Author Topic: So, how are things going?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
So, how are things going?
« on: September 08, 2023, 02:09:06 AM »
  Is this sounding lees far fetched today?  Some excerpts from Revelations 13;

5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.   

7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every [d]tribe, tongue, and nation.
   8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

So, how is the world going now..is there movement in that direction?  ..But of course, those who are saved, need not face this..

Note; I dropped a couple lines to point out key verses, but you can check your own Bible..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: So, how are things going?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 02:41:59 AM »
Who really knows? WWI was predicted as the beginning of the end. Then it was WWII. Dooms day preachers have made millions of dollars writing "prophetic books" predicting the end and folks throw their money down hoping to get a leg up on the second coming. And the authors are always wrong.

Mark Chapter 13 verses 32 through 37, says not even Christ knows. Scripture speaks to us "symbolically, figuratively, and literally.
At the very beginning of these scriptures God clearly says no one knows. Then speaks a type of parable when he says "watch". Hes saying He could come at any time and to "BE READY".

Some people seem fascinated by end times gloom and doom, and ignore "literal scripture" like Mark Chapter 13 verse 32. It could not be said any clearer.

So I never try to second guess God, i take Him at His Word. I DON'T KNOW,  AND NEITHER DOES ANYBODY ELSE.  The jew looks for a sign (which they've already missed the first one), but I don't. Ill take Gods advice,  which is be ready.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 03:11:57 AM »
Who really knows? WWI was predicted as the beginning of the end. Then it was WWII. Dooms day preachers have made millions of dollars writing "prophetic books" predicting the end and folks throw their money down hoping to get a leg up on the second coming. And the authors are always wrong.

Mark Chapter 13 verses 32 through 37, says not even Christ knows. Scripture speaks to us "symbolically, figuratively, and literally.
At the very beginning of these scriptures God clearly says no one knows. Then speaks a type of parable when he says "watch". Hes saying He could come at any time and to "BE READY".

Some people seem fascinated by end times gloom and doom, and ignore "literal scripture" like Mark Chapter 13 verse 32. It could not be said any clearer.

So I never try to second guess God, i take Him at His Word. I DON'T KNOW,  AND NEITHER DOES ANYBODY ELSE.  The jew looks for a sign (which they've already missed the first one), but I don't. Ill take Gods advice,  which is be ready.

Nobody doing any "predicting"..  Yes in {Mark 13:32) Jesus said that nobody knows when He will return....  But read the rest of the context of the verses you cited, He tells us to be observant and WATCH for His return.  Indeed, He seems to emphasize WATCH.

Indeed, as saved Christians, we should not only watch, but eagerly anticipate His return..  Note that in those short verses, He uses the word
    WATCH no less than 4 times..

32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 07:24:48 AM »

Nobody doing any "predicting"..  Yes in {Mark 13:32) Jesus said that nobody knows when He will return....  But read the rest of the context of the verses you cited, He tells us to be observant and WATCH for His return.  Indeed, He seems to emphasize WATCH.

Indeed, as saved Christians, we should not only watch, but eagerly anticipate His return..  Note that in those short verses, He uses the word

32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

We obviously don't see that the same way.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 09:16:52 AM »
A computer chip under the hand or the forehead if you are missing a hand, and everything about you can be scanned at a checkout.  Don't get the chip.  Also, a French economist in the European Union said 3 rows of 6 numbers each could identify everyone in the world up to 100 billion people if they were laser tatooed under the skin and could be read like a bar code.  Lots of Anti-Christ ideas floating around, and most everyone would comply.  The Biden administration is trying to get rid of cash money. 

With TV, internet, many pushing one world government, it won't be long before the Anti-Christ rears his head. 
Opelika Portal

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 10:57:36 AM »

We obviously don't see that the same way.

..And that's OK, we don't always have to agree.  Christians can freely disagree on things that don't affect their final destination..

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 03:01:07 PM »

So, how is the world going now..is there movement in that direction?  ..But of course, those who are saved, need not face this..

Note; I dropped a couple lines to point out key verses, but you can check your own Bible..
i am wondering .....what are you saved from ?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 03:34:28 PM »

Hopefully from your dead end, silly questions..

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 05:21:11 PM »
A computer chip under the hand or the forehead if you are missing a hand, and everything about you can be scanned at a checkout.  Don't get the chip.  Also, a French economist in the European Union said 3 rows of 6 numbers each could identify everyone in the world up to 100 billion people if they were laser tatooed under the skin and could be read like a bar code.  Lots of Anti-Christ ideas floating around, and most everyone would comply.  The Biden administration is trying to get rid of cash money. 

With TV, internet, many pushing one world government, it won't be long before the Anti-Christ rears his head.
THESE are the type of things to watch for.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2023, 05:50:49 PM »

Hopefully from your dead end, silly questions..
then how can you say you are saved if its hopefully ?

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2023, 01:35:09 AM »
Hopefully from your dead end, silly questions.

Not helpful. There are no silly questions; there are, however, silly responses as is yours.
There is a host of possible responses that respect the idea that there are folk who do not believe as you do.
Maybe they should just shut up? Maybe they should not click on "religious discussion" if they do not believe. Is that it? How convenient for you, though it flies in the face of open discourse.
Why is that question a dead end? It is. You are correct. You should be able to supply the answer

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2023, 02:44:46 AM »

Not helpful. There are no silly questions; there are, however, silly responses as is yours.
There is a host of possible responses that respect the idea that there are folk who do not believe as you do.
Maybe they should just shut up? Maybe they should not click on "religious discussion" if they do not believe. Is that it? How convenient for you, though it flies in the face of open discourse.
Why is that question a dead end? It is. You are correct. You should be able to supply the answer

I was speaking for myself only..  To you, the JW's dialog may be an interesting diversion, but I and many, many others, have heard and disputed
   their false teachings too many times over the years to fall for that same old propaganda.

I know that in the 'post modern' philosophy, each person has their "own truth".  However, i am 'old school' enough to still believe that in most
   cases, there is one 'truth' and thousands of opinions..

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2023, 07:21:14 AM »

Locust replies are continual Straw-man Fallacies.
One is best to just not respond but easier said than done.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2023, 11:06:46 AM »
'locust replies'?????
Not familiar with that term as used.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2023, 11:28:00 AM »
Apparently ,''what are you saved from ?''is a tough question if you don't know the answer. 

Offline darkgael

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2023, 02:36:25 AM »
Now....That was a Locust reply. The number of possible responses to "saved from what" is legion and virtually all of them are subject to additional questions....down the rabbit hole...ad infinitum, not so much  a dead end as in no end.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2023, 02:40:40 AM »
Now....That was a Locust reply. The number of possible responses to "saved from what" is legion and virtually all of them are subject to additional questions....down the rabbit hole...ad infinitum, not so much  a dead end as in no end.

From either a secular or cultish perspective...that question may contain some merit.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2023, 11:57:37 PM »
easy question. sin and hell
Apparently ,''what are you saved from ?''is a tough question if you don't know the answer.
blue lives matter

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2023, 10:33:56 AM »
easy question. sin and hell
are you with out sin? its very likely that some day you will die . die because of sin. so a person dies and then one day, in the not so distant future, Jesus say wakeup ,even as he said to Lazarus . that person is then saved from death .perhaps never to die again.  John 3:16  ''For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.''

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2023, 12:35:28 AM »
if you believe in Jesus and what he taught your sins will be forgiven and youll be in the up elevator not the down. worship FALSE prophets  you are guaranteed to burn and there was only one true prophet and that was Jesus. anyone else that claims that title is just a cult leader.
blue lives matter

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2023, 01:00:29 AM »
if you believe in Jesus and what he taught your sins will be forgiven and youll be in the up elevator not the down. worship FALSE prophets  you are guaranteed to burn and there was only one true prophet and that was Jesus. anyone else that claims that title is just a cult leader.
either you gain to life or you don't. its life or death. Jesus ,my leader, was clear about it

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2023, 03:31:29 AM »
either you gain to life or you don't. its life or death. Jesus ,my leader, was clear about it

Only a "leader" ?  ..Not quite that simple, if that is what you actually believe, you are indeed lost!  (as opposed to saved).. :D ;D ;D ;D

" [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1)

"Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" (John 14:9)

" “I and my Father are one.”  (John 10:30)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2023, 04:30:18 PM »

Only a "leader" ?  ..Not quite that simple, if that is what you actually believe, you are indeed lost!  (as opposed to saved).. :D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]fallow him anywhere.  evidently you would draw a line 

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2023, 04:49:10 PM »
Exodus 33:20
“And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.” 

did your god Jesus wear a vail so that no one could see his face ? or maybe he is not the god you make him out to be . know this, Jesus is the son of God

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2023, 06:09:59 AM »
“And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.” 

did your god Jesus wear a vail so that no one could see his face ? or maybe he is not the god you make him out to be . know this, Jesus is the son of God

Exactly as I hav ebeen saying; you are betraying your off-beat, error filled theology. I posted in reply #21, with just a couple verses that may help you to extricate yourself from a cult's trap..do you instead, volunteer to stay in that trap?

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2023, 02:56:02 PM »
 are as bad 

Exactly as I hav ebeen saying; you are betraying your off-beat, error filled theology. I posted in reply #21, with just a couple verses that may help you to extricate yourself from a cult's trap..do you instead, volunteer to stay in that trap?
error-filled theology? you and your kind ignore scripture even twist it to your own desires .error-filled theology has duped you into believing lies.