3)

We are told specifically, to watch for His coming (Matt 24:42)

He said there would be "birth pangs" preceding His return, in fact the whole chapter of (Matt 24) is devoted to same.

One especially telling verse, is the parable of the fig tree (Matt 24:32-34).
    Israel is represented by the fig tree.  Back in the Old Testament, some prophets predicted that Israel would be disbursed among the nations, but at the end times they would be gathered together and reinstated in their homeland.  Example; (Amos 9:13-15)

Israel was reestablished in 1948..  Matthew said the generation who saw this, would not all be passed away, before Jesus' return.
   If we read (Matt 24:32-34) correctly, it could be close..

The church..that is, saved Christians who make up the church, are referrred to as "the bride of Christ"..  The parable of the ten bridesmaids, explains how we should not only watch for Him..but be ready for Him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the born again, saved Christian, there is no element of "doom and gloom" concerning His return, but rather joy, as promised by Him.

"2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14:2,3)

As I normally say..it's up to you..take it or trash it !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 02:43:33 AM »
There is a scripture that says Jerusalem would be in the hands of the gentiles for a season, and then return to the Jews.  Once that was done, it would be a generation.  Israel took back Jerusalem in 1967.  Sometimes a generation is 70 years in the Bible.  That would be 2037.  Also, it mentions the temple in the last days.  The temple has not been rebuilt, but could be in a matter of a few months once they start. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 03:00:03 AM »
God real message is BE READY, no matter what. He also says NOBODY BUT HIMSELF, knows, not even Christ.

Matthew Chapter 24 verse 36
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 02:52:59 PM »
There is a scripture that says Jerusalem would be in the hands of the gentiles for a season, and then return to the Jews.  Once that was done, it would be a generation.  Israel took back Jerusalem in 1967.  Sometimes a generation is 70 years in the Bible.  That would be 2037.  Also, it mentions the temple in the last days.  The temple has not been rebuilt, but could be in a matter of a few months once they start.
interesting , how would it figure using a 360 day year ?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2023, 05:21:09 AM »
  There is always the possibility that he was speaking of..before everyone born before May 14, 1948 is gone...

Quote; " On May 14th, 1948, Prime Minister David Ben Gurion read the ‘Declaration of Independence of the State of Israel’. "

Not surprisingly, Isaiah predicted that the new Israel would be born in one day;

"
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.  (Isaiah 66:8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..And of course, Ezekiel, Amos and others prophesied the new Israel, established in 1948;

"21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.   (Ezek 37:21,22)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 08:29:24 AM »
  There is always the possibility that he was speaking of..before everyone born before May 14, 1948 is gone...

Quote; " On May 14th, 1948, Prime Minister David Ben Gurion read the ‘Declaration of Independence of the State of Israel’. "

Not surprisingly, Isaiah predicted that the new Israel would be born in one day;

"
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.  (Isaiah 66:8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..And of course, Ezekiel, Amos and others prophesied the new Israel, established in 1948;

"21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.   (Ezek 37:21,22)

God/Christ didn't mention May 14th 1948, so i don't choose to deflect from scripture (God's Word) and "speculate" on what He "might have  meant" in contrast of what He actually said?

Matthew Chapter 24 verses 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
verse 36 but of that day and hour KNOWETH NO MAN, not the angels of heaven, BUT MY FATHER ONLY.

Nuthin cryptic in those two verses. Pretty straightforward in fact. .

1st Timothy Chapter 6 verse 4 addresses such surmizeings. Adding leaven to the loaf/message and spoiling the messages its sometimes referred to.

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 10:31:52 AM »
The Bible does say that when Jerusalem returns to the Jews, it would be a generation that all things would be fulfilled.  Of course, the Temple hasn't been rebuilt.  When it is, the end will be near.  We can know the season, but not the day nor time. 
Opelika Portal

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023, 11:46:36 AM »
i do find it odd that God gives a rip about  Israel .they killed the christ and still refuse to believe he came . if  Israel is so great then whats the prepose in being Christion? from what i have heard  Israel does not like Christians  . could the temple  be some sort of sign post ?? i dont know . how ever there is Matthew 21:43

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2023, 12:18:23 PM »
i do find it odd that God gives a rip about  Israel .they killed the christ and still refuse to believe he came . if  Israel is so great then whats the prepose in being Christion? from what i have heard  Israel does not like Christians  . could the temple  be some sort of sign post ?? i dont know . how ever there is Matthew 21:43

Locust..you seem about as lost as the average locust..  The Jews did not kill Christ..You, me and everyone else killed him by our sins !

For statement #2  read your Bible;

“For you [Israel] are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6).

We (Christians) are grafted in...

Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, He provided you continue in His kindness. Otherwise for you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.  (Romans 11:22,23)

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2023, 12:54:45 PM »

Locust..you seem about as lost as the average locust..  The Jewsdid not kill Christ..You, me and everyone else killed him by our sins !

For statement #2  read your Bible;

“For you [Israel] are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6).

We (Christians) are grafted in...

Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, He provided you continue in His kindness. Otherwise for you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.  (Romans 11:22,23)

Scripture (Gods Word) states clearly who killed Christ, and it was indeed THE JEW, and once again,  therei is NOTHING CRYPTIC in the scripture that says otherwise.  ::)

1st Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 14 & 15. 14. For years bretheren,  became followers of the churches of God which in Judea are in Christ Jesus: for years also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the JEWS
15. Who both killed the Lord Jesus,  and their own prophets , and have persecuted us; and they (the jews) please not God,  and are contrary to all men.

Matthew Chapter 27 verses 11 through 24.

The JEW not only killed Christ,  but denied Him being whom He said He was,  and still deny Him to this very day.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2023, 03:03:26 PM »
Yeah, all the posts are pretty much
what I was getting at

Many many many many people that
profess belief in Christ and the Holy
Bible seem unable to accept things
in scripture as written, and try to either
find and/or come up with an unneeded
explanation for them.
One I remember well was years ago
when the initial dissenter was trying to
"interpret " what was meant by demons
in various scriptures. It doesn't need
interpreting or decoding,  they're evil
supernatural beings. Just because you
don't see one on the evening national
news, doesn't mean you don't have a
dozen in the kitchen cabinet
God says they exist- they're real

Like many other non-religious things
today. People make their life's work
trying to explain things that need no
explanation
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2023, 03:44:05 PM »
One should be ready to die, and what follows every day; waiting for or fearing Jesus return is silly.

Matthew 6:34
Wycliffe Bible

34 Therefore do not ye be busy into the morrow, for the morrow shall be busy to itself; for it sufficeth to the day his own malice.

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »
Maybe I'm not supposed to understand it;

You all are discussing the Second Coming as if it's imminent, and you HAVE to prepare for your own demise and resurrection, because it's going to happen by the end of this year.

But in this thread, (now locked);  https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=305082.0  you all call into question the validity of scriptures, which would also call in to question the validity of ALL scripture.  After all, if verses can be left out, they can also be edited BY MAN, to alter the entire context.  (This is why I'm an agnostic.)

Like I said.....maybe I'm not supposed to understand it.....Roger

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2023, 04:35:21 PM »
Yeah, all the posts are pretty much
what I was getting at

Many many many many people that
profess belief in Christ and the Holy
Bible seem unable to accept things
in scripture as written, and try to either
find and/or come up with an unneeded
explanation for them.
One I remember well was years ago
when the initial dissenter was trying to
"interpret " what was meant by demons
in various scriptures. It doesn't need
interpreting or decoding,  they're evil
supernatural beings. Just because you
don't see one on the evening national
news, doesn't mean you don't have a
dozen in the kitchen cabinet
God says they exist- they're real

Like many other non-religious things
today. People make their life's work
trying to explain things that need no
explanation

Exactly.

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2023, 04:38:55 PM »

You all are discussing the Second Coming as if it's imminent, and you HAVE to prepare for your own demise and resurrection, because it's going to happen by the end of this year.

But in this thread, (now locked);  https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=305082.0  you all call into question the validity of scriptures, which would also call in to question the validity of ALL scripture.  After all, if verses can be left out, they can also be edited BY MAN, to alter the entire context.  (This is why I'm an agnostic.)

I personally didn't say any such thing that Christ's return was eminent. In fact, i said the opposite. This is  what happens when someone tries to ADD TO what God actually said. Perhaps your trying to figure out what is meant, when you should be trying to focus on what is being said. Also,  speculation by others can add confusion to the issue. ;)

Online Mule 11

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 01:05:55 AM »
My Bil is a antagonistic agnostic. Just another way of saying atheist IMO... He’s also a demented leftist whacko...

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2023, 01:14:20 AM »

We  don't ALL think it has to be imminent, but we should be ready, since Jesus' return will likely come when least expected.... "as a thief in the night" (1 Thess 5:2) .   Like the ten virgins..5 will have their lamps ready and trimmed..5 will be caught wanting.

We cannot know "the day and the hour"  but we should be reading "the signs of the times"  (Matt 24:1-14)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2023, 02:06:51 AM »
From Dee;
"Scripture (Gods Word) states clearly who killed Christ, and it was indeed THE JEW, and once again,  therei is NOTHING CRYPTIC in the scripture that says otherwise.  ::)

1st Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 14 & 15. 14. For years bretheren,  became followers of the churches of God which in Judea are in Christ Jesus: for years also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the JEWS
15. Who both killed the Lord Jesus,  and their own prophets , and have persecuted us; and they (the jews) please not God,  and are contrary to all men.

The JEW not only killed Christ,  but denied Him being whom He said He was,  and still deny Him to this very day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Dee, but I beg to differ..

While it is true that the Jews persecuted Christians in the first century, and some even to today.  Paul, when he was Saul, was among the most avid persecutors of believers!  ...And we all know his story.  ..But all kinds of people, Hindus, Nazis, Communists, etc, etc, over the centuries have persecuted Christians.

On that fateful day, the pharisees brought a mob to call for Jesus' death, but Pilate was still governor in Judea..and held absolute power.
  His wife warned him not to persecute Jesus (Matt 27:19)..but he feared the crowd, more than his wife, so he (a Roman)condemned Jesus.

"26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified. (Matt 27:26)

OK , so Pilate condemned him and handed him over..vs 27-34 explain how the Roman soldiers beat and tortured Him..and in vs 35..they crucified
    him.

The Roman Soldiers were present and in charge as he died..
    46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.(Luke 23:46-47)

Despite that..who killed Jesus?  Our sins killed Him..

"4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: (Gal 1:4)

" 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;  (Hebrews 10:12)

Clearly; if we refuse to believe that Jesus died for OUR sins..then we can never be forgiven OUR sins..

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2023, 02:22:08 AM »
From Dee;
"Scripture (Gods Word) states clearly who killed Christ, and it was indeed THE JEW, and once again,  therei is NOTHING CRYPTIC in the scripture that says otherwise.  ::)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Dee, but I beg to differ..

While it is true that the Jews persecuted Christians in the first century, and some even to today.  Paul, when he was Saul, was among the most avid persecutors of believers!  ...And we all know his story.  ..But all kinds of people, Hindus, Nazis, Communists, etc, etc, over the centuries have persecuted Christians.

On that fateful day, the pharisees brought a mob to call for Jesus' death, but Pilate was still governor in Judea..and held absolute power.
  His wife warned him not to persecute Jesus (Matt 27:19)..but he feared the crowd, more than his wife, so he (a Roman)condemned Jesus.

"26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified. (Matt 27:26)

OK , so Pilate condemned him and handed him over..vs 27-34 explain how the Roman soldiers beat and tortured Him..and in vs 35..they crucified
    him.

The Roman Soldiers were present and in charge as he died..
    46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.(Luke 23:46-47)

Despite that..who killed Jesus?  Our sins killed Him..

"4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: (Gal 1:4)

" 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;  (Hebrews 10:12)

Clearly; if we refuse to believe that Jesus died for OUR sins..then we can never be forgiven OUR sins..

you would like to believe your sins are forgiven but you are still going to die. umm you have a problem

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2023, 02:40:33 AM »
  From Locust;

" you would like to believe your sins are forgiven but you are still going to die. umm you have a problem".

" Born once, die twice..born twice, die once.."  Check with a 3rd grade Christian Sunday School student, for an explanation..

Here's a clue;

"3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
  (John 3:3)

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2023, 03:00:57 AM »
My Bil is a antagonistic agnostic. Just another way of saying atheist IMO... He’s also a demented leftist whacko...

Well, I don't DENY the existance of a God, (as we refer to Him.)  I just don't believe in one, quite probably thanks to the perversion of religion by man.

FWIW;  I consider myself a passive.  I recognize that ANY society, no matter the size, needs something to believe in, and "we" choose to believe in an almighty powerful, omnipotent entity a couple thousand years ago.  For me to attempt to alter that would be an attempt to destroy the very basis of a society.  I'm not interested in persueing such a goal.

If I'm wrong, then I guess you all can hold me up as an example of how NOT to be.

Roger

Online Mule 11

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2023, 04:21:55 AM »

Well, I don't DENY the existance of a God, (as we refer to Him.)  I just don't believe in one, quite probably thanks to the perversion of religion by man.

FWIW;  I consider myself a passive.  I recognize that ANY society, no matter the size, needs something to believe in, and "we" choose to believe in an almighty powerful, omnipotent entity a couple thousand years ago.  For me to attempt to alter that would be an attempt to destroy the very basis of a society.  I'm not interested in persueing such a goal.

If I'm wrong, then I guess you all can hold me up as an example of how NOT to be.

Roger

Nahh, I just want to force you and yours to wear a mask in public, shut down business that I deem to be unessential, force you to take dangerous unproven shots with no safety data sheet and lock you and yours down in your home so I know where to find you when the train to auschwitz is ready “ to protect me from you “ :)

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2023, 09:35:54 AM »
Nahh, I just want to force you and yours to wear a mask in public, shut down business that I deem to be unessential, force you to take dangerous unproven shots with no safety data sheet and lock you and yours down in your home so I know where to find you when the train to auschwitz is ready “ to protect me from you “ :)

OK.....now I'm confused.  What, exactly, does this response have to do with religion, and the existance, (or non-existance), of God, and/or the possible future events of the Book of Revelations, as intended in the thread?

Roger

Online Mule 11

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2023, 12:19:47 PM »

OK.....now I'm confused.  What, exactly, does this response have to do with religion, and the existance, (or non-existance), of God, and/or the possible future events of the Book of Revelations, as intended in the thread?

Roger
Of course your confused...
Why should a agnostic care?

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2023, 12:44:21 PM »
  From Locust;

" you would like to believe your sins are forgiven but you are still going to die. umm you have a problem".

" Born once, die twice..born twice, die once.."  Check with a 3rd grade Christian Sunday School student, for an explanation..

Here's a clue;

"3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
  (John 3:3)

born again?? yes a person would have to start over ,all concepts that are ingrained in the thoughts of man would have to be discovered as a child learns /discovers new things.

Online Mule 11

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2023, 01:36:03 PM »

Well, probably thanks to the perversion FWIW;  I consider myself a passive. no matter the size, I'm not interested in persueing such a goal. I'm wrong, an example of how NOT to be.

Roger

So, how do you like my editing? :)