Author Topic: New Texas Drunk Driving Law  (Read 453 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
New Texas Drunk Driving Law
« on: September 05, 2023, 05:09:55 PM »
September 1st a new DWI (drunk driving) law went into effect in Texas. If you're driving drunk and kill a parent of minor children, YOU WILL PAY "CHILD SUPPORT" UNTIL ALL OF THE VICTIMS CHILDREN ARE 18YOA.

THAT IS A DAMN GOOD LAW!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-law-drunk-drivers-child-support-rcna103034

Also in Texas if you don't pay your child support you loose your driver's license. Thats not a new law its for anyone paying child support.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: New Texas Drunk Driving Law
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 10:29:50 PM »
i like that. only flaw in it is that a high number of them are unemployed or welfare trash. a good amendment would be that if convicted you can no longer collect welfare
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 12:11:04 AM »
  UYes; a good law.  ..But sadly, as Lloyd said, it would seem likely that most of those irresponsible drunk drivers....are irresponsible in all their ways..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 08:58:45 AM »
The people I've known of that are
habitual drunk drivers can't even
pay their own way, much less making
timely payments to benefit a child

IMO if you're impaired and cause
another person's death, you should
be tried for murder.
This intoxication manslaughter is
a bunch of crap.
I've never known anybody that
accidentally got drunk or high
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 12:55:29 PM »
i like that. only flaw in it is that a high number of them are unemployed or welfare trash. a good amendment would be that if convicted you can no longer collect welfare

The answer to that could be "forced labor" for the government and the pay going to make the payment.

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 01:08:56 PM »
If you don't pay your child support in Texas you can't keep your driver's license. It's also a jail able offense.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 10:21:12 PM »
not against the law but what about a good man who looses his job and has no money to pay it. wouldnt taking his license away make it much harder to find work and get to work or drive for work until he got back on his feet and can start paying his support again. do they make exception for that? i payed child support for 8 years on two kids. i was granted equal custody and had the kids half the time but was still required to pay child support because the court said that i was responsible to maintain an equal standard of living for those kids even when they were at their mothers. i had to keep busting my ass at work while their mother went on welfare and got that money and my money too. even with paying her that money i still had to buy half of their clothes ect. ended up i piad for all of it because she wouldnt buy crap and i didnt want my kids going to school in rags. point is that child support for many isnt a cut and dried thing. men are played all the time.

one of the lineman that worked for me had 3 kids and was married to a doctor that made MUCH more than what he did. he got full joint custody too and brought that up to the judge and was laughed at. she would actually go to ritzy stores to buy high dollar shoes and clothes and he was ordered by the court to reimburse her for half of it. she could afford a better lawyer and he came out of it with his pickup harley a 100k for the half million dollar home that was paid for and his clothes. she got the house furniture lawn tractor and blower and their two cars and the boat they stillowed money on that he couldnt afford the payment on. it was wort a 150k. she sold it to her brother for a 100k siad she sold it for the 50k they owed and pocketed the other 50k. She basically used her money to turn the kids against their dad and after a year or so they wouldnt go to his house anymore and she filed for full custody and in mich if the kids are over 13 they have the right to choose. she ended up getting full custody and he had to pay her 1500 bucks a month even though she made a half a million bucks a year in 1990s money.

in many cases child support isnt done fairly and is played by women just like people play welfare.  it can be a very unfair system. i knows there are men that refuse to pay it and women who need it and deserve it but i no longer blanket condemn people who dont. you have to look at it on an individual case and understand that there are many useless government employees paid by us and millions of dollars in court cases paid for by us.

by the way in my case i was in court 3 times over custody in 9 years and each time i had to hire an attorney and my ex had an attorney paid for by you. its an unfair system that very much favors the women. good example was when my oldest daughter decided at 16 she wanted to live with me. i went to court to get my support lowered and the judge said no. he said that would just make it less likely that she would want to go back to her mother. that if her mother WANTED to she could use the money to buy her school clothes ect. want to know how much she spent on her. in two years till she graduated not one penny. she and my son dont even speak to her anymore. only the middle daughter thats on welfare herself and is a druggy has anything to do with her.

there are many women out there like her playing the system and are put on a pedestal by the courts and some men who come into bad times that are condemned no matter what the circumstances are and even put in jail now with a record that any future employer can access and about all it says is the guy is a low life that isnt reliable enough to take care of his kids. then their are people like hunter that have plenty of money and refuse to pay. anyone put him in jail for it or take away his license? like i said a very corrupt and unfair system. so dont fall into approaching this topic with blinders on or supporting laws that are selectively enforced.

because of his shafting and my own i went to the doc 2 weeks after my divorce was final and got my nuts clipped. doc said i was the first single man in his 20 years of practice that had it done. told him theres no way i was going to be swalloed up in that child support system again. as a man even in a joint custody state like michigan you have very few rights and the women are in the drivers seat. my wife would have LOVED the idea that if something went wrong and i couldnt pay for a couple months she could have my ass thrown in jail.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 01:14:39 AM »
I've changed my mind. This new Texas law on drunk drivers paying child support if they kill parents is bull$crap. Everyone knows drunk drivers don't have any money. Just let'em go, or putem in jail for a couple of years. Those parentless kids will be fine. Maybe their grandparents if still living can raise'em.

And the Texas law requiring fathers, or mothers, to pay child support for their kids or lose their license, and, or go to jail? Its not their fault. Besides, the single parent can support the kids, or maybe move back in with their parents, or maybe just give their kids to their grandparents, and let them  raise those kids.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 03:07:00 AM »
forgive me for not totaly agreeing with you. i have no problem with anything they do to drunk drivers. i think there should at least be charged with a felony, spend at least 2 tears in prison and anything else you can dream up.THEY MADE THAT CHOICE. like the saying though your not getting a turnip out of a rock. maybe give them a choice of either paying support for those kids left behind or face double the prison time. imo two time drunk drivers should get life sentences But the poor sap thats wife leaves him for better pastures, takes his kids away and just happens to loose his job or get laid off a year later and just doesnt have the money shouldnt be put in jail. keep in mind he might well face a left wing pro women man hating judge. unlike the drunk driver he didnt make those choices they were dumped on him. id bet even you know a guy that his wife dumped his ass for someone with more money. maybe that new hubbie that wanted her and her kids should take on partial responsivity for her and those kids not buy a new truck, expensive wine beer and cigarettes with her child support money. this just isnt a one size fits all thing. i chose to leave my first wife so i paid my support even though some facets of it were imo unfair. but thats not the case for many. I hope it never happens to your son and hes tossed in jail because of some bad luck he had no control over
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2023, 07:16:05 AM »
I paid child support for my youngest boy for 13 years. Every child support check I sent was cashed at a liquor store. I had an ex wife, and step father criticize everything I did, and tried to do with that child. Solution was to make sure that boy had everything he needed, in spite of the adversity.
I did that because he was mine, and I had no control over what the ex and her old man did.

There are thousands of stories out there about ex wives, and ex husbands, and I could give a $h!t less.

The State of Texas is trying to make life better for victims of drunk drivers, and its a damn site more than the liberal state governments are doing,  which is usually nuthin, or suing car manufacturers because their citizens are stealing the cars.

Take the death penalty for instance. In Texas killers many times get the death penalty. In Michigan killers get warehoused, until they die of old age, disease, or are paroled out, and have since 1846. No law is ever perfect, but at least Texas is trying.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 08:06:02 AM »
ya you live in a better state them me. its why your here everyday bitching about texas and blaming anyone and everything but texans for the mess while you yourself  do absolutely nothing about it. sorry but you couldnt pay me 500k to live there today. i live where the closest thing to a mexican is taco bell and other then tourist season ite rare to even see a black. trees everywhere. you can hunt and fish about anywhere. whether the execute prisoners isnt a bragging point that there not in your back yard is. i do kind of see where all that pent up hate comes from. you ought to come on up crack a beer and forget city's even exist. where the only 4 lane roads are passing zones. so we can get around all the 80 year old idiots from the south hauling their camper that they can barely see over the hood. but they do have some fancy cowboy boots
I paid child support for my youngest boy for 13 years. Every child support check I sent was cashed at a liquor store. I had an ex wife, and step father criticize everything I did, and tried to do with that child. Solution was to make sure that boy had everything he needed, in spite of the adversity.
I did that because he was mine, and I had no control over what the ex and her old man did.

There are thousands of stories out there about ex wives, and ex husbands, and I could give a $h!t less.

The State of Texas is trying to make life better for victims of drunk drivers, and its a damn site more than the liberal state governments are doing,  which is usually nuthin, or suing car manufacturers because their citizens are stealing the cars.

Take the death penalty for instance. In Texas killers many times get the death penalty. In Michigan killers get warehoused, until they die of old age, disease, or are paroled out, and have since 1846. No law is ever perfect, but at least Texas is trying.
blue lives matter

Online Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 08:21:22 AM »
I haven't seen Dee bitching about Texas.  He's bitching about the fed's, and most of the other states, not doing a damn thing to help a situation that effects us all.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 08:42:45 AM »
like i said you can have it.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 09:20:52 AM »
I haven't seen Dee bitching about Texas.  He's bitching about the fed's, and most of the other states, not doing a damn thing to help a situation that effects us all.

Perception/Understanding Casull. Thats the key to it all. Thank you. ;)