Author Topic: more leftist disinformation  (Read 901 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
more leftist disinformation
« on: August 19, 2023, 11:21:46 PM »
just saw on msn's web site that theres a big problem with backed up ships at the panama cannel do to low water levels. they claim caused by climate change. kind of shoots in the ass there claim that the oceans level is riseing do to climate change melting the ice pack. dont they realize that the ocean is one connected thing?? but then when its hot they blame climate change and when its cold they stick with the same bs story.
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 3 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: more leftist disinformation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 02:24:57 AM »
They will grab anything ..in order to promote their lies, even if the lies are as obvious as this ine...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline moamonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 03:17:57 AM »
It’s their child-like mentality. Children don’t have the mental capacity to be good liars. They’ll lie for sure, but not smart enough to fill the obvious holes in their stories.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 03:24:44 AM »
The climate activists, like Al Gore and the like, are the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of today!! Their making lots of money off of a problem that doesn't exist! And way to many are drinking the kool aid.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 03:29:37 AM »
Might want to do some research on where the the water in the canal comes from and why there is a canal. Hint- it's not salt water!

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 03:42:01 AM »
Might want to do some research on where the the water in the canal comes from and why there is a canal. Hint- it's not salt water!
I just did. Watched how they pump water from one lock to the other, raising or lowering the ship. 3 different locks in the entire 51 miles.  Didn't say a thing about not using salt water. Considering that the canal is connecting the Pacific to the Atlantic both salt water, and be pretty hard to not get salt water into the system, please educate us as to how or why they don't use sea water?
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 03:45:34 AM »
hum you tell me what creates the water for that lake. i would guess that the major contributor is rain from ocean water evaporating. seems to me more heat means more evaporation and that creates more rain. have you noticed that this year being warmer than usual has brought major rain storms and unprecedented flooding because of it. heres an example https://www.nrdc.org/stories/great-lakes-levels-are-rising-sign-things-come#:~:text=But%20this%20year%2C%20after%20years%20of%20wetter-than-normal%20conditions%2C,over%20shorter%20time%20frames%20than%20in%20the%20past.

now you can have it one way or the other blaming global warming. either it creates higher water levels or both but you like your but buddies blame global warming for everything. hot cold wet dry heck you probably blame the sun comming up in the morning on your hippy climate change agenda. Newsflash weve had hot year cold years wet years and dry years way before the industrial revolution and the first car was started. Theres a word that decribes it. Its called weather!! the Panama cannel area is one of the wetest places in the world https://www.britannica.com/science/climate-meteorology/World-distribution-of-precipitation  this whole thing is just leftist propaganda to push there nut case ideas.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 03:45:43 AM »
I've long since gotten over the liberal left lying to promote their agenda. I know what it is, and I know what it would take to stop it. But I also know that the younger generation is more about self gratification, than situational awareness, and they won't do anything about this mess.
STATE GOVERNMENTS ARE COLLECTIVE EXAMPLES of this countrys' apathetic attitudes towards each other. OTHER STATES WATCH TEXAS STRUGGLE with what is a national problem, but only 3 or 4 states out of 50, have offered any help. Thus, "The Divided States" of America.

I'm an old man now, and all I can do is vote, and watch, and make the personal decisions of what I will tolerate, and put up with. And I've done that. "The Alamos' sacrifice" was taught in schools way back when I was a kid in school. Now all those years later, THE ENTIRE STATE OF TEXAS, "IS THE NEW ALAMO", And like those those boys back in 1836 that asked for help, but didn't get any. I ain't leaving either. We'll pass or fail,  on our own.  ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 03:51:25 AM »
Since water expands when it freezes, and therefore contracts when it melts, can someone please explain to me how the ocean level rises due to the ice cap melting?

Like most communist BS, it doesn’t make sense. They’re good at trying to scare folks by creating problems where none exist and then telling you they can fix it. Hogwash!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2023, 04:10:31 AM »
blue lives matter

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2023, 11:08:58 AM »
Between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans in Panama are mountains, on top of which are huge artificial lakes. See the satellite images. Water is released from these lakes down through the locks to raise the ships. Gravity moves the water. The water is not pumped from the ocean up the canal. Can you imagine the size and cost of pumps required to float a ship up through a lock? ( I guess not)
The issue is the amount of water in the lakes. It’s dwindling because of man made climate change.
Riding ocean levels do not affect water levels in the canal.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2023, 11:15:28 AM »
“ Since water expands when it freezes, and therefore contracts when it melts”
Bad assumption!
Fun fact!
Water is most dense at 4 degrees Celsius. It expands when heated as well as when it freezes.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2023, 12:56:33 PM »
" i would guess that the major contributor is rain from ocean water evaporating. seems to me more heat means more evaporation and that creates more rain"

Your "guess" is close but over simplifies the effects of climate change!

Climate change has increased the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events like storms, floods, and droughts.

https://www.ccacoalition.org/partners/panama#:~:text=Climate%20change%20has%20increased%20the,the%20poorest%20and%20most%20marginalized.

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2023, 01:18:23 PM »
Bottom line is, the climate changes every day. Here, for example, it was 62 degrees this morning, high expected of around 95 this afternoon, and rain this evening. More than likely snow this winter, and be cold, too.

Hucksters making money, that’s all this is.

Offline Casull

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2023, 01:42:43 PM »
Kind of like the hoopla last month when they were reporting that July 4 was the hottest day on record.  Except they only looked back to 1979.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2023, 01:48:56 PM »
Not knowing the difference between weather and climate could be part of the problem............

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/noaa-n/climate/climate_weather.html

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2023, 01:55:23 PM »
July 4 Was Earth’s Hottest Day In Over 100,000 Years.

The exact modeling system used to estimate Tuesday’s temperature (weather) has only been used since 1979, but scientists are able to estimate average temperatures going back tens of thousands of years (climate) by using instrument-based global temperature records, tree rings and ice cores.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryroeloffs/2023/07/05/july-4-was-earths-hottest-day-in-over-100000-years-breaking-record-for-2nd-day-in-a-row/

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2023, 01:57:48 PM »
Not knowing the difference between weather and climate could be part of the problem............

What's the climate in west Texas? Semi arid. Whats that  mean? Hot and dry.

What's the weather doing in west Texas right now? Hot and dry.

WAAAAAAHAHAHA!

Not having any common sense is likely the real problem.  ::)

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2023, 02:07:01 PM »
:)

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2023, 02:14:02 PM »
:)

Naaaaa, you got your science degree at CNN.

Offline Casull

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2023, 02:14:10 PM »
Yeah.  Except that even NOAA said they couldn't confirm the "hottest" finding since they can't confirm the "computer model" used is accurate.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2023, 02:21:31 PM »

What's the climate in west Texas? Semi arid. Whats that  mean? Hot and dry.

What's the weather doing in west Texas right now? Hot and dry.

WAAAAAAHAHAHA!

Not having any common sense is likely the real problem.  ::)

Yeah.  Except that even NOAA said they couldn't confirm the "hottest" finding since they can't confirm the "computer model" used is accurate.

Well, you just don't understand the difference between climate, and weather.  ::)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2023, 09:39:58 PM »
ya your right we dont need the simple logical answer. we need the answer you idiots want to create to push your agenda. i showed you satellite imagery. Real proof that that article was bs. you cant grasp the fact that there have been periods of droughts storms and floods when people were riding horses and way before the world was industrialized even when we lived in caves. What caused those periods in our history?? Remember the dust bowl period? ever hear of entire islands washing away? Whole civilisations being killed off like the Aztecs by weather changes.If i recall back then there wasnt to many f150s or cilverados or gas stoves  and air condioners when all of this stuff happened ;) 
" i would guess that the major contributor is rain from ocean water evaporating. seems to me more heat means more evaporation and that creates more rain"

Climate change has increased the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events like storms, floods, and droughts.

https://www.ccacoalition.org/partners/panama#:~:text=Climate%20change%20has%20increased%20the,the%20poorest%20and%20most%20marginalized.
blue lives matter

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2023, 07:38:33 AM »

Might want to check out the effects of what they call, The Ring of Fire. Underwater volcanoes that go up the west coast of the N/S American continents, over towards Japan, and going down to almost Australia. Some of them have been quite active here in the last 2-3 years. The biggest on record, Hunga-Tonga in 2022 was what they think, equivalent to 1000 Hiroshima explosions. BUT, as liberal once said, don't let a crisis go to waste. No doubt, Hurricane Hillary will be blamed on ''climate change'', and a liberal will try and work in a new tax to stop hurricane's!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2023, 10:35:54 PM »
"hillary"---best name ever for something that killed people, did mass destruction and will cost billions off dollars to fix. id suggest the next two be named nancy and aoc!

Might want to check out the effects of what they call, The Ring of Fire. Underwater volcanoes that go up the west coast of the N/S American continents, over towards Japan, and going down to almost Australia. Some of them have been quite active here in the last 2-3 years. The biggest on record, Hunga-Tonga in 2022 was what they think, equivalent to 1000 Hiroshima explosions. BUT, as liberal once said, don't let a crisis go to waste. No doubt, Hurricane Hillary will be blamed on ''climate change'', and a liberal will try and work in a new tax to stop hurricane's!!
blue lives matter

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2023, 06:43:33 AM »
We might have to get them to stop pumping so much lava into the atmosphere :)

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/42/what-do-volcanoes-have-to-do-with-climate-change/

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2023, 07:16:29 AM »
  While the Panama Canal does get the bulk of it's water from fres water runoff, it also has some major lakes involved. Besides that the canal is
   open to the ocean at both ends. 
   That means that except that the central area of the canal is at a higher level, salt water would invade the canal much farther inland.

THe same as the Corinthian Canal..open both ends and water tends to find it's own level.  You can even do an experiment at a minute level.

Next time it rains, find two puddles in your lawn or driveway and dig a trench between them.  Does one puddle still maintain a higher water level
       than the other, or does it find it's level between the two?

BTW:  Pelopennesia used to be an isthmus, until the small connecting bit of land was excavated..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)