Author Topic: California Republicans contemplate joining Satan's forces..  (Read 709 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
California Republicans contemplate joining Satan's forces..
« on: September 29, 2023, 02:36:02 AM »
  Yes, it looks like they want to flip to old Shady, and join him in Sheol !. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/california-republicans-fight-platforms-abortion-sex-marriage-language-rcna117288

And some wonder why I won't join the Republican party !  That is, beyond my distaste for "parties" in general...

From the article;

"At the California GOP’s convention set to take place this weekend, delegates will engage in a potentially contentious debate over proposed changes to the state party’s platform that would soften the language against abortion and same-sex marriage. 

The new proposal removes language in the current platform that specifically states that the California Republican Party believes “life begins at conception.” It also removes language that says, “it is important to define marriage as a union between one man and one woman.”

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: California Republicans contemplate joining Satan's forces..
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 02:50:21 AM »
I wasn't really alert and paying attention, but
I'm pretty sure I heard the "news " people say
that the governor of california signed some
kind of something that would make it to where
the fast food employees in that state would be
paid a minimum wage of $20.00 per hour

So I guess a family trying to eat at McSalty's
will be dropping a hundred bucks for an outing?
Or more?  I know a couple of wealthy people,
and they don't patronize McSalty's, so the
customers that they target won't be able to
afford to eat there any longer
Talk about cutting your own d*** off with
a rusty can lid . . .
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 04:59:31 AM »
I wasn't really alert and paying attention, but
I'm pretty sure I heard the "news " people say
that the governor of california signed some
kind of something that would make it to where
the fast food employees in that state would be
paid a minimum wage of $20.00 per hour

So I guess a family trying to eat at McSalty's
will be dropping a hundred bucks for an outing?
Or more?  I know a couple of wealthy people,
and they don't patronize McSalty's, so the
customers that they target won't be able to
afford to eat there any longer
Talk about cutting your own d*** off with
a rusty can lid . . .

I have heard that the doofus governor we have, has done similar.  So now, when going out to 'have a bite', most go to a regular, local restaurant,
   since the cost is running about the same..

It doesn't look like Doofus has done the burger flippers any favor !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 05:07:43 PM »
That's supreme stupidity to pay
that much for an entry level/unskilled
job.
Do they think that these companies
will just shrug and absorb the costs?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 01:46:16 AM »
That's supreme stupidity to pay
that much for an entry level/unskilled
job.
Do they think that these companies
will just shrug and absorb the costs?

We will see a great deal more automation being installed in fast food places.  It is happening already..

Thanks virtue signaling politicians, for killing thousands of jobs for entry level workers.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 03:16:53 PM »

Thanks virtue signaling politicians, for killing thousands of jobs for entry level workers.

Yeah.  Somewhere along the line some pinhead forwarded
the notion that working at McSalty's or Taco Smell was supposed
to be a career and pay full time career wages.
They've had pictures on the registers at those places for years
so the illiterate border jumper women they hired could ring
you up without the need to be able to read or any other skills.
Just push the picture of the chicken nuggets and ring it up.
Now they're replacing the illiterate border jumpers with self
serve kiosks and soon the kitchen will be rid of border jumpers
and fully robotic and automated
Many don't know that a good bit of automotive assembly has
been moving towards robotics for a long time now.
They're pricing themselves out of a job to be replaced by
a machine or a four and a half foot indochinese native
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 05:07:52 PM »
So what is so freaking special about food service workers?  What about all the other jobs that are classified as beginners. this has got to be the dumbest, most discriminating idiocy and will probably do more harm to the economy than one could calculate.  Inflation will spread like wildfire.  Seniors and others on more, or less fixed incomes will be ruined.  The non-skilled and untrained will have a much harder time getting a starter job as more experienced workers opt for the higher paying food service jobs.

The government at any level has no business setting pay rates for private industry, nor business of any type outside of government.  This is nothing less than sneaking more communism in the back door.  Maybe private industry should set the payrate for politicians,
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 12:44:22 AM »
So whag is so freaking special about food service workers?  What about all the other jobs that are classified as beginners. this has got to be the dumbest, most discriminating idiocy and will probably do more harm to the economy than one could calculate.  Inflation will spread like wildfire.  Seniors and others on more, or less fixed incomes will be ruined.  The non-skilled and untrained will have a much harder time getting a starter job as more experienced workers opt for the higher paying food service jobs.

The government at any level has no business setting pay rates for private industry, nor business of any type outside of government.  This is nothing less than sneaking more communism in the back door.  Maybe private industry should set the payrate for politicians,

Probably because the McDonalds, Burger king and those who work for the Colonel..are higher visibility..

..So they are a good example when politicians are simply     "virtue SIGNALING"..   Where'a a more visible place for a two-bit politician to SIGNAL ?

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 04:29:27 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/california-republicans-fight-platforms-abortion-sex-marriage-language-rcna117288

And some wonder why I won't join the Republican party !  That is, beyond my distaste for "parties" in general...

From the article;

"At the California GOP’s convention set to take place this weekend, delegates will engage in a potentially contentious debate over proposed changes to the state party’s platform that would soften the language against abortion and same-sex marriage. 

The new proposal removes language in the current platform that specifically states that the California Republican Party believes “life begins at conception.” It also removes language that says, “it is important to define marriage as a union between one man and one woman.”

My main reason for registering as a Republican is to be able to participate in the republican primary.
 Your state and mine have Closed primaries. I am basically an independent voter. A voter who believes in the Republican platform, but very few Republicans running for election. The Libertarian party has some good views, but some that I do not believe in. (Like open borders) They are a big threat to Trump in the general election, as are most independent voters. They know they have zero chance of winning, but take away votes who would line up more with The republican candidate. Ron and to some extent Rand Paul are Libertarians who ran as Republicans to win a seat.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 05:36:45 AM »

From the article;

My main reason for registering as a Republican is to be able to participate in the republican primary.
 Your state and mine have Closed primaries. I am basically an independent voter. A voter who believes in the Republican platform, but very few Republicans running for election. The Libertarian party has some good views, but some that I do not believe in. (Like open borders) They are a big threat to Trump in the general election, as are most independent voters. They know they have zero chance of winning, but take away votes who would line up more with The republican candidate. Ron and to some extent Rand Paul are Libertarians who ran as Republicans to win a seat.

Yes, but I am a bit stubborn that way.  I was for a  time registered as a Republican, biut left when their rinos began taking over.

They call me often and I even got a registration form in the mail the other day..which I trashed..

One called me a couple days ago, and I explained that I have been telling them for 20 years, to dumpytheir Rinos..

The female that runs the RNC toiday...is a Romney...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11680045/Insiders-slam-Ronna-McDaniel-using-RNC-donor-money-piggy-bank.html

Offline darkgael

• The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 12:03:38 PM »
I wonder what the general trend is in hiring workers at McDonald's, Etc.. Illegal border jumpers? I suppose somewhere. In my part of PA, virtually all the workers are teens trying to make a buck, college kids adding a few dollars, middle aged moms defraying costs where they can. I do not remember the last time that I saw anyone working in one of those places who did not fit that description.
Maybe where you are things are different but you seem to paint with a pretty broad brush.
I do agree that $20/hr. seems a bit high.
Prices are up for sure. When was the last time you went to a pro baseball game and ordered a couple of hotdogs, some chips and a beer? Passing through Norfolk airport earlier today, I noticed that a breakfast sandwich was $14.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2023, 01:15:34 AM »
I guess they can just send the employees out
and board the places up.
( I've posted before) There was a brand new Carl's
Junior high end place built from scratch about a
mile away from here some years back.
Lots of grand opening banners and balloons etc.
Can't remember exactly how long it lasted, but
it wasn't very long. The building is boarded up
and turning into a an eyesore shambles
Fast food places like McSalty's and Booger Queen
and the like are supposed to be entry level
places for the unskilled and younger people
to learn the basics of following instructions and
consistency in your work, etc.
The things that used to be taught in the home
and public schools.
The clientele of a McSalty's will eventually go
elsewhere when the prices become unaffordable
and unacceptable for the average joe to pay

I won't make excuses for the silliness of
demanding exorbitant pay scales for an
entry level unskilled job

That's the main problem with the nation now.
We enable and make excuses
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2023, 06:18:29 AM »
From DG;

Prices are up for sure. When was the last time you went to a pro baseball game and ordered a couple of hotdogs, some chips and a beer? Passing through Norfolk airport earlier today, I noticed that a breakfast sandwich was $14.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Primary reason why I don't patronize those places.

Like t e old guy who told his friend that he had "broken his arm in two places"..

His friend gave him good advice, when he said.."then, just don't go to those places!"   :D  ;D

Offline darkgael

• The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2023, 08:30:45 AM »
iG:
Primary reason why I don't patronize those places.

You and I may not attend. Lots of other people do. Average attendance at a MLB game in 2023 so far is better than 40K.
The NE Patriot average home game attendance in 2022 was more than 65K. Lots of beer and hotdogs.

I wonder how many illegals were involved.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2023, 04:06:56 PM »
There were likely more than a few
involved in the supply chain

I don't enable or make excuses for any of them
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2023, 12:17:39 PM »
I had to log in and put in my 2 cents worth,
and that is,
Any and all who cast their votes for a democrat or republican who believe that queer marriages and abortion at any point in the pregnancy is okay, are getting their tickets punched for eternity in H*LL.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2023, 02:48:26 AM »
I had to log in and put in my 2 cents worth,
and that is,
Any and all who cast their votes for a democrat or republican who believe that queer marriages and abortion at any point in the pregnancy is okay, are getting their tickets punched for eternity in H*LL.

HJi Bugeye, great to hear from you..  Some of those lefties (not all) act as if they are shocked that the tgerrorists would cut babies heads off!

From what I understand, that is only where the abortion provider" starts his/her work!

Here is another method provided at the "mother's" convenience..  From the Pro-Life Action League;

How is a D&X or “partial birth” abortion performed?

A D&X (dilation and extraction) or partial-birth abortion is typically performed in the late second or third trimester. As with a D&E abortion (see above), the cervix must first be dilated, usually with laminaria (dried seaweed sticks). Forceps are then inserted into the uterus to grasp the fetus’s legs. The fetus is delivered breech while the head remains inside the birth canal. Using blunt-tipped surgical scissors, the base of the skull is pierced, and a suction catheter is inserted to extract the contents of the skull. This causes the skull to collapse, and the dead fetus is then extracted.

..Suck their brain into a vacuum bottle...   How is that much different than and what a terrorist does?