Author Topic: Debt ceiling  (Read 447 times)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Debt ceiling
« on: May 18, 2023, 05:14:19 AM »
      Will McCarthy cave in and water down his Bill  before default   , He will IMO .

Offline gypsyman

Re: Debt ceiling
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 05:43:31 AM »
I can't figure out how grown, supposedly educated adults', keep raising the limit, and have done it for decade's. I can understand in say a wartime economy, how or why. The more they push, the more cynical I get, about it being done on purpose. I have to believe, their doing it so that this country has an economic crash. I wonder if they believe, that they can ''takeover'' when/if that happens? Takeover what?
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 06:12:13 AM »
 The takeover is already in motion , Digital currency, climate change & Border crisis  just to list a few , all play a part in it .  the takeover is Global not just confined to the U.S.A. Its going to get interesting when  interest on the national debt  exceeds  the  tax resources of the Federal Government .

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 06:16:25 AM »

It's what republicans do.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 06:33:02 AM »

I just dont put much confidence in McCarthy , We needed a Rand Paul  for  Majority leader .

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 09:13:05 AM »
No worries, we can always pay off the debt with bit coins, gold certificates and various confiscated property titles.  The printing presses still work too.
Swingem

Online DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 02:43:14 PM »

Yep! Its what they do. They want money to spend to buy votes too.  No doubt in my mind the republicans will cave.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn