Author Topic: A 46,000-year-old worm found in Siberian permafrost was brought back to life, an  (Read 4140 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
   Jobmakes cear that the earth is suspended on any other physical object..at a time whae most claimed it sat upon a turtle, or some other  object  (Job 26:7)

Isaiah saiD, in 700 BC, that the earty was round ..no nmeed to wait on copernicus, Galileo or Erosthenese...

Job spoke quite knowingly of  the hydrologic system 10.000 years ago...a most were no awate of the process.

Then the cases nere a prophet peered ino the future, and described evnts that were do to take place thoiusands of years later, andevents transpired
   as the prophet predicted them, and in chronological order.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Ig: Thank you.
Jobmakes cear that the earth is suspended on any other physical object..at a time whae most claimed it sat upon a turtle, or some other  object  (Job 26:7)

Isaiah saiD, in 700 BC, that the earty was round ..no nmeed to wait on copernicus, Galileo or Erosthenese...
Not evidence of any real event. The “turtle” myth was not a common belief here in the West as you would have it. It was part of the Hindu religion. It is an ancient belief probably predating Isaiah.
As to the others, none of them proved that the Earth was round. They already knew that. Copernicus and Galileo showed the solar system was heliocentric not geocentric. Eratothenses computed the circumference of the Earth.

note: if this discussion cnntinues in this vein, it should be transferred to religious discussion

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
   Can science predict human activity thousands of years ahead of time?   God's prophets did that.

First  let us establish the Old testament as authentic.. Some unbelievers claimed much of it was written after the fact, however the the
    discovery and careful examination of the Dead Sea scrolls, put that idea to rest.

In nimerous places, God's prophets described how the Hebrews would fsll away from worshipping the true God, and go chasing after idols, which
  either did ooor would incur God's wrath, depending upon life date of the prophet. This wrath would/did cause God to disperse the Hebrews far out of their "Promised Land" driving them to far distant lands. 

This has been referred to as the "diaspora", giving them from ancient times the term "wandering Jew".

DEspite that, God also said through his prophets, that at a time far i nto the futuyre, He would restore them to their promised land, never to be 
 uprooted again, before the Lord returns.
     For exsmple, OT prophet Amos (circa 760 BC)  A sheep farmer by occupation, spoke for God, concerning the whole tableau.  That is, until King Uzziah had him killed by striking him in the forehead with a glowing hot iron (traditon says).

Read ASmos 9:9-15... 

THe Diaspora regathered (Jer 23:3-8) (Ezek 37:21-25)  (Hosea 3:4,5)also Ezek chapters 28, 34 & 36.  Joel chapter 2 ad more if you want them..

" 37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I will bring them back to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely."  (Jeremiah 32:37)  circa 600BC..

Note: No people have been driven from their land, and retained their faith and customs for 2000 years..only to return to that promised land, bringing their resusitated language and customs back with them,and rebuilding their nation to a stronger and more prosperous nation than ever!
    ...Nobody but the Jew, that is!

https://aish.com/48964091/

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Ig: Thank you.

Not evidence of any real event. The “turtle” myth was not a common belief here in the West as you would have it. It was part of the Hindu religion. It is an ancient belief probably predating Isaiah.
As to the others, none of them proved that the Earth was round. They already knew that. Copernicus and Galileo showed the solar system was heliocentric not geocentric. Eratothenses computed the circumference of the Earth.

note: if this discussion cnntinues in this vein, it should be transferred to religious discussion

AGREED,
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
" note: if this discussion cnntinues in this vein, it should be transferred to religious discussion."

No need to do ot for my part, I expect I am done here..

Offline darkgael

IG: I appreciate that you "are done" here.
Earlier, in response to my query about where the evidence was that you had offered.  You wrote:

I responded to that.....and you completely ignored that response.
What is up with that?

Offline Dee

Earlier, in response to my query about where the evidence was that you had offered.  You wrote:

What is up with that?

Perhaps your answer is in 1st Timothy chapter 6 verses 3, 4, and 5. 8)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

What is up with that?

I gave you much more than that one statement..  Your last query was to thepoint of (paraphrased) .."what did the scriptures and their writers know that science did not know, nor could they know, by the scientific method.?"

I demonstrated how the OT prophets described how Israel would hgo into captivity and finally in 70 AD, be dispersed through all the known world.

Then they proceeded to explain how they would be brought back to their promised land, at a far later date.. (2000 years)

Now we can look back in  the pages of history, and see that they were completely right...

Here is the post which offered you much information which you could examine at your leisure and find that they were totally correct in their prophecies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an science predict human activity thousands of years ahead of time?   God's prophets did that.

First  let us establish the Old testament as authentic.. Some unbelievers claimed much of it was written after the fact, however the the
    discovery and careful examination of the Dead Sea scrolls, put that idea to rest.

In nimerous places, God's prophets described how the Hebrews would fsll away from worshipping the true God, and go chasing after idols, which
  either did ooor would incur God's wrath, depending upon life date of the prophet. This wrath would/did cause God to disperse the Hebrews far out of their "Promised Land" driving them to far distant lands.

This has been referred to as the "diaspora", giving them from ancient times the term "wandering Jew".

DEspite that, God also said through his prophets, that at a time far i nto the futuyre, He would restore them to their promised land, never to be
 uprooted again, before the Lord returns.
     For exsmple, OT prophet Amos (circa 760 BC)  A sheep farmer by occupation, spoke for God, concerning the whole tableau.  That is, until King Uzziah had him killed by striking him in the forehead with a glowing hot iron (traditon says).

Read ASmos 9:9-15...

THe Diaspora regathered (Jer 23:3-8) (Ezek 37:21-25)  (Hosea 3:4,5)also Ezek chapters 28, 34 & 36.  Joel chapter 2 ad more if you want them..

" 37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I will bring them back to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely."  (Jeremiah 32:37)  circa 600BC..

Note: No people have been driven from their land, and retained their faith and customs for 2000 years..only to return to that promised land, bringing their resusitated language and customs back with them,and rebuilding their nation to a stronger and more prosperous nation than ever!
    ...Nobody but the Jew, that is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DG..I cited the OT, specifically to show that what the prophets predicted DID COME TO PASS !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

What is up with that?

If you have nothing either positive, helpful, constructive or informative to add...why do you even bother to join the conversation?

Offline Dee

What is up with that?

If you have nothing either positive, helpful, constructive or informative to add...why do you even bother to join the converation?

Due to the direction of the conversation, I consider 1st Timothy Chapter 6 verses 3, 4 and 5, positive, helpful, constructive, and informative. For both of you.  :D

Offline darkgael

Dee:  Point taken. Thank you.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
i would have to say that if your a believe God created us in the big bang it kind of rules out the 7000 year thing because man wasnt here within 7 days of that and it happen a heck of alot longer then 7000 years ago. radio dating i dont have alot of trust in but we can see by measuring light about how long ago the big bang happened and its measured in millions of light years so if the 7 day thing that happened 7000 years is true it kind of leaves the big bang out of the equation or 7000 years and 7 days that we understand sure isnt the way God measured time
  DG..Sorry, I didn't stay with your link..because... "I don't need any steenking cookies"..

However, I am a supporter of the "big bang" theory.   

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. So, God said,..."Let there be"...and BANG!..there it was!   ;)  :D  ;D

Actually many of the later "scientific discoveries", may have been lifted from the Bible, especially when we realize that many of the ancient books
   of the Bible, were done in a poetic form.

Some give Copernicus (1500s) credit for "discovering" that the earth is spherecal (popularly, "round").  Some claim the same for Galileo (1600s).
   Some even give the Greek Eratosthenes (about 200BC), credit for the "discovery"..

Of course, all three could have easily plucked the same information from the book of Job...who some date as 1000 BC.

"He stretches out the north over empty space;He hangs the earth on nothing."  (Job 26:7)

Or they could have plagairized Isaiah (7th  century BC).

"It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.  (Isaiah 40:22)

Then there was the hydrologic cycle, Not well understood by the ancients, or even the Medievals..

"  He binds up the waters in his thick clouds, and the cloud is not split open under them." (Job 26:8)

"For He draws up drops of water, Which distill as rain from the mist, Which the clouds drop down And pour abundantly on man. (Job36:27,28)

" Who can number the clouds by wisdom? Or who can tilt the waterskins of the heavens,  (Job 38:37)

Kng David (circa 1000 BC)  Wrote about mountains in the sea, and how geologic changes take place.  How could a leader of a tribe of
  "primitives" Gain such knowledge?  Yet he states in his psalms;

"6 You covered it with the watery depths as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. 7 But at your rebuke the waters fled, at the sound of your thunder they took to flight; 8 they flowed over the mountains, they went down into the valleys, to the place you assigned for them."  (Psalm 104:6,8)

Youy can and probably will, simply dismiss these pages, but in God's word there are still other things which "scientists" missed by thousands of years.

But that is just fine, differences of opinion, experience and thought, are still allowed in the USA..but for how long ?   ;)  :D  ;D

blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
or 7000 years and 7 days that we understand sure isnt the way God measured time

Now that I can for sure believe in. I see no reason why GOD should use the same time reference as we do.

I do believe in intelligent design and just don't think there is any chance this all "just happened on its own". Nope someone had to create it, that's intelligent design. Now everyone is free to call that intelligent designer by whatever name they wish. I call him GOD.

How much of what the peoples of this planet believe is true I do not know. I'm personally confident that the world is vastly more than 7000 of our years old. I don't pretend to understand the hows or whys of that.

I don't believe human minds are capable of understanding GOD and the way HE does things. We just stumble along with our frail minds, comprehending what we can, and guessing about the rest.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)

Now that I can for sure believe in. I see no reason why GOD should use the same time reference as we do.

I do believe in intelligent design and just don't think there is any chance this all "just happened on its own". Nope someone had to create it, that's intelligent design. Now everyone is free to call that intelligent designer by whatever name they wish. I call him GOD.

How much of what the peoples of this planet believe is true I do not know. I'm personally confident that the world is vastly more than 7000 of our years old. I don't pretend to understand the hows or whys of that.

I don't believe human minds are capable of understanding GOD and the way HE does things. We just stumble along with our frail minds, comprehending what we can, and guessing about the rest.

I certainly agree.  Why would the creator of all measure His days by how long the Earth takes to revolve?  I also believe that Genesis describes the big bang in terms that the minds of more than two millenium ago could understand.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
ya it just takes a look up in the sky at night to see the vastness of creation to know it wasnt by chance

blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
i think the God you read about in the bible is a simplistic version for us learning impaired idiots

I certainly agree.  Why would the creator of all measure His days by how long the Earth takes to revolve?  I also believe that Genesis describes the big bang in terms that the minds of more than two millenium ago could understand.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

" For a thousand years in Your sight are like yesterday when it is past, and like a watch in the night."   (Psalm 90:4)

" But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." (2Peter 3:8)

Offline Dee

Well, God speaks of mornings and evenings in the creation of earth,  indicating 24 hour days. If he didn't, then why speak of day, or night at all?
He created the sun, and the earth, and caused the earth to orbit the sun, along with periods of light, and darkness which he called "day and night" so He intentionally created a day and night of 24 hours collectively, and described it during His creation of earth, and allowed man to know how long it took tocreate the earth, and everything in it, and a means for man to mark time.

The "Big Bang THEORY" is just that. A conjured up man made theory designed to usurp Gods Glory, power,  and authority over man, earth, and everything on this earth,  and in Heaven. One either accepts the scripture as correct or does not.  There is no middle ground.

When man starts second guessing God he always winds up in trouble. Scripture has the answers, you just have understand them, and accept them. Deuteronomy Chapter 4 verse 2 and Revelation Chapter 22 verses 18 & 19 warns of adding mans' "hot licker ideas" to scripture, or ignoring scripture man doesn't like.

Genesis Chapter 2 verse 3. Chapter 7 verse 4 verse 11 & 12 & 17. Chapter 8 verses 3 & 4,  12, & 14. Chapter 17 verse 12. All these Chapters and verses in Genesis describe days,  and nights SO MAN CAN UNDERSTAND.

The Bible speaks literally,  figuratively, and symbolically. Discernment is identifying one, from the other.

Offline darkgael

Dee:
The "Big Bang THEORY" is just that. A conjured up man made theory designed to usurp Gods Glory, power,  and authority
I disagree. Regardless of what uses “the big bang” theory has been put, when Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered  the cosmic background radiation with their horn antenna in Holmdel, New Jersey, they were not looking to usurp God’s glory, They just wanted to get rid of the pesky static

Offline Dee

Dee:
The "Big Bang THEORY" is just that. A conjured up man made theory designed to usurp Gods Glory, power,  and authority
I disagree. Regardless of what uses “the big bang” theory has been put, when Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered  the cosmic background radiation with their horn antenna in Holmdel, New Jersey, they were not looking to usurp God’s glory, They just wanted to get rid of the pesky static

OK, we disagree.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
to me the big bang is absolute proof of God being real. just look at the vastness of space and the billions of stars that all came from nothing! all with just a let it be or the wave of a hand! what other explanation would explain it!
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

The discovery of the CBMR was an accident of sorts. Penzias and Wilson were employed by Bell Labs to detect very faint microwave echoes of signals bounced off the ECHO balloon satellites (remember them?) They were plagued by unwanted signals that seemed to come from everywhere

Offline Casull

Call me stupid, but I put much more belief in the creation of all by a supreme being than I do the scientific explanation that goes "a long time ago, there was nothing, and then the nothing exploded and created everything".
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Bob Riebe

Reading/learing about past civilizations, world wide, what science is "discovering today" is knowledge that was lost thousands of years ago but well kniown then.

Offline Dee

Dee:

The reality of "the big bang theory"

https://www.amnh.org/learn-teach/curriculum-collections/cosmic-horizons-book/georges-lemaitre-big-bang

Offline darkgael

Dee: Thanks for linking that article. It is certainly worth reading.

Offline darkgael

there was nothing, and then the nothing exploded and created everything"
No current theory says that.

Bob:
what science is "discovering today" is knowledge that was lost thousands of years ago but well kniown then.
Perhaps you would be good enough to provide some examples of that.

Offline Dee

Reading/learing about past civilizations, world wide, what science is "discovering today" is knowledge that was lost thousands of years ago but well kniown then.

I'm with dg on this one. How many thousands of years ago,  and examples.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
 i can give one. how the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids without modern tools or equipment with so much precision that there still intact today. most say it would be tough to do with modern engineering. to put it in perspective that was 2600 years before the birth of Jesus or more years between today then the birth of Jesus 
there was nothing, and then the nothing exploded and created everything"
No current theory says that.

Bob:
what science is "discovering today" is knowledge that was lost thousands of years ago but well kniown then.
Perhaps you would be good enough to provide some examples of that.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  It would seem the "big bang" (even if true) was more a part of development.  First the "particle"..where did that come from? 
  What we each mau
   What was it composed of? HJow do you know what it was composed of.?

Of course, a definite scientific conclusion must be either reproduced or observed, have 'scientists' done either?  Unless they have, it remains a theory.

It remains a theory, same as "intelligent design", is a theory.  As individuals we have a choice..do we take God's word or do we take man's word?

Gid is a God of free will, yet somehow, yet I doubt any minds will change here and now.