Author Topic: Some folks just dread going back to work..  (Read 252 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Some folks just dread going back to work..
« on: August 29, 2023, 02:14:48 AM »
   LA Times reports that some folks don't want to return back to work..because of "racism"..

...Doesn't specify if it.. is the "systemic' or the casual kind...or if they just want to collect acheck without going to work..

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2023-08-08/remote-work-racism-reprieve-return-to-office
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: Some folks just dread going back to work..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 02:24:14 AM »
  THe article bemoans that these poor darlings can'r CHOOSE where to poerform their job;

"Part of the push for remote work can be explained by the preferences of millennial and younger workers, who want the freedom to choose where they do their jobs, said LaTonya Wilkins, founder and chief executive of Change Coaches, a leadership development firm focused on workplace culture."

Aw! Poor powder puffs..When I worked building silos, painting high steel, or on a pipline crew..I had no choice of where I could do my job. 

I can hear it now..."Do it where it is , or get to yell out of here!" 

Actually..there likely would have been no conversation entertained, concerning where the job would be done..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 02:24:26 AM »
I think that type of folks use any convenient reason to justify not working.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 03:06:42 AM »
I think that type of folks use any convenient reason to justify not working.

I suspect you nailed it !