Author Topic: Did you pay enough for your last pickup truck?  (Read 123 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Did you pay enough for your last pickup truck?
« on: September 12, 2023, 01:24:26 AM »
   Did you pay enough for it...or would you prefer to pay 50% more?

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/day-workweek-46-raise-uaw-makes-audacious-demands/story?id=102926195
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Did you pay enough for your last pickup truck?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 04:08:18 AM »
   Did you pay enough for it...or would you prefer to pay 50% more?

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/day-workweek-46-raise-uaw-makes-audacious-demands/story?id=102926195
i told them to powder their ass last spring when interest rates hit 7% and the dealer wouldnt budge off sticker and was offering me 4k less then a identical truck with a few more miles. that was when dealers were in the drivers seat. ive bought 11 new vehicles and 2 used ones from that dealer and honestly went there expecting a fair deal. walked out and told them id never step back in there if thier vehicle was 3000 cheaper. as to that wage level i would have expected they made more. 47 bucks for there higher paid union workers having to deal with detroit/deerborn ect and pay the high housing costs there might be a struggle. i made more then that as a rural lineman living in gods coutry. lineman today that are willing to travel can make 75 bucks an hour. ive heard people bitch that electric bill was to big and my paycheck added to it. but how many of them are willing to climb 70 foot poles and hot stick 138000 volts in a blizzard. told them they have a choice. pull their meter.

i guess the same for a truck. i lke new trucks but i dont NEED a new truck. if interest rates stay high and stickers go up more then my ss check goes up ill get by just fine with the vehicles i have now. something many union workers dont look at is retention. seemed like every time we got a decent raise the next lineman that retired wasnt replaced. when i started there there were 11 linenan and two salary when i retired they had me as a working foreman and 5 other linemen. same will happen at the big three if they have to raise prices. high prices=fewer sales fewer sales means they lay off auto workers. in the end there screwing the newer workers that dont have seniority.

told the wife the same thing. she is a billing clerk at the local hospital and has worked there 27 years. she makes 22 bucks an hour and gets pissed when pimple faced 18 year olds make 20 bucks an hour flipping burgers at McDonalds. told her demand more and it will no doubt put someone on the street. flipping burgers at hardys (only fast food restaurant in town ;)). told her to shut her mouth work 3 more years and get the hell out of there. but all that said, i dont know about you but i wouldnt work in ANY big city for even 75 bucks an hour. surely not detroit, deerborn or flint. drive through them and most of the city looks like a third world country. more trashed not used housing a factory buildings then occupied ones. i think flint made #3 in the top 5 worse citys to live in.
blue lives matter