Author Topic: James Madison  (Read 883 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: James Madison
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2023, 12:06:46 PM »
Who would have known that two of the greatest historians in the world post right here on GBO Reloaded. We are truly blessed! ::)

If you have contrary evidence, please present it.  I would like nothing better that a solid, fact driven discussion...  If you think I was mistaken i the
   information in reply #19 for instance, how about you post opposition documentation, so we can discuss it further?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2023, 02:52:02 PM »
The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries. 
James Madison

For certain; that is why our forefathers allowed free discussion in the public arena..  ..And until the 21st century, we all got along quite well with the free flow of ideas.   That is, until the Marxists captured so many simple, emotionally unstable and violent minds.

The American Indian would not agree with that synopsis, nor would the freed blacks, and that would include the 19th, and 20th centuries.

Who would have known that two of the greatest historians in the world post right here on GBO Reloaded. We are truly blessed! ::)

Who would have known that my very first post was clearly talking about the 19th and 20th century and not only ironglow, but apparently you also completely missed that point? ::) But then again,  it ain't the 1st time for either of you.  How truly common place here on gbo. ;)

Yes, you mention us missing the point often. Hell! We can't all be geniuses here on GBO. All seeing, all knowing is a gift I do not possess.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2023, 03:12:01 PM »
The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries. 
James Madison

For certain; that is why our forefathers allowed free discussion in the public arena..  ..And until the 21st century, we all got along quite well with the free flow of ideas.   That is, until the Marxists captured so many simple, emotionally unstable and violent minds.

The American Indian would not agree with that synopsis, nor would the freed blacks, and that would include the 19th, and 20th centuries.

Who would have known that my very first post was clearly talking about the 19th and 20th century and not only ironglow, but apparently you also completely missed that point? ::) But then again,  it ain't the 1st time for either of you.  How truly common place here on gbo. ;)

Yes, you mention us missing the point often. Hell! We can't all be geniuses here on GBO. All seeing, all knowing is a gift I do not possess.

I don't believe I said anything about "us". Ironglow and I obviously weren't agreeing,  but your the one that weighed in with nuthin of value,  other than your attempt at being a smartass with your lame attempt at condesending comedy. Now,  I'll step back, as i believe ironglow has thrown you a challenge.  ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2023, 04:42:17 PM »
:)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2023, 07:13:44 PM »
:)

About all we have left here on the forum. If not for sarcasm, and such the six or so of us left would be lost for words.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2023, 02:08:29 AM »
James Madison

Nope! ..wasn't "us"..    ..Plus, sarcasm is no genuine answer, it is only a subterfuge..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)