Author Topic: The cheese plant progressing..  (Read 296 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
The cheese plant progressing..
« on: June 05, 2023, 03:04:22 AM »
  Started last year, this Great Lakes Cheese plant is coming right along.  Just needs mor exterior building on the far (north) end.  Then of course, starts the interior and exterior accoutrements. 

I see it as a bit over 1/4 mile long, and near that deep in some places..  I live 3 miles north, about center of the photo..near the horizon.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: The cheese plant progressing..
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 03:11:51 AM »
Haven't went over to look at it, but one of the really big dairies here in the Texas panhandle is building an equally large cheese factory next door. Don't know when its supposed to be completed.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 03:17:28 AM »
Great Lakes is building a distribution center near Abilene..  Will have to check for one in the panhandle.

https://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/18635-great-lakes-cheese-breaks-ground-on-texas-plant

The above distribution center will cost $184 million , and employ 500, the one here, being manufacturing , will cost over $600 million, but still
    employ about 500.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 03:19:34 AM »
This one's over by Sunray.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 03:26:25 AM »
Different company, but a biggie being built near Lubbock..  Making Mozzarella cheese.  Tied in with Fox dairy in Plainview..

https://www.kcbd.com/2022/06/16/leprino-foods-breaks-ground-1-billion-cheese-plant-east-lubbock/

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 03:32:13 AM »
Double cheeseburgers, Mac and cheese, 4 layered cheese pizza, cheese and fries, AAAGH-the list goes on!! It's 9:30am and I'm already hungry!! :P
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 03:39:58 AM »
     Just what this country needs more Gubmint cheese .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 03:42:07 AM »
I like cheese, cheese, any kind of cheese... but cheddar will always remain #1 with me..  The curds are great also...

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2023, 06:08:52 AM »
     Just what this country needs more Gubmint cheese .
Late 70's thru the 80's, one of my fishing partners, was a union bricklayer. When there wasn't any work, the hall he belonged to would get blocks of ''Gubmint'' cheese. I remember him bringing out a couple over the years. Pretty darn good cheese as I remember it.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman