Author Topic: Required by law  (Read 856 times)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Required by law
« on: June 30, 2023, 09:06:26 AM »
    I got a  U.S. Census  survey in the mail saying I am required by  law to respond .  I  ask what law ?    They state the Census Bureau is required by law to  keep my information confidential .     

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Required by law
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 09:13:11 AM »
I usually trash those. There is no way they could ever prove you got that through the mail.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »

[/quote  Well Dee , this is the 3rd notice in  6 weeks , so they are persistent.  I would like to know whats the law requiring my response . I know of none .

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 09:25:13 AM »

[/quote]  I think   this has something to do with trying to get a count on all the border jumpers entering the country .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 09:42:23 AM »
The Constitution requires a census be done every ten years. Congress passed laws to implement that and part of that is requiring us all to participate.

BUT, great big old but, that is done in years with a zero at the end of them. So the last one was to be done in 2020, seems a tad late now even to be cleaning up areas that didn't respond.

They mail them out and if you don't return them they pay you a visit to do it in person. This deal of 3 written requests to you via mail is definitely not normal and might or might not really be the census folks, could be a scam.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 12:16:28 PM »
The Constitution requires a census be done every ten years. Congress passed laws to implement that and part of that is requiring us all to participate.

BUT, great big old but, that is done in years with a zero at the end of them. So the last one was to be done in 2020, seems a tad late now even to be cleaning up areas that didn't respond.

They mail them out and if you don't return them they pay you a visit to do it in person. This deal of 3 written requests to you via mail is definitely not normal and might or might not really be the census folks, could be a scam.
The first two were request to fill out  a form  on-line on the internet . Last one was  a written mail in  questionnaire .  Then if I didnt respond I would  be contacted by a Census Bureau interviewer  by  phone  .  As far as the law goes from what I been seeing we have no law .

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 01:14:06 PM »

The first two were request to fill out  a form  on-line on the internet . Last one was  a written mail in  questionnaire .  Then if I didnt respond I would  be contacted by a Census Bureau interviewer  by  phone  .  As far as the law goes from what I been seeing we have no law .

If I was a betting man, I would call it a scam.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 03:45:01 PM »
I asked Linda about that census notice and she remembered more than I did. They sent us several notices and did eventually send a college age kid by. I told him there were 2 people living in the house and he left.

Offline darkgael

• The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2023, 11:39:24 PM »
  As far as the law goes from what I been seeing we have no law
Try census.gov. There is a whole body of law. Too much to quote. Have a look.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 02:43:08 AM »
I asked Linda about that census notice and she remembered more than I did. They sent us several notices and did eventually send a college age kid by. I told him there were 2 people living in the house and he left.
Yes ,I remember that census your talking about but  this seems to be a survey that has singled me out . The  U.S. Census  American Community Survey is  title , Its  a  47 page booklet  sent with a large  envelope to mail back . Here's one note on page one printed in bold black letters , NOTE:  Please answer both question 5 about Hispanic origin and question 6 about race ,for this survey Hispanic origins are not races.     

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 02:56:22 AM »
   So why now?  This is no zero ending year..   I have received no such questinaire this year, and don't know anyone who has.  So they must be harassing you for some reason... 
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 03:01:46 AM »
   So why now?  This is no zero ending year..   I have received no such questinaire this year, and don't know anyone who has.  So they must be harassing you for some reason...
According to census .gov. , I was randomly selected , I suppose I better fill it out an send it in , because the fine is 250,000 for not doing so.

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 03:10:33 AM »
File 13 baby. Unless you had to sign for it, you never got it,

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2023, 05:02:17 AM »
  Sample of  some of the questions .

How many rooms in my house & how many are bedrooms.
         What do I think my house is worth .
        What are the property taxes.
         How many years of education do I have
         Whats my race & ethnicity
         How many people living in my house .
         Thats just a few there 47 pages of that crap .  But no worries , its all private an confidential.   ::)

Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2023, 02:54:58 AM »
  Now we may start to understand why this Commie-leaning administration, has hired 87,000, new and armed agents !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 05:22:33 AM »
  Now we may start to understand why this Commie-leaning administration, has hired 87,000, new and armed agents !
   In no way do I believe I was randomly selected . 

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2023, 08:17:38 AM »
i fill them out because i dont need company
blue lives matter

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2023, 09:20:32 AM »
i fill them out because i dont need company
   Its nothing but a invasion of privacy and the collection of it is certainly not in our best interest .  Dont  think the Gov. can  or will keep your information private & confidential  .