Author Topic: Saeco sizer change  (Read 1092 times)

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Saeco sizer change
« on: September 19, 2023, 04:16:12 PM »
 Having a Saeco lube-sizer for about 30 years, made a little change. Was a pain in the butt to push down, and then lift back up. Didn't mind it for gas checked bullets, but gave it a little thought for my bullets that don't take them. So, took the punch that push's them back up off. Then, removed the center pin that kept the lube from squeezing out in the middle of the sizing die. Backed off the plunger that puts pressure on the lube naturally. Fitted a tube to a Tupperware container that sits on a stand just under the sizer. Put an old towel in the bottom of the container. So now, just push the bullets threw the sizing die, they roll down the tube into the Tupperware container. When I get a batch down, warm up some Lee liquid alox, put them into a small plastic tube, roll them around, let them dry. Using this method for my .40 cal and .45 acp bullets. Wish I'd had thought of this years ago. Much faster!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Saeco sizer change
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 10:56:40 PM »
2 letters "PC"
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online gypsyman

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 04:42:36 AM »
2 letters "PC"
Might give that a try. Bought some at a gun show about 10 years ago when it first started. Shot real good. Might give it a try. Do you PC after you size, or don't size at all? Read a few article's, HF powder and vibrator were mentioned. I still have enough LBT blue and Rooster Red lube to last me to the next ice age. Probably why I haven't got into PC yet!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 06:33:11 AM »
I powdet coat before sizing...

Online gypsyman

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 02:05:44 AM »
 Gonna give it a try. Look around for a cheap toaster oven, maybe try the Goodwill or a Dollar Store. Actually less than $50 at the local Menards store.  Watched a couple video's, any suggestions on what powder coat brand? See the local HF has several different colors, I really don't care what color, just what works. Thanks!!

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 06:34:24 AM »
I use an oven from wallmart ...bout $18.00..I buy the clear powder from "Smoke" over at cast bullets.. Been real happy with it...

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 10:50:30 PM »
i size after. look for someone giving away an old kitchen range on the side of the road. they hold much more and are more consistant in heat then a cheep toaster oven.
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 10:53:52 PM »
blue lives matter