Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Suing Hyundai And Kia  (Read 718 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Chicago Mayor Suing Hyundai And Kia
« on: August 28, 2023, 12:56:11 AM »
Car theft is up 109% from last year, and the mayor says its the cars fault. They're too easy to steal.  ::)

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/mayor/press_room/press_releases/2023/august/SuitAgainstAutomakersKiaAndHyundai.html
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Chicago Mayor Suing Hyundai And Kia
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 01:40:03 AM »
Car theft is up 109% from last year, and the mayor says its the cars fault. They're too easy to steal.  ::)

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/mayor/press_room/press_releases/2023/august/SuitAgainstAutomakersKiaAndHyundai.html

Seems like a few years ago, almost all cars were far easier to steal, and far less were stolen.  Time to punish the thieves !

Recommend they slap these incorrigible youth (which most of them are), with hard labor, even if it is just moving rocks from one spot to another.
  After a year or two of that, maybe then they would think twice!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 02:46:06 AM »
Well ig, there were 20+ shootings in Chicago this weekend. Between guns shooting people, and cars stealing themselves, what else could the mayor do?
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 04:43:06 AM »
Well the new mayor has a fitting name. Let’s go brandon...

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 01:15:37 PM »
Considering a couple weeks ago, they ''requested'' street gangs to limit their shootings to night time hours, shows you the mentality of who's running that city!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 01:29:11 PM »
Well ig, there were 20+ shootings in Chicago this weekend. Between guns shooting people, and cars stealing themselves, what else could the mayor do?

Oh; maybe he could do more important things, such as sit around and complain about "systemic racism"...or "white privilege"...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »
That might work.  :-\

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 02:49:35 PM »
More enabling and making excuses
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 04:37:49 PM »
  If it wasn't for those wascally guns !

Those innocent youths are perfect little angels...then a gun comes along, jumps up into one guy's hand.. and convinces him to kill somebody..

The kid tries to resist.. but that 22 ounce gun is just to strong, and drags the innocent kid into a killing..

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 04:49:05 PM »
Same thing with Hyundais and Kias. Those little Chicago picaninneys are perfectly happy to ride the bus, or walk to their next robbery, or killing, but the cars just won't have it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 01:29:48 AM »
Same thing with Hyundais and Kias. Those little Chicago picaninneys are perfectly happy to ride the bus, or walk to their next robbery, or killing, but the cars just won't have it.

LOL..now ^^that's^^^ funny...!

Actually, Over the years, I have had 2 Kia cars, and if I for some reason, need to buy another car before I die..it will probably be a Kia.

They run well and are desireable..plus few can match their warranty..60,000 miles/ 5years bumper to bumper, 100,000 / 10 years drive train.

Far as I can find, only 3 offer such a warranty ..Mitsubishi, Kia .....and Kia's corporate brother, Hyundai.

Plus, where I live, there is very little or no threat from thugs who ate easily coinvinced by cars, to do their thievery.

2023 models don't have the thief inviting problem.  I presume the company has changed their software ..since I haven't heard of any widespred
   brain adjusting programs going on among thugs in the high theft areas..

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023, 02:01:19 AM »
I used to buy Linda a new car every year. In 2013 I told Iher I was gonna sorta retire and told her to pick out something she might be driving awhile.
Loaded out Honda Pilot LX was her choice. She has since rejected any new cars and the Honda at 10 years old has been trouble free. The leather interior is near perfect and all the options still work. I think it has 82,000 miles on it now.
If someone tries to steal it, they need to make sure I'm not around. This is Texas, we don't have to put up with that nonsense.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2023, 03:12:31 AM »
I used to buy Linda a new car every year. In 2013 I told Iher I was gonna sorta retire and told her to pick out something she might be driving awhile.
Loaded out Honda Pilot LX was her choice. She has since rejected any new cars and the Honda at 10 years old has been trouble free. The leather interior is near perfect and all the options still work. I think it has 82,000 miles on it now.
If someone tries to steal it, they need to make sure I'm not around. This is Texas, we don't have to put up with that nonsense.

Honda also does a great job..proven over the years..

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2023, 01:28:20 PM »
That's just funny.  No mention on locking up criminals.... ;)
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »

That’s their voter base. What’s a criminal supposed to do... errr, politician?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2023, 02:44:45 AM »

Look at my reply #1..  Obviously we have to lock these goons up, or we would never get any hard labor from them.

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2023, 02:46:48 AM »
Seems to me the industry(s) ought to give them what they're asking for.

File a lawsuit against a gun maker, or ban a gun or magazine? The industry needs to stop sellling those items there.....NOT EVEN TO LAW ENFORCEMENT!
Sue a car maker?.............Sorry, NO CARS FOR YOU AND YOUR TAXPAYERS OR VOTERS!

Seems that the despots in power would learn really quickly about "getting what they wish for".

Just my opine.....Roger

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2023, 03:05:13 AM »
Seems to me the industry(s) ought to give them what they're asking for.

File a lawsuit against a gun maker, or ban a gun or magazine? The industry needs to stop sellling those items there.....NOT EVEN TO LAW ENFORCEMENT!
Sue a car maker?.............Sorry, NO CARS FOR YOU AND YOUR TAXPAYERS OR VOTERS!

Seems that the despots in power would learn really quickly about "getting what they wish for".

Just my opine.....Roger

Hyundai & Kia have already furnished requested software, but still the mayor BRANDON wants to sue...   

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/hyundai-kia-campaign-prevent-vehicle-theft

..But that is only trying to make up for lax politicians like BRANDON,  who want to coddle crooks!

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 03:56:23 AM »
My wife’s Honda Pilot will be 20yrs. old next year. I’ve tried to get her to look for something new, but she feels as long as there’s nothing wrong with hers she’s keeping it. Almost 400,000 miles now. Been in the shop once, for preventive maintenance (new timing belt).

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 10:11:07 AM »
My wife’s Honda Pilot will be 20yrs. old next year. I’ve tried to get her to look for something new, but she feels as long as there’s nothing wrong with hers she’s keeping it. Almost 400,000 miles now. Been in the shop once, for preventive maintenance (new timing belt).

I just put 4 new tires om hers and its ready to go Anywhere