Author Topic: Great and informative message at church today.  (Read 313 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Great and informative message at church today.
« on: July 09, 2023, 07:24:03 AM »
  Visiting pastor, spoke of the absolute necessity of regular and continuous prayer.  Not just at meals or in church, but anytime then need is felt.

What is needed between man and wife, parents and children, commander and troops, president and populace ?  What is needed..what is
   often missing?

What is often missing, is clear, transparent and earnest , COMMUNICATION !  God says call on Him anytime..and not just when you need him.

As a footnote, he praised our tech guy, who also happens to be an elder.

Today, for a church to grow, it needs to exploit today's technology.  Most congregations want young people, including children., or it may die off as
   we old timers die off.

Not only should a church be on the WWW..including Facebook and it's own website, but it may need to employ the latest technology, right
  inside the church building itself.
  We have a giant screen behind th epulpit, and one facing the platform, so all will be informed...plus another screen halfway back and to the side.

Reason being, people under 50 communicate over the WWW. Placing ads in the newspaper, or local "Pennysaver" paper, are not very effective with
    them.

Information is posted on the screens both before and after the service itself.  Information such as the example below..

Each year we hold an event for the community...or even drive by folks..but it would be limited in it's draw without the web. Free to all, and no
   collection either.

BTW:  The guest speaker today was the same one we ill have on the BBQ day, one Bob Schooley.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: Great and informative message at church today.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 12:33:57 PM »
  Visiting pastor, spoke of the absolute necessity of regular and continuous prayer.  Not just at meals or in church, but anytime then need is felt.

What is needed between man and wife, parents and children, commander and troops, president and populace ?  What is needed..what is
   often missing?

What is often missing, is clear, transparent and earnest , COMMUNICATION !  God says call on Him anytime..and not just when you need him.

As a footnote, he praised our tech guy, who also happens to be an elder.

Today, for a church to grow, it needs to exploit today's technology.  Most congregations want young people, including children., or it may die off as
   we old timers die off.

Not only should a church be on the WWW..including Facebook and it's own website, but it may need to employ the latest technology, right
  inside the church building itself.
  We have a giant screen behind th epulpit, and one facing the platform, so all will be informed...plus another screen halfway back and to the side.

Reason being, people under 50 communicate over the WWW. Placing ads in the newspaper, or local "Pennysaver" paper, are not very effective with
    them.

Information is posted on the screens both before and after the service itself.  Information such as the example below..

Each year we hold an event for the community...or even drive by folks..but it would be limited in it's draw without the web. Free to all, and no
   collection either.

BTW:  The guest speaker today was the same one we ill have on the BBQ day, one Bob Schooley.

So a Methodist preacher in a Baptist pulpit. That certainly better explains the message. United Methodist Church, a denomination that supports women, transgenders, bisexuals, and gays in the pulpit, and other "leadership positions" in the church, along with your own smiggion of Rick Warren atmosphere. Hmmmm

I would say that if your church is indeed a Baptist church, as you have in the past indicated, that it is in dire need of new leadership to allow such, to access its monkey see, monkey do, congratulation.

https://www.unyumc.org/resources/clergy/robert-schooley

The United Methodist Church "ALSO COMMISSIONS" homosexual, transgender, lesbian, and bi-sexual clergy. Let's don't leave anybody out! ::)

https://www.umqcc.org/

I guess I should have expected some negativism, but that doesn't deter me in any way, since the preacher was spot on Biblically.  He recently retired from teaching high school, and just took over the pulpit in a very rural UM church, which is more basic Bible centered than most.  That little country church will likely become more conservative as time goes on.

I thought you were well apprised that the UM is experiencing the same struggle the SBC is having.  Dome are Bible believers, some are not.

This preacher is of the Bible believing genre.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 04:18:28 PM »
  ...OK....  Over and out !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 05:32:55 AM »
If "You are a Serious Christian, You are In Their Crosshairs"   What a mess.  :-\

First of all, you reacted exactly as I knew you would. DEFENSIVE!

OK Dee, my defensiveness, as you termed it, is just another effort not to start another round of arguments!  ..But one can only take so much false representations and accusations, and let it slide.

But here is the crux of the issue. EVERYBODY KNOWS, that the United Methodist Church has gone woke. EVERYBODY KNOWS that the United Methodist Church" welcomes, and ordains, homosexuals, lesbians, transexuals, and bisexuals into their ministry as pastors, and teachers.

You are so misinformed that it is pitiful.  You have apparently missed the recent turmoil involved with the UM church, and not all are
   settled upon a new title, so many still go by the UM terminology.

That EVERYBODY INCLUDES Bob Schooley.

..And furthermore, you don't know any better than a homeless junkie in Austin does...as to what Bob Schooley believes, other than an ignorant guess !

If Bob Schooley were "a serious Christian" to use your term, he would have divested himself of "The United Methodist Church" immediately upon their shift to this blasphemous heracy.
  Well, Bob Schooley is Christian enough to study the word, preach the Gospel, attend church regularly, and led many people to salvation for many years as a high school teacher and guest pastor at a local Bible conference grounds !  How are you doing ?

BUT HE HASN'T!
  Again.. You do not and cannot possibly know what he has done, so how about you start honoring truth over lies?   BTW: He has
   denounced al that heresy..but of course you couldn't know that!  (So why make an issue of it?)

[/color]

While I know, that you will never agree with that one truth. It is still the truth.
   ...And your familiarity with the truth, matches the best of Joe Biden !...

And while you say your "a serious christian", I ask; What are y'all doing bringing that mess into your church, and congregation knowing what they promote, and are about? And until Bob Schooley publicly denounces this abomination, he is a representative of it.

..And until you start acting like a Christian man, instead of starting a verbal conflagration often as possible, you are betraying the things you claim to stand for.   BTW: He has denounced al that heresy..but of course you couldn't know that!  (So why make an issue of it?)
   [/quote]
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have long wondered whether you stay up late at night, dreaming how you can best be confrontational next morning, on GBO..  I didn't ask your feeble opinion on the OP above, but I sure got it !  ...Should have anticipated it, I guess.

I have read your posts declaring respect for Dr Charles Stanley..and that is good.  ..But of course, Stanley served 2 terms as president of the SBC,
  and we all know the SBC is going through the same convulsions that are being endured by the UM Church.

Does that make Stanley to be some kind of heretic?  I think not..

..But according to your arguments over the years, only the way you do things can possibly be right!  Since some UM church

In your narrow mind, can any Lutheran, Catholic, Presbyterian, Nazarene or Wesleyan ever be right about anything?

Your narrowness of mind seems to be illustrated by you lack of understanding that not all "northeners" are an enemy, looking to destroy the old
   Confederacy that you cherish so well, which is OK, so long as you don't fossilize in your concepts..

I am sure pleased that most here are not so limited in their mental capacities or ability to accept novel (to them) concepts... !

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 09:24:06 AM »
There was an article yesterday that 6,000 congregations left the Methodist denomination due to the  accepting of doctrine saying perversion is OK.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 09:30:03 AM »
Post a link where Bob Schooley has denounced the United Methodist Church doctrine on homosexuality, lesbians, trannies, and bisexuality. I couldn't find it anywhere.

I don't have to prove anything to you, but I will provide information, and you can "like it or lump it".  Bob has denounced such ideas in various
   sermons, and at various churches, plus the Bible conference where he often speaks.

Furthermore, the church where he is now the pastor, is composed of farm families some of whom I know, and who would never put up with that
   foolishness, nor accept such teachings, and thus would have never hired him.  ...And he never would have been invited to our church.

The church he pastors, is not as technically hooked up as is ours, so there is no recorded videos emerging from there.  Not that I need to explain
   to you,since it is a given that you will accept NO EXPLANATION.

I only offer this information, so as to let readers know that Bob has been active for so may years, leading perhaps hundreds to salvation...and
      doing it within today's educational system..

So, now how about you...jhow many have you introduced to the Savior over the past year? 

How well have you supported a local church near where you live ?

BTW:  I found no videos concerning Bob, and even if I did, it is not likely we would run into such a declaration, since he wouldn't be declaring such every time he stands at the podium.
    I preach often, and do not have to proclaim my beliefs in that direction every time...since those beliefs are a given, and everyone who knows me ...knows that !

Below; the church where Bob is pastor.  There are about 20 houses in that town, surrounded by farms, many of them being Amish.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 09:37:59 AM »
  For those interested, here is Bob's address from this past Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064618844442