Author Topic: Reparations For Slavery  (Read 724 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Reparations For Slavery
« on: July 03, 2023, 03:12:25 PM »
This talk concerning reperations for slavery has got me ta thinkin. DIDN'T LBJ SIGN THAT BILL IN ABOUT 1964? WAR ON POVERTY? AKA, WELFARE? THEY'VE BEEN LIVING FREE EVER SINCE. FREE HOUSING, FREE GROCERIES, FREE TRANSPORTATION, FREE MEDICAL, FREE PHONE, FREE COST OF LIVING RAISE FOR EVERY NEW FAMILY MEMBER, PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FOR SCHOOL ENROLLMENT?

AIN'T THAT REPARATIONS? :-\
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Reparations For Slavery
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 04:04:11 PM »
Yep. While we’re on the subject, slaveowners weren’t compensated for the government taking their property. So, there’s that

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 04:13:42 PM »
What about the gazillion pale skinned
people sold into servitude  ?
Bond servants?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 04:26:43 PM »
Again if it wasn't for white people most of the blacks would be living in squalor and grass huts. The same blacks that are screaming for reparations are the same ones that have been taking white mans fruits of labor for decades.  they are costing white men lots of money from crime and theft also. Not even counting all the money government has stolen from white men and handed it over to blacks.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 05:08:19 PM »
How about the millions they’ve made from football and basketball, sports they’ve taken over but were invented by white guys :(

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 05:14:35 PM »
     Some more Democrat false hope  to keep the black vote . 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 01:16:47 AM »
How about the millions they’ve made from football and basketball, sports they’ve taken over but were invented by white guys :(

Don't you guys call that "cultural appropriation"? 

Perhaps each player in the NBA and WNBA, should pay a few million to the descendants of James Naismith, who invented the game..

How about royalties on every game?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023, 03:22:04 AM »

Don't you guys call that "cultural appropriation"? 

Perhaps each player in the NBA and WNBA, should pay a few million to the descendants of James Naismith, who invented the game..

How about royalties on every game?

Anytime I hear people comment about black pro athlete's, I think about ol Howard Cosell's career changin comment..... ;D https://historydaily.org/howard-cosell-little-monkey-controversy
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 04:19:15 AM »
What about the gazillion pale skinned
people sold into servitude  ?
Bond servants?

That part of history is so conveniently forgotten, by so many of those who complain about "mistreatment" !  My first progenitor this side of the
     Atlantic (ca 1652), did not come here willingly. Nevertheless, I am pleased that he arrived here when he did.

https://newenglandhistoricalsociety.com/how-scottish-pows-were-sold-as-slave-labor-in-new-england/#:~:text=As%20many%20as%20400%20Scottish,mills%2C%20saw%

John, my first kin on this side was a Scottish highlander warrior, captured at the Battle of Worcester during the English civil war.  He was sold
     into slavery in New England.
      https://www.facebook.com/scottishprisonersofwar/

I do consider myself fortunate however, since some of the other POWs of Cromwell, were shipped to other British colonies around the world,
    some of which are real bummers today.

Do the descendants of Cromwell owe me anything?  Shucks no... neither does any English person living today !  It doesn't take person of world
    class brilliance to figure out that English people of today had zero, zilch, nada..nothing to do with what took place there in 1650.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2023, 06:18:46 AM »
“It doesn't take person of world     class brilliance to figure out that English people of today had zero, zilch, nada..nothing to do with what took place there in 1650.”

These people don’t want to rationalize, they were born with their hands out and that’s all they know. Gimme dis, gimme dat. They’ve got free money in their sights and they won’t let it go. Facts be damned.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2023, 07:13:41 AM »
Blacks don't dominate all sports. Football and Basketball yes, but only 7% of baseball players are black, and less than 5% are in the NHL.  Its been a notion that blacks are more powerful and stronger than whites. If that is true why do White men and women dominate the sport of power lifting? 
Less than a 1% of athletes make it to any pro sport so that leaves a whole lot of people going to a job, making lots of money for governments to take and hand over to those that do nothing but hold their hand out. The taxes that black basketball and football players pay doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  Maybe all the blacks shootin each other, and leading a life of crime, should try their hand at sports.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2023, 12:51:53 PM »
Blacks don't dominate all sports. Football and Basketball yes, but only 7% of baseball players are black, and less than 5% are in the NHL.  Its been a notion that blacks are more powerful and stronger than whites. If that is true why do White men and women dominate the sport of power lifting? 
Less than a 1% of athletes make it to any pro sport so that leaves a whole lot of people going to a job, making lots of money for governments to take and hand over to those that do nothing but hold their hand out. The taxes that black basketball and football players pay doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  Maybe all the blacks shootin each other, and leading a life of crime, should try their hand at sports.

Not true on MLB. 38% are black, 28% Hispanic.
NHL boasts 3.3% black, l.7% Hispanic  1% Asian

Offline DDZ

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 01:18:16 AM »

Not true on MLB. 38% are black, 28% Hispanic.
NHL boasts 3.3% black, l.7% Hispanic  1% Asian

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but every article I've seen says percentage of blacks in MLB is 6 to 7%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/04/14/mlb-percentage-black-players-baseball-jackie-robinson-day/11657961002/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1168026/mlb-african-american-players/

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2023, 01:38:47 AM »
Here ya go. If you watch MLB you can see that it's far more than 6 or 7%.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/news-mlb-demographics-what-percentage-mlb-players-black

Offline DDZ

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2023, 05:02:26 AM »

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/news-mlb-demographics-what-percentage-mlb-players-black

Dee, your own article that you provided a link for says that 7.2% are black. The 38% players of color it mentions don't mean black. There are people of color that are not black.    I don't watch baseball anymore. Used to love the game of baseball, but the MLB has ruined it for me.

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 06:26:48 AM »

Dee, your own article that you provided a link for says that 7.2% are black. The 38% players of color it mentions don't mean black. There are people of color that are not black.    I don't watch baseball anymore. Used to love the game of baseball, but the MLB has ruined it for me.

LoL. Read it wrong. You're right! :-[

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2023, 04:31:00 PM »
The only reason I see for the push for reparations at this point in time, is to the keep divide between people growing. This country is REAL close to a breaking point. Magnify the riots of 2020, create an energy and food catastrophe, and this country will look like France times 10.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2023, 04:54:02 PM »
A lot of Hispanics play baseball.  $4 trillion dollars for welfare, food stamps, and housing since 1965 should be enough reparations.
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2023, 04:56:48 PM »
A lot of Hispanics play baseball.  $4 trillion dollars for welfare, food stamps, and housing since 1965 should be enough reparations.

Adzackly! That was my point. If they want to be "restored" wouldn't a one way ticket to the Congo complete the restoration of what they once we're?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2023, 02:41:06 AM »
  A group of freed slaves wanted to form their own country, without white interference.  They were provided finance to set up their own nation in Africa.

They called this nation Liberia, apparently drawing on the term "liberty" which they naturally, about which they were very sincere.

Here is a concise history: 
    https://www.liberiaforward.org/history-of-liberia?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwzJmlBhBBEiwAEJyLuwROF4x2TMbRzMPGFhirZOYTuJVahgM_Bhzxu899bE9XPyEnbvctHBoCQEAQAvD_Bw

So how did that work out?  Are those people better off than the ones who remained in the USA?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »
i had to play baseball and box because i wasnt tall enough or good enough at it to play basketball. shouldnt i get reparations because they would let me play? isnt that discrimination?
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2023, 11:57:01 AM »
  Around the world, reparations for slavery could never be paid.  Slavery has been the human condition since time began..

African tribes made slaves of each other, and often sold those slaves to be shipped out of their home continent..  Their largest customers were from the middle east and South America.

Native Americans most often made slaves of competing tribes, as well as white captives, black captives..whoever they captured, rather than killed !

Europe and the British isles also had their turn....while the middle east countries still trade in slaves...not to mention the border breaking cartels..

Slavery existed in the USA for just 89 years, if these reparation hounds want a check, they better petition the British government,  From their
     own given date of 1619 until 1776, means they should hit up the Union Jack for the first 157 years of slavery on this soil..

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2023, 02:51:29 PM »
The whole idea of reparations is so ridicules, we shouldn't even talk about it. If you want to give reparations to a group, do so to Wives and children of  military and police Veterans who gave their lives for their country and people they serve.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2023, 02:56:15 PM »
Reparations is just one of many nonsensical issues. This country in my opinion, has rounded a corner that it can not undo.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2023, 06:08:16 PM »
     As long as you keep people believing in this  false hope ,you  got their vote  . And  the promise of Reparation 's  is just that  vote buying . IMO I dont think anyone will get one red cent of Reparation 's  on the Federal level .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2023, 01:21:30 AM »
     As long as you keep people believing in this  false hope ,you  got their vote  . And  the promise of Reparation 's  is just that  vote buying . IMO I dont think anyone will get one red cent of Reparation 's  on the Federal level .

^^^BINGO^^^  That, and the promise by Biden, to have the rest of us pay off the debts of foolish college students !

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »

Adzackly! That was my point. If they want to be "restored" wouldn't a one way ticket to the Congo complete the restoration of what they once we're?

This would be interesting to see.......If the Federal Gubbermit offered every descendent of a black slave in America one million dollars of reparation money, with one condition. The must give up their citizenship, and return to country of their Slave ancestor. How many do you think would take the million?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2023, 03:44:14 PM »

This would be interesting to see.......If the Federal Gubbermit offered every descendent of a black slave in America one million dollars of reparation money, with one condition. The must give up their citizenship, and return to country of their Slave ancestor. How many do you think would take the million?

Most of'em! I've found that in dealing with moochers living on the dole that they have no plan, and literally live their lives for the next handout.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2023, 01:21:02 AM »

Most of'em! I've found that in dealing with moochers living on the dole that they have no plan, and literally live their lives for the next handout.

I'll add that most of the ones I personally
observe seem to have no problem coming
up with the money for beer and smokes
and tattoos and dope and fashionable
clothes and shoes and newer vehicles
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .