Author Topic: Here we go again.  (Read 570 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Here we go again.
« on: June 16, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »
In case some of you missed it, the idiot in the White House now is going after "high powered" firearms. Not only that, but the moron even gave the reason why gun dealers sell them.  To make more money.  Imagine that.
Swingem

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Here we go again.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 04:22:17 PM »
Maybe it'll come to nothing
Who knows anymore  ?

Too many have rode the fence for
too many years now
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 04:59:39 PM »
Precisely why I believe the firearms industry, as a whole, should stop selling anything to those entities that do this crap.  Secret Service?.....the president doesn't like automatic weapons, then sorry, we have nothing to sell you.  New York city?.....don't care for "high capacity" magazines?.....guess what your police force is getting with the next weapons purchase.

You all get where I'm going.  Ban something, and your LEO's don't get it either.

Roger
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 06:04:37 PM »
In case some of you missed it, the idiot in the White House now is going after "high powered" firearms. Not only that, but the moron even gave the reason why gun dealers sell them.  To make more money.  Imagine that.

got a link?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 01:28:59 AM »

A clear indication that lefty government has bad plans for us !  When was the last time a drive-by shooting, a mob hit or a some politiciuan was rubbed out with a .450 Bushmaster, a 45/70, a .458 Winchester, a .375 H&H or a .50 BMG ?

Either that, or he is once again demonstrating his ignorance of guns !  ..But then, his speeches are written for him, so perhaps the ignorance is
  contagious !

As a side note, Lincoln was shot with a cap & ball, Garfield with a H&R .32, and we almost lost a great one to a Rohm .22, in Hinkley's hands..

..And certainly the 6.5 Carcano that took JFK out, is scarcely considered to be "high powered" when compared to trly high powered rifles.

The simple fact is that it doesn't take a great deal of power to kill somebody !      https://apo.org.au/node/70538

https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,914890,00.html
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 04:14:02 AM »

got a link?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2023/06/16/remarks-by-president-biden-at-the-national-safer-communities-summit/

"Folks, it’s time once again that we banned AR-15 rifle-style weapon.  (Applause.)  High-capacity magazines — they’re not only a weapon of war, they’re the single biggest driver of profits for the gun industry.  That’s why they’re selling them.  Profit, profit, profit.  The single biggest."

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 05:13:21 AM »
Tell me Shagnasty, when was the last time you saw a truck pull up to a curb, and start selling firearms to anyone with some coin in their pocket, or wait for them to go rob a liquor store and bring some cash for the sidewalk sale?

Your President made such a glorious speech for you and other dreamers to boast about. Like saying Gun Manufacturers are selling them for profit, and should be liable if someone is killed with one of theirs. Imagine that...For profit.

Say, do you think that Hammer or wrench manufacturer should be liable for their tools if someone kills another with them?
Check this out......
Number of murder victims in the United States in 2021, by weapon used
Characteristic   Number of murder victims
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.)*   461
Rifles   447
Other guns   277
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.)   243

Lets go after Home Depot, Lowes or a host of small hardware stores across America for selling these weapons of mass destruction. After all it's their fault, not some deranged person who more than likely grew up in a ghetto without a Father in the home.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 06:50:17 AM »
Tell me Shagnasty, when was the last time you saw a truck pull up to a curb, and start selling firearms to anyone with some coin in their pocket, or wait for them to go rob a liquor store and bring some cash for the sidewalk sale?

Your President made such a glorious speech for you and other dreamers to boast about. Like saying Gun Manufacturers are selling them for profit, and should be liable if someone is killed with one of theirs. Imagine that...For profit.

Say, do you think that Hammer or wrench manufacturer should be liable for their tools if someone kills another with them?
Check this out......
Rifles   447
Other guns   277

Lets go after Home Depot, Lowes or a host of small hardware stores across America for selling these weapons of mass destruction. After all it's their fault, not some deranged person who more than likely grew up in a ghetto without a Father in the home.

got a link?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2023/06/16/remarks-by-president-biden-at-the-national-safer-communities-summit/

"Folks, it’s time once again that we banned AR-15 rifle-style weapon.  (Applause.)  High-capacity magazines — they’re not only a weapon of war, they’re the single biggest driver of profits for the gun industry.  That’s why they’re selling them.  Profit, profit, profit.  The single biggest."

Did I miss sumthin here? Was Shaggy agreeing with Biden, or just quoting his goofyness? :-\
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 09:19:13 AM »

Check this out......
Rifles   447
Other guns   277

got a link?

Did I miss sumthin here? Was Shaggy agreeing with Biden, or just quoting his goofyness? :-\

No, didn't miss nothing. I posted a link to SloJoe's speech and quoted the part that was relevant to the question asked.

Don't know who pissed in nwhunter"s oatmeal this morning and don't really care

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 09:40:51 AM »

Check this out......
Rifles   447
Other guns   277

got a link?

No, didn't miss nothing. I posted a link to SloJoe's speech and quoted the part that was relevant to the question asked.

Ok, I'd read through the link and thats what I thought you meant.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 11:20:04 AM »

Check this out......
Rifles   447
Other guns   277

got a link?

My sincere apology's for misreading your reply Mr Shaggy! And btw, my Grits (Not oatmeal) did taste a little salty this morn. 
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2023, 11:33:02 AM »

got a link?

Thanks, gene

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 04:45:07 PM »
The Second Amendment as interpreted by Joe Brandon: The right to keep and have bare arms shall not be infringed.
Swingem

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2023, 04:49:22 PM »
And over 100,000 die from drug overdoses each year.  Drugs are ok with liberals, especially those that come across the border.  I've read more people die from boating accidents fishing than with guns, so we should outlaw boats.  Cars too, what about 40,000 die each year from cars so we need to outlaw cars.  Over, 200,000 die each year from mistakes made by doctors or nurses.  So we need to outlaw doctors and nurses.  Guns aren't a problem, criminals are. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2023, 04:51:24 PM »
I don't pay much attention to Josephina. He can say what he wants. I can't stop him from that. The real decision is whether you go along with it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2023, 04:47:35 AM »
So, Shaggy quotes Joey !    "Folks, it’s time once again that we banned AR-15 rifle-style weapon.  (Applause.)  High-capacity magazines — they’re not only a weapon of war, they’re the single biggest driver of profits for the gun industry.  That’s why they’re selling them.  Profit, profit, profit.  The single biggest."   

Truth to be known, Joey should not be "going after" any firearms, since that is not his right.  The second amendment is STILL part of our Constitution.
   Here is one of the most stupid women I have seen in several months.  About 1 minute into the video, the interviewer speaks with this brain-dead clown.
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMCh1Rfq9fs&t=74s

First off, she is "eat up" with white guilt, evidently having been brainwashed in some school-for-boneheads.  Then she goes on to say that Colorado is the place where most mass shootings have taken place..

Is she living under a rock?  Has she never heard of places like Chicago, Baltimore or other cities, which have far more mass shootings than her whole state.
  Here is where the mass shootings are happening, and Colorado doesn't even rate a dot on the map.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shootings-days-2023-database-shows/story?id=96609874
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)