Author Topic: One Republican bill to watch closely  (Read 627 times)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: One Republican bill to watch closely
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 02:21:26 PM »
From the article; "While the Constitution and federal law stipulate that only U.S. citizens can vote in federal elections,..." 
This fixes a non-problem, the thing Congress does best.

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 02:29:31 PM »
What I fail to understand is if only US citizens can vote in Fed elections, why do we need multiple language ballots? It has always been my understanding that you have to read and write English to become a citizen; so why not have all ballots in English?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 02:43:10 PM »
What I fail to understand is if only US citizens can vote in Fed elections, why do we need multiple language ballots? It has always been my understanding that you have to read and write English to become a citizen; so why not have all ballots in English?

Agreed, but that obviously doesn't matter anymore.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 03:41:47 PM »

It's because the U.S. doesn't have an officially recognized language.  Yes, the majority of us speak American English, but our elected representatives have never made any language an official United States language.

I think they should have.....Roger

Online DDZ

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 04:23:52 PM »
They don't care who votes. If they did there would have been voter ID rules enacted long ago. Sounds like republicans are starting to step up their game in conservative vote buying again.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 06:55:52 AM »
    IMO, there's only one reason we have a open border,  more  VOTER's    To be more specific  mail in voters .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 11:22:59 AM »

I checked. You are correct.

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 11:25:02 AM »

It's because the U.S. doesn't have an officially recognized language.  Yes, the majority of us speak American English, but our elected representatives have never made any language an official United States language.

I think they should have.....Roger

A qualification for citizenship is being able to read, speak, and understand the English language.
Agree Agree x 2 View List