Author Topic: Ohio to vote on constitutional question..  (Read 823 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Ohio to vote on constitutional question..
« on: August 08, 2023, 05:21:04 AM »
  Buckeye state voters go to the polls to decide if the Ohio constitution should be changed by a simple majority vote..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-massive-voter-turnout-gop-ballot-question-protect-state-constitution-liberal-activists

Frankly, I am surprised that any constitution should be changed by a simple majority vote !  Normally, as with the US Constitution, any constitution should be difficult to accomplish.

I am noi concerned so much by any given issue, but with an enduring stability.

Simple majority is what creates banana republics.  With simple majority, a vote could be called, every time a new administration moves into Columbus..

=With the God given (IMO) wisdom of our founding fathers, the US Constitutiom requires 2/3 voters in 2/3 of the states to approve of any change..that is what has kept our Constitution stable for nearly 250 years.  We don't need the instability of a banana republic, ..neither does Ohio !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Ohio to vote on constitutional question..
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 03:09:21 AM »
People in Ohio knew what the vote was really about and gave a resounding response.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 03:50:43 AM »
People in Ohio knew what the vote was really about and gave a resounding response.

Which means what?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 09:21:49 AM »
Well we know all the pathetic American hating liberals want mob rule.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 09:36:13 AM »
  I guess the Buckeyes, decided they want an off-again, on-again fight over their constitution, every few years. Some lame brains argued that it was all
   about abortion, but that is just a straw man.

Yes, iIhave great concern for the innocent babies being liquidated, but no concern for those who provide or accept an abortion..because God will take care of them.

Look at the lame-brains in the White House today...theyu are killing america as fast as they can, by executive orders etc.

Picture if we had a constitution that could be changed by a simple majority..each time an opposition was elected..we would have to go through a correcting process, as soon as possible.  Nationwide referendums, every few weeks !

Laws follow, so the law goes back and forth, an dpeople will be getting inn trouble because they are  not up to date with laws.

Not new laws mind you, but the same opposing laws being re-instituted, every time an administration changes.

The Democrats will do ANYTHING  just to  %+*&  up the country !

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 11:19:56 AM »
The simple majority rule has been part of the Ohio Constitution since 1851. It’s a wonder they’ve been able to survive this long with such an odious rule on the books. :)
Guess they’re not smart enough to heed an oppression story from out of state.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2023, 12:26:02 PM »
The simple majority rule has been part of the Ohio Constitution since 1851. It’s a wonder they’ve been able to survive this long with such an odious rule on the books. :)

True; but we have never before had a mob of Communists, trying to take over our nation, and destroy everythig good..just to accomplish their
  nefarious aims.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2023, 12:52:09 PM »

True; buty we have never beforehad a mob of Communists, trying to tyake over our nation, and destroy everythig god..just to accomplish their
  nefarious aims.

Like it or not, its a states rights issue.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 09:49:43 PM »
yup and it should stay that way if we like the results or not

True; buty we have never beforehad a mob of Communists, trying to tyake over our nation, and destroy everythig god..just to accomplish their
  nefarious aims.

blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 01:04:51 AM »
   So, since Ohio has the answer, perhaps we should do the same with our federal constitution.  That way every time there is an administration change
    in Washington, we could all vote on whether to keep oue freedom of speech, freedom of religion and our RTBKA along with allour other
    coinstitutional rights.

That way, we would come closer to a fully entrenched DEMOCRACY!

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.”     — Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 01:18:53 AM »
   So, since Ohio has the answer, perhaps we should do the same with our federal constitution.  That way every time there is an administration change
    in Washington, we could all vote on whether to keep oue freedom of speech, freedom of religion and our RTBKA along with allour other
    coinstitutional rights.

That way, we woiuld come closer to a fully entrenched DEMOCRACY!

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.”     — Benjamin Franklin

So you don't believe in "states rights"?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2023, 01:24:25 AM »
    coinstitutional rights.

....And here we go again, folks !

Original  Poster states:  "PUPPIES ARE CUTE."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do you hate cats?"
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you permit indescrinate breeding!"
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"False, I once saw a puppy that was not cute."

I'm allergic to dogs, why don't you post pictures of fish? You don't think fish are cute?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~~

"That's not funny at all, I thought this was supposed to be a humor page !"
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

"You spelled puppies wrong.."
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No he didn't !"
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes he did!"   (and WW3 ensues)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2023, 01:35:18 AM »
    coinstitutional rights.

coinstitutional rights.

Comments:

"Why do you hate cats?"

I'm allergic to dogs, why don't you post pictures of fish? You don't think fish are cute?"

"No he didn't !"

You don't agree with Ohios decision, but states rights are states rights. Unless of course you disagree I suppose. The Constitution you say you agree with awarded Ohio states rights whether the other 49 agree or not.

I ask a legitimate question and you react this way?

Redicule is the weapon used,  when the quiver is found empty. (ironglow)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2023, 01:41:18 AM »
I suppose the people in Ohio have the right to not know what they are voting for.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/ohios_issue_1_ropeadope.html
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2023, 01:45:27 AM »
   Of course I believe in states rights, and Ohio just exercized theirs. You didn't hear me say they had no right to vote on theproposition..

Of course they do.  I only opined that that if the individual voter were interested in having a stable government with the rise of Marxism, then they should vote in favor of a more stable constitution. 

Do you reject individual opinions?  If so, join the "woke" crowd.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 01:46:15 AM »
    coinstitutional rights.

coinstitutional rights.

Comments:

"Why do you hate cats?"

"No he didn't !"

You don't agree with Ohios decision, but states rights are states rights. Unless of course you disagree I suppose. The Constitution you say you agree with awarded Ohio states rights whether the other 49 agree or not.

I ask a legitimate question and you react this way?
[/i][/b]

Of course I believe in states rights, and I never suggested that Ohioans not vote on the issue.  I only opined that they may want to follow the Federal example. 

With Marxism raising it's ugly head as it has done, with a mere majority (one vote) constitutional rights can be overturned. Oh how Biden &Co.
   would like to see our rights...first and second amendments overturned by one single (Fetterman?) vote

I was only talking honest thoughts, and not being rude, when you and DG apparently decided ridicule as a wise course.

So, once again..  " Ridicule is the weapon used, when the quiver is found empty." (ironglow)

...And now that I have coined the phrase..I may use it on a more regular basis..

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2023, 01:57:04 AM »
   Of course I believe in states rights, and Ohio just exercized theirs. You didn't hear me say they had no right to vote on theproposition..

Of course they do.  I only opined that that if the individual voter were interested in having a stable government with the rise of Marxism, then they should vote in favor of a more stable constitution. 

nefarious aims.

Now you're once again trying to change the topic. Go back and read what I actually said, not what you think I meant. I didn't criticize anyone's opinion. But now you're saying if I disagree  WITH YOU I'm woke. How'd you get there?

I pointed out that it was a "states rights" issue. Thats all I did,  and you twisted off. I didn't say I agreed, or disagreed with you,  or anyone else.

"Ridicule is the weapon used when the quiver is found empty" (ironglow) 8)

Online Mule 11

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2023, 03:07:23 AM »
I suppose the people in Ohio have the right to not know what they are voting for.

That right there is the problem. This issue was thrown up with very few even knowing what they were voting for. I for 1 do not want the state constitution easily changed as it makes it easier for outside interest’s and uninformed voters to undermine my rights and limited freedoms. I did not read this article posted yet but will, I am responding to the statement.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2023, 03:13:36 AM »

nefarious aims.

Now you're once again trying to change the topic. Go back and read what I actually said, not what you think I meant. I didn't criticize anyone's opinion. But now you're saying if I disagree  WITH YOU I'm woke. How'd you get there?

I pointed out that it was a "states rights" issue. Thats all I did,  and you twisted off. I didn't say I agreed, or disagreed with you,  or anyone else.

"Ridicule is the weapon used when the quiver is found empty" (ironglow) 8)

Dee, I absentmindedly transferred that phrase from another thread, ..my fault, my apologies..

Now, a thanks to American Thinker..and DDZ, for this clearly honest and correct article..

Offline DDZ

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2023, 02:43:37 AM »

That right there is the problem. This issue was thrown up with very few even knowing what they were voting for. I for 1 do not want the state constitution easily changed as it makes it easier for outside interest’s and uninformed voters to undermine my rights and limited freedoms. I did not read this article posted yet but will, I am responding to the statement.

Yeah really. State constitutions should not be easily changed, but thats what the Marxists want. Politicians easily deceive voters with lies and deceit. With so many people now that are ignorant from watching government run news networks, and being kept ignorant on things that matter from attending our schools of higher learning. Governments deceiving people has become quite easy for them.   

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2023, 03:40:07 AM »
Apathy is the real problem. Voters either don't vote, or they vote on name recognition, or the way an acquaintance recommends they vote.  And the lazy lacdazical might vote for promised free stuff.

Whichever it might be, states rights to self govern should previal.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 04:23:22 AM »
Apathy is the real problem.  . . .

^ ^ ^ ^ this ^ ^ ^ ^

That, and enabling and making excuses
I see it a lot from every demographic in
this region. People handing money to
their criminal children and relatives,
making excuses for their criminal behavior,
Lashing out and spewing indignation
when it comes time to face the legal
system,  etc. etc. etc.

They'll vote for whoever promises