Author Topic: Former NFL Lineman Michael Oher Sue's Adopted White Family  (Read 865 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Former NFL Lineman Michael Oher Sue's Adopted White Family
« on: August 15, 2023, 07:24:47 AM »
Remember the movie "Blindside"? Where the Tuohy family took in a black kid sleeping on the streets, whose mother was a drug addict, and the identity of his father was not really known?
Remember them furnishing him a place to live, welcoming him into their family, buying him clothes,  feeding him, buying him a new pickup, hiring a tutor to get him through high school with grades high enough to accept a scholarship at Ole Miss? Remember them paying for all that?

Well, now ole Michael has decided that hes' been cheated by the Tuohys because they made money off the movie, and instead of adopting him, they were just his guardians,  and he was put in a conservatership.

Michael Ohers current net worth is $16,000,000.00. Reckon if the Tuohy family had just waved as they drove by and left his ass on the street, he'd a finished high school? Reckon he'd a played high school football? Reckon he'd a got a college  scholarship? Reckon his  grades would  have  been  good  enough to have accepted that scholarship? Reckon his black ass would  be worth $16,000,000.00 today?

Reckon?

[BTW.  The movie grossed 300 million,  but Michael didn't care for the way he was depicted. Hes acting like the Tuohys got all that. I guess he thinks Sandra Bullock,  Tim McGraw, the other actors,  and the producers did it all for nuthin. ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Former NFL Lineman Michael Oher Sue's Adopted White Family
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 08:27:09 AM »
  Well, if he was picked up while sleeping on the streets..bathed and taken care of as nobody had done for him before, and guided on to the success he
   enjoyed, then it seems he would have a bit of gratitude.

I figure that using the "shoe on the other foot" reasoning, I would be happy with the $16 million, and pleased over what somebody had done for me.

..But then, we are not all cut from the same cloth...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 12:41:16 PM »
Just watched that movie again a couple weeks ago. His drug addict mom abandoned him. After his father obviously left his mother. Seems to be the SOP for a lot of blacks these days. The Touhy's couldn't have treated him any better. Now he is suing them?  Wonder how someone could have the balls to do something like that. Should have left his black ass on the street with all the drug addicts. Chances are if it wasn't for the Touhy's he would be dead by now.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 01:05:54 PM »
  A note, there are plenty of adopted black guys who were grateful and decent... e.g. charlie Pride.. ..
  However, it seems that Kippernuts the kneeler, has the same problem as Oher.  Is it possible that college is what screwed up their thinking? 

Or was it that he could see that he would fail in the NFL, so he grabbed for some kind of sensationalism, so he had a money train to ride, once he washed out??

https://people.com/sports/colin-kaepernick-adoptive-parents-loved-him-but-struggled-with-his-blackness/#:~:text=During%20an%20interview%20with%20CBS,year-old%
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 10:35:17 PM »
Reading between the lines, Michael Oher must be a poor manager of finance if he believes the Tuohy's "owe" him more. This is another success story turned rotten by greed due by the ever-present nagging from a community of nere-do-well "bleeders".

Persecution in the Court of Public Opinion is not the way forward for Michael Oher.  Biting the hand that fed him is not going to turn out the way he thinks. 

I hope the Tuohy families of the world continue to take the high road, extending a helping hand, letting the consequences of their actions speak for themselves, and following Christ's teaching in the manner in which the world treats everyone differently. 

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 01:34:11 AM »
Agreed. Abandoned by his dope head mother, and no real idea of his daddy, he was walking the street, and given his situation would likely still be on the streets, or worse.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 02:47:41 AM »
Reading between the lines, Michael Oher must be a poor manager of finance if he believes the Tuohy's "owe" him more. This is another success story turned rotten by greed due by the ever-present nagging from a community of nere-do-well "bleeders".

Persecution in the Court of Public Opinion is not the way forward for Michael Oher.  Biting the hand that fed him is not going to turn out the way he thinks. 

I hope the Tuohy families of the world continue to take the high road, extending a helping hand, letting the consequences of their actions speak for themselves, and following Christ's teaching in the manner in which the world treats everyone differently.

^^^DITTO THAT^^^

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 03:38:23 AM »
Probably much like a few lottery winners
around here that are back to zero in a
very short time

More than a few National Felons League
players in this region that are featured on
the "news " running afoul of the law, usually
with a strip club and vehicles involved
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2023, 04:23:57 AM »
i dont get it i guess. how could his parents have gotten more money then he gave them. i doubt if they could have sold his story and a movie made without his permission. they should counter sue him for the cost of raising him
blue lives matter

Online ulav8r

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 03:39:04 PM »
According to Rob Carson, the Tuohy's got lots from the movie and he got practically nothing.  Yes, his lot in life was greatly improved, but instrad of being adopted like the Tuohy's told him they had done, they had gotten control of all his earnings.

There may be more to the story than it appears at first glance.

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2023, 04:08:59 PM »
According to Rob Carson, the Tuohy's got lots from the movie and he got practically nothing.  Yes, his lot in life was greatly improved, but instrad of being adopted like the Tuohy's told him they had done, they had gotten control of all his earnings.

The Tuohys made a total of $700,00.00 from the movie. How much did they spend in giving him a place to live, clothing, food, education, a new vehicle, insurance, and on and on. Michael Ohers personal net worth is 16 million dollars.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2023, 03:09:17 AM »
  What an ingrate !  Wouldn't you think that his benefactors recouping some of their costs, would please him? 

Many youngsters who "make it big" are so grateful, that they devote much more than that to their 'parents'.

Searching for the cost of bringing a child up through their college years, I find this statement (12 years ago) by Time Magazine;

"During the past 35 years, the real-dollar cost of college has increased by 1,000%. That's not a misprint. And the grand summation: When you add it all up, it's not uncommon for a single child to cost a normal, middle-class family something like $1.1 million, from birth through the undergrad years."   Time, Sep 18, 2009

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2023, 03:19:54 AM »
  Articles say he was an "offensive tackle"...possibly bringing new meaning to nthe term "offensive", as it relates to him !

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2023, 05:24:52 AM »
  Articles say he was an "offensive tackle"...possibly bringing new meaning to nthe term "offensive", as it relates to him !

He sounds like another person of color that trashed talked his adoptive white parents, that raised him from infancy, and help make him what he became...........A spoiled, Racist POS. That would probably be selling crack on the street without them taking him in.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2023, 06:34:57 AM »

He sounds like another person of color that trashed talked his adoptive white parents, that raised him from infancy, and help make him what he became...........A spoiled, Racist POS. That would probably be selling crack on the street without them taking him in.

They took him in off the streets when he was about 17 years old. He was roaming the streets sleeping wherever he could.
I think hes messed his britches with the general public with this law suit.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 07:41:29 AM »
  Guess $16 million isn't enough !  ..Or is he one of those retired athletes who can't handle a dime, and wants to grab what ever he can, no matter how sleazy it ineeds to be..

Offline DDZ

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2023, 10:14:58 AM »

All his earnings???  ...and what do you think his earnings would have been without the Tuohy's graciously taking him in? 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Casull

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2023, 11:31:08 AM »
Hell, I read that he and the Tuohy's got only $100k each from the movie and they paid HIS taxes for him.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2023, 12:26:44 PM »
Well, if you'd read my other posts I said that all 4 Tuohys only got $700,000.00. Not each. Put together.

Offline Casull

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2023, 01:27:04 PM »
Wasn't responding to you Dee.  That was directed at ulav8r.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2023, 02:07:19 PM »
Wasn't responding to you Dee.  That was directed at ulav8r.

LOL,  same here. I'd forgotten I'd already addressed the issue
 :-[

Online ulav8r

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2023, 04:05:26 PM »
Doesn't matter that much to me, it just seemed that most were piling on based on suppositioin rather than facts and what Rob Carson said was based on facts that were probably not widely known.

That is the last I have to say about this.

Offline Casull

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2023, 04:11:09 PM »
Doesn't matter that much to me, it just seemed that most were piling on based on suppositioin rather than facts and what Rob Carson said was based on facts that were probably not widely known.

That is the last I have to say about this.

Well, you're assuming that what he said was "facts".
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2023, 06:50:46 AM »
No good deed goes unpunished. Sounds like a case of Kaeppernick syndrome.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 01:38:07 AM »
No good deed goes unpunished. Sounds like a case of Kaeppernick syndrome.

Yeah; sounds like a "Krapper-nick' game..