Author Topic: I'm curious..  (Read 427 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
I'm curious..
« on: September 26, 2023, 07:13:20 AM »
  I seem to be batting zero.  Under "bikers who hunt and fish"  I posted about a short ride I took last Saturday.  I gave an account of the last soldier
  to die, who had served in the Revolutionary War.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=305272.msg1099836153#msg1099836153

Being a patriot, as many of you are I thought you may be imterested in such stories, facts and trivia, but nobody even seems to have read or replied.

Am I the only one here who likes delve into this type of knowledge?  Just curious..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: I'm curious..
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 12:58:46 PM »
Me to. For the last 16 or so years, anytime I've ever posted civil war history from a Southern history/knowledge point of view, you've always attacked, and disputed, everything I've ever posted, and incessantly insisted that your point of view is always right, and mine although taught in our public schools is always wrong. According to you.. So why would I be interested in your local history? Because I'm not. Nuff said? ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 01:23:54 AM »
Me to. For the last 16 or so years, anytime I've ever posted civil war history from a Southern history/knowledge point of view, you've always attacked, and disputed, everything I've ever posted, and incessantly insisted that your point of view is always right, and mine although taught in our public schools is always wrong. According to you.. So why would I be interested in your local history? Because I'm not. Nuff said? ;)

Please, don't take a discussion as an "attack", because it sure wasn't meant that way. You seem to be especially troubled by the advent of our
  collective mistake of entering into a civil war.   Well, it troubles me too, because it was such a waste of young American lives..

Anyone can look look at posts you and I have exchanged, and see that I gave credit where credit was due..and blame where I believe
   blame was due ! ..And you will please note, that I gave credit or blame to figures on either side of that unfortunate conflict..

I ask others to review those discussions, and decide who has been posting with equanmity in mind..

I never had the temerity to suggest you not reply with articles, photos or links in favor of your position.  Isn't that what a discussion is all about?

...But it appears you want to see the event as totally one sided....when very few events are, and certainly not in a conflict that lasted 4 years.

" You've always attacked, and disputed, everything I've ever posted, and incessantly insisted that your point of view is always right"

So Dee, when was the last time you said I was correct?    Have you not expressed the idea that your opinion is right?

Come on; that is what a discussion is about..each of us have formed our views over years, so when we converse about events, we each
   bring to bear articles, historical notes and links to support our views...and those are not "attacks".

Look back on our discussions...I have given due credit to the south, the Confederacy, Jeff Davis, Robert E Lee, Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson and
     others..
   If you offered any understanding of the north, the Union, Abe Lincoln, US Grant, or Joshua Chamberlain or others, I have not seen  any such
     attribution from you...
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far as the burial place of Daniel Bakeman..you  will note..this is not just "local history", but history on a national scale, being as
    he was the last surving veteran of our American war for independence !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 01:57:59 AM »
I have looked back, and you contend that your version is: Always right. Just like now.

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 02:51:14 AM »
 I’ve been around here (Gbor) and the original gbo for many moons
I’m not the nicest one here nor the worst.
 I have known of both of you long (net wise)enough to pull up a chair and sit talk for hours
even though we never personally met.
With all that said!!!

YOU TWO need not bat at each other
You both are decent imho ( don’t let your head swell ;D )
gbor is trying to grow, no need for 2 of the best posters to swing at each other
Now don’t start the 2 yr old stuff like he started it Bullxhit
It doesn’t matter who how or why.
Life is short GBOR is a decent place.
Shake digital hands and stop the keyboard sparing
 I like you both,
 I’d bet 80 to 90% of all the regulars do too.

Ok back to regular Programming

Good Day gentlemen

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 11:23:07 AM »
I have looked back, and you contend that your version is: Always right. Just like now.

...And do you not do the same?  Even though we are both likely as conservative as possible, there are a few things we diosagree on, but that doesn't
     have to end up in rancor.

So we have differing opinions on a few things, let's not allow varying opinions be considered an "attack" !  If we were sitting face to face, we would
   likely do the same. We  would discuss things, point/counterpoint..no nreason to become inflamed.

If I bring forth something as corroborating evidence..you just go ahead and find better information, and slap it on me !  I won't take it personal..

I wouldn't accuse anyone of attacking, justbecause they bring more evidence to bear.

I hav ebeen in discussions of scripture with other elders and pastors...  We search the Bible and use it's contants to dispute contentions, point 
  by point, and nobody takes offence.   It is a form of clerical jousting..a sport if you will !

So cheer up.... take part, and enjoy the repartee.

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 12:00:59 PM »
Everyone enjoys profitable repartee :)

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 12:07:26 PM »

...And do you not do the same?  Even though we are both likely as conservative as possible, there are a few things we diosagree on, but that doesn't
     have to end up in rancor.

So we have differing opinions on a few things, let's not allow varying opinions be considered an "attack" !  If we were sitting face to face, we would
   likely do the same. We  would discuss things, point/counterpoint..no nreason to become inflamed.

If I bring forth something as corroborating evidence..you just go ahead and find better information, and slap it on me !  I won't take it personal..

I wouldn't accuse anyone of attacking, justbecause they bring more evidence to bear.

I hav ebeen in discussions of scripture with other elders and pastors...  We search the Bible and use it's contants to dispute contentions, point 
  by point, and nobody takes offence.   It is a form of clerical jousting..a sport if you will !

So cheer up.... take part, and enjoy the repartee.

Cheer up?   ::) You asked a question, and I answered it. Your self-righteousness has far from gotten me down, your ego is like winter molasses. You ask a question, and the answer never sinks in. You've made my point for me. Adios  ;)
Dislike Dislike x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023, 03:27:45 AM »
From Dee;
     " Me to. For the last 16 or so years, anytime I've ever posted civil war history from a Southern history/knowledge point of view, you've always attacked, and disputed, everything I've ever posted, and incessantly insisted that your point of view is always right, and mine although taught in our public schools is always wrong. According to you.. So why would I be interested in your local history? Because I'm not. Nuff said? ;)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I checked back on some of the posts in the'Civil War history" forum ..  And it is clear tha you very rarely contributed in such discussions.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=288635.0

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=304966.0

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=289000.0

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=280191.0

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=268484.0

...And you will please note, in all my posts there, I was polite and gave credit where credit was due.  In fact, check that top link..the OP
   that I posted, and see if I were not polite!

In fact my concluding sentence for the OP went like this;

"  Lee was so brilliant that Lincoln for years, could not find a general, who could wisely use Lee's lack of supplies and manufacturing resources as a way to victory...until he found one who was so well versed in logistics.."

Dislike Dislike x 1 View List