Author Topic: An interesting photo shoot yesterday..  (Read 204 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
An interesting photo shoot yesterday..
« on: August 20, 2023, 12:39:09 PM »
  I often go along with my son on some of his photo shoots.  On Saturday he came up with a particularly interesting shoot.  It seems a gentleman is selling  a 42 foot Yacht at the Marina in Waterloo, NY ,(adjacent to Geneva).

NIce day, fun trip, and still I learned something new.. I like to do that !  Geneva is at the head of the lake, and if the captain wants to sail to the south end at Watkins Glen, he has a 38 mile trip.  The lake averages 3 miles wide and is 618 ft deep.

Still, I thought a deluxe 42' yacht, a bit much for an inland lake, so I asked him if he could reach other waters from Seneca Lake.  He replied, "I can
     cruise the world from Seneca lake!".

Seneca Lake is just a few hundred feet from the Erie Canal..which is water connected.  Erie canal to Hudson river and south to NY harbor.

In fact, the Yacht was built near Boston, they purchased the Yacht from Cape Cod, and broughtitaround the cape, then by way of Long Island
   sound,  before coming up the Hudson.

Before Yesterday, I didn't realize a sailor could leave from the Finger Lakes, and sail the world.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Like Like x 1 View List