Author Topic: Cars And Trucks With Hands Free Driving  (Read 432 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Cars And Trucks With Hands Free Driving
« on: July 14, 2023, 11:57:19 PM »
More and more TV commercials on these vehicles with "hands free driving". With constantly changing road conditions, (construction, weather, ect) how could anybody think this is safe?
What about folks runnin stop signs, deer (in this part of the country HOGS), and on and on.

I also wonder about the morons with these vehicles deciding to take a nap.

Reckon the lowering the population crowd came up with this new technology? ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Cars And Trucks With Hands Free Driving
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 05:33:58 AM »
wait till the first one of them is responsible for the death of a child. it WILL happen
blue lives matter

Offline GTS225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 06:09:09 AM »
I don't believe that anymore than I believed it when we were told that computers would make us a "paperless society".

Roger

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 01:22:36 PM »
You know, many don't do all that well at driving with both hands on the wheel. I don't think going without hands will make things better.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 02:30:40 PM »
I have it on a vehicle. Not really hands free, it senses your hand on the wheel, take your hands off and it starts alerting and eventually shutting down in less than thirty seconds. More like assisted steering.
Works best on well delineated roads like highways. Not too well on snow covered roads.  I am impressed with the curves it can follow.
Best part is it makes it easy to roll a nice joint while cruising through the mountains on the Interstate. That might make it a bit scary :)

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 02:46:25 PM »
I have it on a vehicle. Not really hands free, it senses your hand on the wheel, take your hands off and it starts alerting and eventually shutting down in less than thirty seconds. More like assisted steering.
Works best on well delineated roads like highways. Not too well on snow covered roads.  I am impressed with the curves it can follow.
Best part is it makes it easy to roll a nice joint while cruising through the mountains on the Interstate. That might make it a bit scary :)

My '17 Fusion plug in Hybrid has the same, however, I wouldn't say it's much assistance nor very good at it.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 03:06:55 PM »
Mine’s a 22. The tech probably got better.
Just heard you can defeat the hands off nag by weighting one side of the wheel.  Can’t wait to try that :)

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 03:36:36 PM »
Driving and making your own decisions will become a lost human skill. People will climb into vehicles that will deliver them to their destination with predetermined route and speed, with no motor skill input whatsoever. Sad.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2023, 04:12:55 PM »
     The trip & fall lawyers  will be working overtime .
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2023, 11:35:12 PM »
yup cause morons will be twisting joints and or talking on the phone when things go south
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2023, 11:37:25 PM »
it will probably create a whole new type of law office. like asbestos and Camp Lejune have
blue lives matter

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2023, 03:36:50 AM »
Read about it, know it's coming. Not sure if it'll be better or worse. After 50+ years of riding a motorcycle, the closest 2 calls riding was last year, and the year before. A-Holes couldn't keep there nose out of the phone and pulled out, almost t-boning them. Glad I've gotten older and actually obey the speed limits now! If this self driving vehicle would do any good in a situation like these, might not be a bad idea.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 04:52:54 AM »
look at trumpwon's post'. it will just encourage stupid people to be complete idiots. cant imagine being such a selfish moron that i would risk someone elses lives and worse yet there childrens to roll a joint going down the road when you could simply pull over. one of the stupidest things ive heard said on here. now i suppose he will come back with "i was just kidding" but we all know better
Read about it, know it's coming. Not sure if it'll be better or worse. After 50+ years of riding a motorcycle, the closest 2 calls riding was last year, and the year before. A-Holes couldn't keep there nose out of the phone and pulled out, almost t-boning them. Glad I've gotten older and actually obey the speed limits now! If this self driving vehicle would do any good in a situation like these, might not be a bad idea.
blue lives matter

Offline Casull

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2023, 08:08:39 AM »
look at trumpwon's post'. it will just encourage stupid people to be complete idiots. cant imagine being such a selfish moron that i would risk someone elses lives and worse yet there childrens to roll a joint going down the road when you could simply pull over. one of the stupidest things ive heard said on here. now i suppose he will come back with "i was just kidding" but we all know better

Can't argue with that.  Wonder what he would say if it were a straight white male drinking a beer while driving.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2023, 11:36:32 PM »
as long as it was a bud lite probably nothing

Can't argue with that.  Wonder what he would say if it were a straight white male drinking a beer while driving.
blue lives matter