Author Topic: proud of my county this morning  (Read 252 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: proud of my county this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 12:45:59 AM »
   Good for them; now is the time to go for full "constitutional county".   It is quite clear, the UP bears no political resemblance to
  places like Detroit, Flint or Lansing...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 10:54:12 PM »
but the largest county in the up is a festering liberal sanctuary. actually its almost like the state. the biggest town Marquette is a liberal college town and controls the vote for the whole county. they actually brag and have road side billboards bragging there the most liberal college in michigan
   Good for them; now is the time to go for full "constitutional county".   It is quite clear, the UP bears no political resemblance to
  places like Detroit, Flint or Lansing...
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 12:19:59 AM »
  Sadly, we have one instance of the same here.  Tompkins county is a lone blue county in the south /central portion of our state.
  It is a sparsely populated county, but has 2 universities located in the only town of size in the county.

Both Cornell and Ithaca universities are located in Ithaca.  Yes, Ithaca, where those great shotguns were manufactured for many years,
   starting in 1880.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline GTS225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 02:54:05 AM »
but the largest county in the up is a festering liberal sanctuary. actually its almost like the state. the biggest town Marquette is a liberal college town and controls the vote for the whole county. they actually brag and have road side billboards bragging there the most liberal college in michigan

I suggest that this is nothing for them to crow about.  If not already happening, the "liberal" label is soon to be reviled across the nation.

Roger

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 06:37:41 AM »
  ...I sure don't see that the fact that both Cornell and Ithaca Us are located in Tompkins county, uis anything to crow about.

i was only trying to explain why a sparsely populated county is nauseatingly blue, among a sea of red counties...