Author Topic: LEE 7/8 OZ SLUGS & TRACKER II====>SURPRISE!!!  (Read 751 times)

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
LEE 7/8 OZ SLUGS & TRACKER II====>SURPRISE!!!
« on: March 23, 2004, 03:06:36 PM »
I got to shoot this AM before going to a job (I work on an on call basis, kinda...)
My Lyman 525 gr (actually 510gr) slugs and the improved Foster slugs I got from BP seem to group ok, but all seem to pull to the left, even with the rear sight most of the way over.....and then with the elevation near  max up to hit even with the bull at 50 yds.....

I got a LEE 7/8 oz slug mold in Dec. that I thought I'd try. Lee wrote back in reply to my request for a BC for their slug, saying that they didn't have it worked up, and that for the most part the 7/8 oz slug was not accurate at all, most people opt for the  1 oz slug.....which is not very accurate either.....? huh? :?:
I remember people  on the old site saying that their tests with the LEE slug did not work out well at all......

I have to tell you though, that I was pretty impressed with what I thought was going to be a load I'd quit  after 5 rounds......
My 1st 5 rounds groups 2 ", 8" high......at 50 yds.....
After I adjusted the sight WAY down......I got this target!!!!!
I'm very impressed considering what I've been going through to find the load that I want.....Don't forget that today was very windy in the AM...The last round I had in the box hit near dead on, 1" high during a calm moment.....

Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
LEE 7/8 OZ SLUGS & TRACKER II====>SU
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 03:34:37 PM »
Thats a sweet first group offhand35, especially in the wind!! I always new you had it in you. Now get out there when it's not cold and windy and do it again. I can hardly wait to see the next target....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
LEE 7/8 OZ SLUGS & TRACKER II====>SU
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 03:21:21 AM »
Nice group...Keep up the good work.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense