Author Topic: Remington 360  (Read 1940 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Remington 360
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2023, 06:07:04 AM »
  If your state has similar restrictions, do they run as ours do, to counties with cities in them ?
  NO, it started because of farmers and thinking rifle bullets from high powered rifles go too far.

Wow!  I'm surprised..farmers around here would be the last to complain..  They only get hostile if hunters leave gates open, spread trash or ignore
   posted signs.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2023, 06:10:46 AM »
same thing in the nothern part that allows anything centerfire. i wouldnt bother trying today but dad shot quite a few when he was young with a hornet. said they liked it because it was quiet ;). grandpa hunted for alot of his life with a 25/20. uncle used a 32/20 guns like that were the norm back then. the guys with money had them fancy 3030s
   At one time years ago, all big game hunting in NY State was "shotgun only"..   After pressure by rural counties...some areas started to allow rifles.

Some "Chicken Little" legislators were very apprehensive for a time; but once approved they found the accidental shootrings went down in rifle areas

The curious thing  about the rifle law,. its that allowable rifles are only limited to "centerfire'.  Although most of us know better, I suppose it would
    be legal to use a rifle chambered for .22 hornet, .380 or even perhaps a .25 APC...  Fortunately, I have heard of no cases where that has been
    tried.

THe counties that still have "shotgun only" rules, are the counties which have sizeable cities within them.  Yellow areas, rifle or shotgun.. and a
    few still choose shotgun (with slugs only, of course)..

If your state has similar restrictions, do they run as ours do, to counties with cities in them ?

Not saying the smaller rounds can't do the job, but they aren't quite as effective.  That being said, some guys on the reservation use .22 Mag.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2023, 09:32:20 AM »
same thing in the nothern part that allows anything centerfire. i wouldnt bother trying today but dad shot quite a few when he was young with a hornet. said they liked it because it was quiet ;). grandpa hunted for alot of his life with a 25/20. uncle used a 32/20 guns like that were the norm back then. the guys with money had them fancy 3030s
  My dad felt that those cartridges were a bit underpowered for deer and he killed quite a few deer with a 22 magnum, also with a 22RF.  When I was a kid, rimfires were legal for deer in Michigan.

Anyway, I hunt with a drilling and this is the first big game animal I shot with it,

DM

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2024, 07:51:46 PM »
Well.  . It's been some months now
since I was first aware of the 360BH,
and just for grins I thought I'd do a
search and see what I might find in
the way of supplies to make a 360BH
shoot. Still not much of anything that I
could find.  Lee offers a die set.