Author Topic: No surprise..some people think Communism is worthwhile..  (Read 375 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
No surprise..some people think Communism is worthwhile..
« on: June 06, 2023, 11:54:47 AM »
  Most of us are surprised to fiund that some can't even tell a man from a woman, or even know what a woman is.

Following through... Perhaps these are the brilliant ones who fall for these crazy notions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG92wMoJypc&t=25s
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: No surprise..some people think Communism is worthwhile..
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »
Blame it on the parents AND THE TEACHERS. They'll be in charge soon. Back before I retired 30 years ago, folks would read the paper and ask me. Are kids in gangs really that bad?

I always toldem: Wait'll you see their kids.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 02:00:43 PM »
Blame it on the parents AND THE TEACHERS. They'll be in charge soon. Back before I retired 30 years ago, folks would read the paper and ask me. Are kids in gangs really that bad?

I always toldem: Wait'll you see their kids.

^^^THAT^^^   A strong element of truth, right there !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 02:17:45 PM »
That is a result of our education system. Keep the citizens ignorant. Minus those simple questions like they were asked, they would have no idea what the constitution or the bill of rights are. If people don't know what their rights are, they are easily taken away. Don't have to ask people questions to see their ignorance. The people that are elected shine a bright light on the growing ignorance. Huge mistake giving government control of our education system. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 02:31:11 PM »
I somewhat disagree
IMO more of enabling and making excuses

Schools are for educating kids
parents are supposed to be raising them
and teaching morals and courtesy

It's all gotten intermingled because of
laziness on both sides

Oh well.  . . .
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 04:03:47 PM »
  I never can avoid being amazed to see just how ignorant some people are..

They can't name 3 countries out of 196, can't name the 2 countries that border the US, so very ignorant..but they can name all the Kardashians..

Still, they seem to be happy..  There is an old saying which says...."ignorance is bliss".

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 12:49:44 AM »
Schools are for educating kids
parents are supposed to be raising them
and teaching morals and courtesy …

Yes. It is worth noting that a child spends vastly more time out of school than in. Most of the important “stuff” is the raising that is supposed to be happening at home. Is this happening? How many children are surrounded by a nurturing environment at home. I mean food for the mind not just the belly. Many times, visiting friends, I am struck by how sterile the rooms are. Not a book in sight.
Look around your own home. How many books can you see from where you are standing or sitting? (I know that I am old-fashioned with this idea since the cellphone/laptop/ipad has taken away much of the power of literature.) Still……how many kids read? How many adults read as a habit of either learning or relaxation?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 12:16:36 PM »
From my seat in front of my computer I can see perhaps a couple dozen books. My library is in the living room, it contains many hundreds of books. I have a few hundred more in the attic cuz I don't have room for my full library in the book shelves which stretch about 24' or so along one wall.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 12:20:51 PM »
I have half a dozen within view. My children have many books on loan from the library on a regular basis... If only that were the norm, aye?