Author Topic: Texas Secession From The Divided States  (Read 249 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Texas Secession From The Divided States
« on: June 22, 2023, 02:53:19 AM »
"Texit Bill" being considered again. Putting it out for Texans to vote on, it has a chance. Our state constitution says we can.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3886527-texas-lawmaker-files-texit-bill-to-spur-vote-on-exploring-secession-from-us/
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Texas Secession From The Divided States
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 03:20:53 AM »
    I hate to bust your bubble ,but that will never happen .

Offline moamonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 08:57:51 AM »
Whoa! Can I come?

I’ll bring my own ammo…

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 08:58:39 AM »

I don't have a bubble, but if the Divided States don't get their dokie together it just might happen. The Texas constitution says we can.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 09:22:42 AM »

I don't have a bubble, but if the Divided States don't get their dokie together it just might happen. The Texas constitution says we can.
  I dont believe the Federal Government will turn over all the Military bases to Texas , also is Texas going to pick up the tab for all  older citizens drawing Social Security not to mention Medicare an dont forget  EBT  benefits .  What will  the new  Texas currency be , old Confederate money .

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 09:50:54 AM »

I dont believe the Federal Government will turn over all the Military bases to Texas , also is Texas going to pick up the tab for all  older citizens drawing Social Security not to mention Medicare an dont forget  EBT  benefits .  What will  the new  Texas currency be , old Confederate money .

Texas sends about 80 billion dollars to the federal government each year and gets way less than half that back in aid. It has a GDP of 2.4 trillion dollars a year, and is the 9th largest economy in the world. We would be fine.
The Divided States of America is an economic drag on Texas.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 09:59:42 AM »
 tell you what ill do. If texas secedes in the next two years ill give you 500 bucks if they dont you give me a hundred. ive been hearing tis over and over and over again on here for near 20 years. It aint happening at least in our lifetimes. Bottom line is there like everywhere else the rich and powerful will decide for you based on what is most profitable. we here the same bs up here. theres always someone sreeming we should secede from michigan because were not even connected by land with lower michigan. same bs different people. all nonsense. ill believe it when abbot comes on tv and announces it.
blue lives matter

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 11:11:49 AM »
Same thing in Oregon where the east part of the state would like to seceed and join Idaho. While I'd support that, it will never happen here either.  I'd like to see the cities go hungry, greed would prevent that from happening. AND if it did happen the rich would just get richer.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 11:19:14 AM »
Same thing in Oregon where the west part of the state would like to seceed and join Idaho. While I'd support that, it will never happen here either.  I'd like to see the cities go hungry, greed would prevent that from happening. AND if it did happen the rich would just get richer.

Most likely your right, but its pleasant to daydream about, ain't it?
Occasionally it comes up in the Texas house, and it's tossed around with the idea of putting it on the ballot during state elections. I think the Texas State House likes to daydream about it to, but are afraid that if they put it on the ballot it would pass.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 12:32:46 PM »
    Even though Texas has a special claim for a gripe, secession by any state would be very difficult and costly..  A whole new government would have to be set up and international relations generated.

Then there would be tariffs and other considerations.  Texas is fortunate, in that it is a border state and has ocean ports.  A state such as Kansas, Missouri or Colorado would have more difficulty, trying to maintain any sovereignty, being land locked and dependent upon the other 49 for
  international commerce.
  Then of course, being a state that borders Latin America, raises another, costly problem.  ..But of course, a common, woven fences with minefield between, could settle that..

I have dreamed of a western New York and western Pennsylvania, forming a new entity, without secession from the US..but even that is a high
    hurdle to accomplish.   

One interesting idea that was gaining traction in recent years, was Manitoba, joining the US.  ..But withthe recent craziness of both US and
   Canadian leaders, it looks like those efforts are on hold.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2023, 12:47:41 PM »
I think the day of rulers/kings/Czars selling or ceeding property to another country for $ or whatever is long gone except in Russia/Ukraine.