Author Topic: JUST FOR TEAMSTERS...  (Read 642 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
JUST FOR TEAMSTERS...
« on: September 29, 2023, 09:49:00 AM »
Youi're a truck driver?  Have you ever tried this...and with a double..?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kVjX8DCSUDs
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
Re: JUST FOR TEAMSTERS...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 02:45:01 PM »
Seriously knows his wheels

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 02:48:05 PM »
Youi're a truck driver?  Have you ever tried this...and with a double..?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kVjX8DCSUDs

But how do you know he's a teamster.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 06:10:24 PM »

Sheesh! Here we go again...

https://www.google.com/search?q=teamster+definition&sca_esv=569647807&sxsrf=AM9HkKlmK-sMf53i1EF_OAZAsSPHEUtPww%3A1696046935355&source=hp&ei=V58XZcz5EpPi5

Some confused folk seem to think a "teamster" is necessarily a union member.. 

Old Daniel Morgan, revolutionary war hero, called himself "the old teamster".. Serious doubt there was a teamster's union at that time..

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/biographies/daniel-morgan
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 07:49:59 PM »
".. Serious doubt there was a teamster's union at that time.."

Yep

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023, 01:19:42 AM »

Sheesh! Here we go again...

https://www.google.com/search?q=teamster+definition&sca_esv=569647807&sxsrf=AM9HkKlmK-sMf53i1EF_OAZAsSPHEUtPww%3A1696046935355&source=hp&ei=V58XZcz5EpPi5

Some confused folk seem to think a "teamster" is necessarily a union member.. 

Old Daniel Morgan, revolutionary war hero, called himself "the old teamster".. Serious doubt there was a teamster's union at that time..

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/biographies/daniel-morgan

Let's see? You post an old video of a truck driver backing a set of doubles.The UAW workers are striking, and the TEAMSTERS are saying they won't deliver cars if UAW is striking.

You post an old video of a truck driver], CALLING HIM A TEAMSTER, I ask a question, and get this.
Then I get another UNRELATED history lesson, as i was SUPPOSED to read your mind, while gene pretends to. So yes, HERE WE GO AGAIN.  ::)

SHEESE!! What was I thinking. ::)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/teamsters-join-uaw-strike-greatly-impacting-auto-industry

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 01:44:23 AM »
  FRom Dee;

" Let's see? You post an old video of a truck driver backing a set of doubles.The UAW workers are striking, and the TEAMSTERS are saying they won't deliver cars if UAW is striking.

You post an old video of a truck driver], CALLING HIM A TEAMSTER, I ask a question, and get this.
Then I get another UNRELATED history lesson, as i was SUPPOSED to read your mind, while gene pretends to.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/teamsters-join-uaw-strike-greatly-impacting-auto-industry"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Dee; I just came upon an interesting video on the web, which demonstrates the exceptional skill of some unnamed driver.  There was no connection
    to any other post, i just figured the guys, especially truck drivers, may enjoy it.. THAT'S ALL.!

Just an interesting little video that I didn't expect to stir up any controversey.. but WOW, I guess I was wrong! 

I just hope others enjoyed it .

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 01:50:39 AM »
  FRom Dee;

" Let's see? You post an old video of a truck driver backing a set of doubles.The UAW workers are striking, and the TEAMSTERS are saying they won't deliver cars if UAW is striking.

Then I get another UNRELATED history lesson, as i was SUPPOSED to read your mind, while gene pretends to.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/teamsters-join-uaw-strike-greatly-impacting-auto-industry"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Dee; I came upon an interesting video on the web, which demonstrates the exceptional skill of some unnamed driver.  There was no connection
    to any other post, i just figured th eguys, especially truck drivers, may enjoy it.. THAT'S ALL.!

Just an interesting little video that I didn't expect to stir up any controversey.. but WOW, I guess I was wrong! 

I just hope others enjoyed it .

Stirring up controversy? There are  several videos out there with  truckers backing a set of doubles. NONE! SAY ANYTHING ABOUT "TEAMSTERS". You start a thread LABELED TEAMSTERS with a TRUCKER backing  a set of doubles, I asked a question, you got sarcastic.  ::) I've owned several trucks, for several years, and never heard the term "teamster" used to  describe a truck driver, so just maybe the term is "regional".

I asked a question. YOU made the question "controversial" by assuming everyone would associate the two, and tried to talk down to me. YOU made it controversial because yo "thought" your knowledge was being questioned.
::)

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 06:44:15 AM »
Teamster comes from the days when freight wagons were hauled by “teams” of stock (horses, mules etc.).  Today? Old school drivers refer to themselves and others as “Driver”…

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 08:37:36 AM »
Teamster comes from the days when freight wagons were hauled by “teams” of stock (horses, mules etc.).  Today? Old school drivers refer to themselves and others as “Driver”…

Exactly! And today the teamsters are a union. The thread title was deceptive, and with the strikes going on what else could you think?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 04:38:31 PM »
  I just won't bother..

I don't bother when the neighbor's dog digs holes in his yard either..it's up to the neighbor to correct things..and square away his own yard.  ;) ;D

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 04:46:48 PM »
  I just won't bother..

I don't bother when the neighbor's dog digs holes in his yard either..it's up to the neighbor to correct things..and square away his own yard.  ;) ;D

LMAO!  The only folks around today called TEAMSTERS are in the TEAMSTERS UNION. You dug those holes in your own yard. Don't blame your dog. ;) ;D

Cheer up, ;)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2023, 02:10:36 AM »
  Not so Dee..your shortage of complete knowledge of the term, is all your own..  Buy a dictionary and get to work !

..May as well pick up a thesaurus too !

In fact, here is a free dictionary..  https://www.oed.com/search/dictionary/?scope=Entries&q=teamster

Oh..BTW, here is Merriam-Webster also, and their verification of tghe term also.  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/teamster

Now, who was it you said was stubborn and refuses to admit when they are wrong?

Please, don't try to blame others for your lack of command of pur language.

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2023, 02:23:11 AM »
  I just won't bother..

Not so Dee..your shortage of complete knowledge of the term, is all your own..  Buy a dictionary and get to work !

..May as well pick up a thesaurus too !

In fact, here is a free dictionary..  https://www.oed.com/search/dictionary/?scope=Entries&q=teamster

Oh..BTW, here is Merriam-Webster also, and their verification of tghe term also.  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/teamster

Now, who was it you said was stubborn and refuses to admit when they are wrong?

Please, don't try to blame others for your lack of command of pur language.

LMAO! AGAIN! Couldn't stand it, could ya?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2023, 04:03:26 AM »
  Large cartoons do not detract from the substance.. 3the fact3s remain...

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2023, 04:33:24 AM »
:)

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 05:18:41 AM »
  Large cartoons do not detract from the substance.. 3the fact3s remain...

LOL, and what are the facts ig? You used an outdated term (teamster) in place of the commonly used term truck driver. I misunderstood what you were getting at, asked a question, and you twisted off. AGAIN!

As to actual "substance"? NWBear contributed the only substance,  as to the history of teamsters in the transportation category which you were TRYING to depict

Thats about all the substance there was.. ;)

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2023, 05:19:24 AM »

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2023, 06:46:36 AM »
  Frtom Dee.."
LOL, and what are the facts ig? You used an outdated term (teamster) in place of the commonly used term truck driver. I misunderstood what you were getting at, asked a question, and you twisted off. AGAIN!

If the term were outdated, it would not be in the popular dictionaries, unless cited as a obsolete term.  ..But perhaps you didn't know that dictionaries are constantly updated.. 

Of course there are times when that bothers me too, since I believe they are sometimes too quick to adopt certain terminologies..

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »
  Frtom Dee.."

If the term were outdated, it would not be in the popular dictionaries, unless cited as a obsolete term.  ..But perhaps you didn't know that dictionaries are constantly updated.. 

Of course there are times when that bothers me too, since I believe they are sometimes too quick to adopt certain terminologies..

Here is the deal. The video was about truck driving skills. It didn't have anything to do with teamsters. Does it really matter?