Author Topic: Benjamin Franklin  (Read 223 times)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Benjamin Franklin
« on: August 06, 2023, 04:31:14 PM »
"(But) if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Benjamin Franklin
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 01:37:50 AM »

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his
    protection and favors."     (George Washington"

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” (John Adams)

"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ. We have staked the whole future of our new nation, not upon the power of
    government; far from it."   (James Madison)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 03:29:35 AM »
Couple of my favorite Ben Franklin quotes.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 04:52:02 AM »
Couple of my favorite Ben Franklin quotes.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

Now, consider the intelligence of those who want the government to be their god...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 08:06:40 AM »
Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.
 Benjamin Franklin

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 08:10:58 AM »
The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. 
Benjamin Franklin

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 08:36:19 AM »
Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.
 Benjamin Franklin

UNtil Communists halt all progress, improvement and achievement..Just as they did in Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea..

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 08:40:10 AM »
The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. 
Benjamin Franklin

Sometimes we legitimate reason compels us to shut our eyes to the ideas proffered by Commies, twisted LGBTQ minds, and the genuine Facists who call themselves ANTIFA.