Author Topic: A 46,000-year-old worm found in Siberian permafrost was brought back to life, an  (Read 4160 times)

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
remains a theory, same as "intelligent design", is a theory.  As individuals we have a choice..do we take God's word or do we take man's word?

Yes. In all of these cosmological discussions, the conclusion comes down to that choice……which do you or me or him or her choose to believe.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)

It remains a theory, same as "intelligent design", is a theory.  As individuals we have a choice..do we take God's word or do we take man's word?

To support life here on planet earth, everything must work, and it does. This notion by some that everything just happened given all the different species of plants, animals, reptiles, ect, is in itself a ridiculous notion.

It is mans attempt at theft of Gods Glory, and to relieve himself from "the obligation of gratitude" towards God.

Intelligent design is far from being a theory. To deny Gods "intelligent design" isn't seeking scientific proof, but more a lack of perception.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
there was nothing, and then the nothing exploded and created everything"
No current theory says that.

Bob:
what science is "discovering today" is knowledge that was lost thousands of years ago but well kniown then.
Perhaps you would be good enough to provide some examples of that.

The big bang theory pretty much says exactly that.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)

Bob:
what science is "discovering today" is knowledge that was lost thousands of years ago but well kniown then.

Again... God said, "let there be"..and BANG..there it was...   ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline darkgael

No...it does not. The only version of creation ex nihilo is found in scripture.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  From DG;

"  No...it does not. The only version of creation ex nihilo is found in scripture."
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ex nihilo.. essentially means "created from nothing".  OK, God created the universe from nothing.. 

So, until you explain where that first "particle" that exploded into the "big bang" came from, it seems we are at a philosophical and theological
  "Mexican standoff" or a deadlock, in this discussion. 

So, was that 'particle' created..if not, then where did it come from?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Casull

No...it does not. The only version of creation ex nihilo is found in scripture.

Ok, here we go.

"Around 13.7 billion years ago, everything in the entire universe was condensed in an infinitesimally small singularity, a point of infinite denseness and heat."

Infinitesimally small, which is pretty close to being nothing.  We'll just have to ignore how something can be of infinite denseness and heat.

Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline darkgael

which is pretty close to being nothing.

Pretty close is something.

Offline Mule 11

Especially with nukes, chemical, biological, claymores and hand grenades...

Offline Casull

Especially when something is "infinitesimally small", which I see as an impossibility.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Bob Riebe

Bob:
The Pyamids are exactly aligned with the three stars of the Orion Belt; Black Africans knew exactly what the Pleiades were before any white man told them.
The  Great Pyramid is nearly perfectly aligned along the cardinal points—north, south, east and west—with “an accuracy of better than four minutes of arc, or one-fifteenth of one degree.
The glue that holds the Pyramids together is near indestructalbe and no modern science knows how it was made., plus regardless of silly THEORIES, that change as often as the wind,  about how the blocks that the Pyramids are made of were moved, they have no idea  how they were able to move them to where they are or how they were quarried as drill holes are known to exist and no known society of the time had  metal tools capable of drilling into granite, etc, etc, etc.

Offline darkgael

Black Africans knew exactly what the Pleiades were before any white man told them.
??
OK.....you have my attention. What were they to the Africans?
As to the rest.....I am not privy to what sources you have used to gather your information. All of the supposed "mysteries" of the Pyramids that you have mentioned have been given sensible explanations......often more than one. The indestructible "glue"? Limestone mortar has long been the "glue". The methods of quarrying are well understood.
I am not about to rehash the volumes of research that the Pyramids have produced. There are answers to the supposed "mysteries".

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  Back to the subject..  who/what...... made the original universe that "contracted" into an infinitely small particle?  :D

Did that original universe "just happen"?  LOL...  How many times has the universe endured such an 'accordion' existence?

Sounds like a great place to apply 'Occam's razor' ( alt spell..Ockham)..   THe first, and most logicalexplanation is likely the truth.

https://www.yourdictionary.com/articles/examples-occams-razor

No need to go through intellectual hoops and mental gyrations to explain it.

Offline Dee

I still wonder if somebody is gonna come up with that worms birth certificate.  8)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Black Africans knew exactly what the Pleiades were before any white man told them.
??
OK.....you have my attention. What were they to the Africans?
As to the rest.....I am not privy to what sources you have used to gather your information. All of the supposed "mysteries" of the Pyramids that you have mentioned have been given sensible explanations......often more than one. The indestructible "glue"? Limestone mortar has long been the "glue". The methods of quarrying are well understood.
I am not about to rehash the volumes of research that the Pyramids have produced. There are answers to the supposed "mysteries".

THe Dogon tribe of today's Mali in west  Africa, claim the Sirius constellation,as their place of origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sirius_Mystery

Offline darkgael

So, until you explain where that first "particle" that exploded into the "big bang" came from, it seems we are at a philosophical and theological
  "Mexican standoff" or a deadlock, in this discussion. 

So, was that 'particle' created..if not, then where did it come from?
And that is where it will stay. I do not know where the particle came from. I expect that I may never know and I am comfortable with that. One possible, and unsatisfactory, answer to the where-did-it-come-from question is 'it was always there."  That is not gonna work for a lot of people.
There has to be a creator. The problem with that, for people like me, is that when the "where did the creator come from" question is asked, the answer is the same as before.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
he has always been. at least by mans ability to understand. this could be the 50th universe he has created and could be the millionth that have come and gone. God wants us to prove ourselves by having faith that he is real. we will never have all the answers because if we did we wouldn't need to rely on faith. how we got here isnt what should concern us. what we do with the gift of life and our faith in God is what really matters. Sad thing is faith is dying in the world today and we have about reverted to sodom and gamora and we know what happened to them when God said ENOUGH
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
he has always been. at least by mans ability to understand. this could be the 50th universe he has created and could be the millionth that have come and gone. God wants us to prove ourselves by having faith that he is real. we will never have all the answers because if we did we wouldn't need to rely on faith. how we got here isnt what should concern us. what we do with the gift of life and our faith in God is what really matters. Sad thing is faith is dying in the world today and we have about reverted to sodom and gamora and we know what happened to them when God said ENOUGH

Thanks Lloyd...you presented thoughts to  ruminate upon..  Without God's order, we would descend into a post modernism believer's fate..

A fate where one sees only hopelessness,   ..So much so, that he/she chooses evil, meaninglessness and chaos..the place now fully
  occupied by the "woke" crowd..

Offline Dee

What about that 46,000 year old worm? Is he just gonna be thrown into the dust bin of history? Or is somebody gonna take him fishin? :-\

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
My now good friend the worm is here with me. I asked about his birth certificate and he said back then the worm federation wasn't issuing them so he can't produce it. He's happy out in the flower garden and has promised to make new little worms. He has found a mate out there in the flower garden.

We have a hard time communicating as he only speaks worm language and I only speak English. We have to communicate thru a Google translation program on the computer. Man he is a slow typist.

He is kinda put off that folks stopped talking about him and went off on a tangent about the big bang but he got over it when I explained it's just what folks do here. He's thinking about joining the forums but isn't sure he has much to add. He doesn't really enjoy reading here much cuz it's mostly just folks who claim to be adults acting like kids.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

I think that worm in your flower garden is an imposter. The real worm likely got took fishin, or. Died laughing at the dumbasses that think he's 46,000 years old.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
couple worms here already if hes a democrat his posts wouldnt be any more mindless than theirs
My now good friend the worm is here with me. I asked about his birth certificate and he said back then the worm federation wasn't issuing them so he can't produce it. He's happy out in the flower garden and has promised to make new little worms. He has found a mate out there in the flower garden.

We have a hard time communicating as he only speaks worm language and I only speak English. We have to communicate thru a Google translation program on the computer. Man he is a slow typist.

He is kinda put off that folks stopped talking about him and went off on a tangent about the big bang but he got over it when I explained it's just what folks do here. He's thinking about joining the forums but isn't sure he has much to add. He doesn't really enjoy reading here much cuz it's mostly just folks who claim to be adults acting like kids.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  That worm was a very crooked worm.  Took it fishing..too crooked to feed onto the hook...must be a democrat worm .

I Almost called it he, but it could be a she...but being a democrat, it could very well be a trans...

No use checking it's birth certificate.. 'cause it may have gone tranny  long after birth..

Sheesh!  ..Remember way back, when somebody said 'tranny', other guys would ask.. "automatic or stick'?

Offline darkgael

Worms, in general, are hermaphroditic.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Worms, in general, are hermaphroditic.
   I was thinking of that as I wrote the last post...but didn't want to give the Tranny fanatics yet another excuse...